Money System

SGT. Johnson

Hello all,

So we have suggestions for RP support, fuel, and even jobs. Why not I bring somethign new to the table:

What if Rockstar was to implement an online money system that gives the player more flexibility with the money they earn from online matches?

ikillionaire ii

I think you should be able to buy clothes and weapons maybe a vehicle too

so clothes for ur character hair/face etc is a given

but maybe owning a weapon u can only own one at a time and u spawn with the weapon u own so start of pistol then maybe you get a few k and buy an smg u start every game with an smg (providing weapon sepcific rules arent set)

and vehicle maybe u could spawn inside the vehicle u own (not sure if this would work too well though)

Exactly; use killionaires ideas as an example, especially the one about the weapon that you can carry into other game modes once you buy it.

Wait?!! So someone can buy a rocket launcher and keep it? suicidal.gif

ikillionaire ii

That would be mega expensive though ;D but I think RPG should be restricted and maybe tanks restricted as a vehicle if theyy are on V

That would be mega expensive though ;D but I think RPG should be restricted and maybe tanks restricted as a vehicle if theyy are on V

Thanks for your suggestions.

Come on people, don't be shy wink.gif

On IV??? Nothing but its used as an icreadibly bad exp/leveling system

Exactly; I'm just making a topic for a possible money system/reconfiguration of how money is used in the mutiplayer section. There's a topic for a lot of other suggestions, so why should this one be any different? I usually don't post anything unless I see that it's not in the search option or that it is something worth creating.

What about being able to use money to buy guns and explosives from the stores in free-roam or deathmatch? Not to keep for every match, of course, but as sort of a way to get weapons when you're not near any weapon spawns.

What about being able to use money to buy guns and explosives from the stores in free-roam or deathmatch? Not to keep for every match, of course, but as sort of a way to get weapons when you're not near any weapon spawns.

THIS! This is one of the reasons I created this topic. Nice job, Racecarlock.

On IV??? Nothing but its used as an icreadibly bad exp/leveling system

Exactly; I'm just making a topic for a possible money system/reconfiguration of how money is used in the mutiplayer section. There's a topic for a lot of other suggestions, so why should this one be any different? I usually don't post anything unless I see that it's not in the search option or that it is something worth creating.

It's a good topic.

IV being the first proper all console multiplayer release for GTA (by that I mean PC AND consoles), it was an exception. Rockstar created a great multiplayer environment in Red Dead. This being their second all console multiplayer next gen game for GTA, i'm sure they are fully utilizing the time they have to make the multiplayer absolutely outstanding.

i like the sound of buying things with online money, but i don't wanna go to a gun store every time i play MP, especially if i only have half an hour. That would be tiring.

Also, it would absolutely destroy online play for newbies, or casual gamers.

Why:

you get a hardcore gamer, playing for hours and hours, earning loads of money. He goes and buys an RPG, and a fast car.

Then a new guy comes on, with no moeny, and gets raped by the first guy's superior weapon/vehicle.

It's a nice idea, but for me at least, those two points pose a big problem. How would R* level the playing field?

I think money would make more sense used for things that DONT give the gamer an advantage - clothing, maybe vehicle customisation, or character customisation options, ways to personalise their experiance.

I can't offer many more suggestions however.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

The_Mario_Man

On the buying weapons in MP freeroam - what's to keep people from just camping out in the gun shops and taking out anybody who comes near? Or killing the shop owner and locking everybody of buying stuff?

On the buying weapons in MP freeroam - what's to keep people from just camping out in the gun shops and taking out anybody who comes near? Or killing the shop owner and locking everybody of buying stuff?

@Everyone, very good suggestions and discussion.

@Mario_Man, good point. Don't you think there would be more than one weapon store?

Perhaps R* will instead adopt the RDR weapon wheel feature?

Nice Topic, i hope it does not get locked

On Topic: New Weapons i guess

I'm going to try and keep it on topic as best I can.

What if Rockstar gave us a default save area, and allowed us to be able to customize it with in-game money?

The_Mario_Man

Don't you think there would be more than one weapon store?

Well, sure. But they're usually spaced pretty far apart. It'd be kinda irritating to have to drive to the next town over because some jerk is hold up in the closest store.

Is this thread just about the online money system? I've got a few ideas for how things work in SP too. One of these ideas is adopting the banking system from Scarface: The World is Yours. Where any cash you have on hand can be deposited in a bank. If you die/get arrested you lose whatever cash you've got in your pocket.

