Red Dead III

A White CJ

Since I can't find a good RDR forum, I suppose I'll talk about it here. bored.gif

What are your ideas for Red Dead's third title? (Which I presume they'll make.) What would YOU personally like to see?

Everybody says there's not much more to do with the Old West, but when you think about, there are still some nice settings and times still untapped. And I've got at least two ideas, inspired by movie and TV...

HELL ON WHEELS

Hell on Wheels is the AMC TV show set in the Dakotas, with a focus on the transcontinental railroad and the fights with the Indians. Well, one conflict left largely unexplored was the US wars with the natives, so here we go! Red Dead (Railroad?) could be set in Rockstar's version of the Dakotas and Canada. It's more diverse than you might think; we could have forest in Canada, the Badlands, and the Great Plains. If Rockstar really mangled geography, even desert from Utah. In each area of Red Dead Redemption, a different story was going in the background. New Austin had the libertarian ideals of the locals. Nuevo Paraiso had the Mexican Revolution. On a small scale, West Elizabeth had the natives and the march of progress. In Red Dead Railroad (I know, the name sucks) it could focus on the struggle to build the railroad and the conflicts with the natives that ensued. Or, set it forward in time, and have just the natives.

ZORRO

The biggest problem with this is finding a time period when guns and swords coexisted well, but imagine a game set in Mexico (before the Mexican-American War?) with a fusion of gunslinging ala Red Dead Redemption and swordfighting ala Assassin's Creed. The story wouldn't necessarily draw from Zorro at all; what matters is the setting and feel of the era. While "Red Dead Railroad" takes West Elizabeth's story and runs with it, Red Dead (Revolucion?) focuses on Mexico's constant turmoil. It would make for a nice setting.

EDIT: Damn it. Wrong area.

WISHLIST

- Fishing, to accompany hunting.

- If it appears in the game, make it an activity! There were a lot of cattle herding and racing missions in RDR, skills that never appeared in the sandbox play.

- Duel wielding.

- Better duels, and the ability to start duels.

- Some semblance of stealth.

- Swimming, of course.

- More in-depth trading.

- Inventory like Assassin's Creed, with horses being used for carrying extra equipment.

- A decent number of robbery missions and other criminal activities. Being able to stick-up people for piddly amounts of cash hardly counts. Store robberies, bank robberies, train robberies do.

- Followers? In the form of a gang/posse?

- Really minor, but I thought having a harmonica/guitar minigame would be neat.

- GET RID OF REGENERATING HEALTH.

-

Edited by A White CJ

I started working on a concept for a prequel to RDR. It's set in 1905 on a different territory. And you play As John when he was still running with Dutchs gang. I have a map and a lot of written description. And since it's been dead for a while I guess I could send you everything I have if you intend to work on it and expand it. Because I would hate to let it go to waste.

Interesting. Do you have it on this site?

I realized that there's simply no time where the fast-reloading, accurate guns of the Old West and the flashy swordfighting of Zorro's times coexisted. As far as I can tell, the most modern Zorro story took place in the Mexican Revolution.... well before the age of gunslingers.

If one ignores history it doesn't matter, but it really wouldn't be RDR. RDR is, for a few mistakes with guns (e.g., Mausers), period accurate.

As for Read Dead Railroad, there's two possible times for that story: the railroad (1860s) or the Great Sioux War (1870s).

I'm working on "Red Dead Reservation" (working title) right now, which is set in the Great Sioux War in "Colinasnegras" Territory.

It should be about Red Harlow becoming a vile, callous murderer. Thus far we have seen a lot of heroics, but back in those days, many of the so-called heroes were actually bitter, evil men.

Turning the last game on its head, I think a story of a good man slowly edging towards personal damnation would be really interesting.

Well, two big goal of "Red Dead Reservation" are to:

1. Make the game more cinematic.

Dead Eye is redesigned to let you pull off badass combat sequences (you move around and fire in Dead Eye in slow-mo, then it does it in the regular game at normal speed). Basic melee fighting is improved, with more moves with things like knives and swords, and the ability to use random objects for brawling (like one of those cliche saloon brawls, chairs flying and throwing people out of windows).

2. Make living off the land a big part of the game.

One of my friends said he liked how you could live off the land, spending time camping and hunting, and then emerging back into civilization. I thought that was interesting, so RD3 will have a lot more wilderness (though not at the expense of civilization) and more to do in it. You can fish and hunt, cook the meat into food, turn the fur into clothing, and sell products back to stores.

Edited by A White CJ

Interesting. Do you have it on this site?

I realized that there's simply no time where the fast-reloading, accurate guns of the Old West and the flashy swordfighting of Zorro's times coexisted. As far as I can tell, the most modern Zorro story took place in the Mexican Revolution.... well before the age of gunslingers.

If one ignores history it doesn't matter, but it really wouldn't be RDR. RDR is, for a few mistakes with guns (e.g., Mausers), period accurate.

As for Read Dead Railroad, there's two possible times for that story: the railroad (1860s) or the Great Sioux War (1870s).

I'm working on "Red Dead Reservation" (working title) right now, which is set in the Great Sioux War in "Colinasnegras" Territory.

I have it all typed up in word but I could PM or Email the text to you if you want. I even have the map and logo picture files uploaded to photobucket and the code on the concept. So if you think you would be interested in expanding it you could just ask for it and I will shoot you a PM

most important things for red dead 3?

trains online!!!!!

and a fighting system thats not total bullsh*t! wild western times are famous for bar fights and they gave us the worst combat system known to man..... -_-

Since I can't find a good RDR forum, I suppose I'll talk about it here. bored.gif

are you sure you havent checked out the partner site?

G1T