There would be some shops that only accept cash (the gun dealers/Pay'n'Spray) so you'd have to go to the ATMs to withdraw some, while other legitimate shops would take check cards that would draw straight from your bank funds. I think it would kinda fit the 'almighty dollar' theme V seems to be going for.

I actually think this feature was originally present in IV but stripped out, considered the abundance of ATMs around the city that really serve no purpose. Plus the presence features they borrowed from The World is Yours to begin with (Police search radius/Cell phone menu).

Don't you think there would be more than one weapon store?

Well, sure. But they're usually spaced pretty far apart. It'd be kinda irritating to have to drive to the next town over because some jerk is hold up in the closest store.

Is this thread just about the online money system? I've got a few ideas for how things work in SP too. One of these ideas is adopting the banking system from Scarface: The World is Yours. Where any cash you have on hand can be deposited in a bank. If you die/get arrested you lose whatever cash you've got in your pocket.

There would be some shops that only accept cash (the gun dealers/Pay'n'Spray) so you'd have to go to the ATMs to withdraw some, while other legitimate shops would take check cards that would draw straight from your bank funds. I think it would kinda fit the 'almighty dollar' theme V seems to be going for.

I actually think this feature was originally present in IV but stripped out, considered the abundance of ATMs around the city that really serve no purpose. Plus the presence features they borrowed from The World is Yours to begin with (Police search radius/Cell phone menu).

It was originally for MP, but SP is fine too. I'd change the topic if I could but I can't.

Hmm, Scarface money system? I've actually played that game so I would say that is a good idea; what would become an annoyance though is having to save your cash at the nearest bank in ordr to keep it. This became an absolute pain in the @$$ when it came to ending those "Distribution Drug" missions.

The_Mario_Man

I actually liked it. It gave you a big incentive to not get yourself killed when you were hauling a quarter-million dollars around.

I actually liked it. It gave you a big incentive to not get yourself killed when you were hauling a quarter-million dollars around.

I could see it become an annoyance to some fans, but you can't please everyone.

The_Mario_Man

Well, I don't think it'd be as big of an annoyance as it may have been in Scarface (shootout, then speedboat chase, then boat-stealth, then car chase if I remember right). Just pop by the closest bank between missions, and be smart enough to not start a war when you've got a sizable amount of cash.

what about combining the bank and a safe in your house - your money would appear in both. That way, jst go to your safehouse and BAM there's all your money.

I sense IV was meant to have usable banks but it didnt in the end.

oh and if you want your topic title changed, pm a Mod or Admin and theyll do it if the cba (not a led by, i dunno if they can do that)

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

what about combining the bank and a safe in your house - your money would appear in both. That way, jst go to your safehouse and BAM there's all your money.

oh and if you want your topic title changed, pm a Mod or Admin and theyll do it if the cba (not a led by, i dunno if they can do that)

Thanks for that tip.

If IV was 'ment' to have banks, why didn't it. I'm sure if it was 'ment' to then it would.

Hopefully they can expand further on the idea of storing money than just by looking at an ATM. Realistic, but kinda boring if you ask me. Perhaps there will be more emphasis on banks.

NOTE: This was an SP feature.

For multiplayer, I think the money could be used for a lot more purposes besides guns.

Like having minigames where you can bet money on players or other kinds of gambling.

Maybe even just being able to give money to players in free roam would be neat. For example, if a guy backs you up you can give him some money. i know the roleplayers would appreciate this.

Hopefully they can expand further on the idea of storing money than just by looking at an ATM. Realistic, but kinda boring if you ask me. Perhaps there will be more emphasis on banks.

NOTE: This was an SP feature.

Yeah looking at the ATM was pretty dumb considering you could see how much money you have at the top right of the screen any time you wanted.

Thompson.png

The_Mario_Man

If IV was 'ment' to have banks, why didn't it. I'm sure if it was 'ment' to then it would.

Who knows. Quite a few elements in GTA IV appeared to have been borrowed from Scarface: The World is Yours. Police search radius, cell phone menu, lock-on system, etc. There are tons of ATMs scattered around Liberty City that have no purpose other than telling you the amount of cash you have. Something easily done by just glancing at the corner of the screen. It makes me think that banks and money-management may have originally played a much larger role in IV.

Edited by The_Mario_Man

Hello all,

So we have suggestions for RP support, fuel, and even jobs. Why not I bring somethign new to the table:

What if Rockstar was to implement an online money system that gives the player more flexibility with the money they earn from online matches?

you did not explain flexible in what way