Cutscene differences?

V8~Ghost

I just noticed this while playing GTA3 10th anniversary edition on my iPhone.

This is what Asuka says:

"My police source indicates that the FBI has mounted a surveillance operation at key locations around the city. It is too late to contact anyone and avoid incrimination. Take out these spying cops, but be careful, they're bound to have backup."

I NEVER heard her say it like this until I had this game for my iPhone. I thought hey maybe its the FBI instead of the Leones and they just changed it for whatever reason, but the people you kill in the mission are the leones..

In this one though:

"My police source indicates that the mafia are watching our interests around the city in a bid to track you down. We cannot continue our operations until they are dealt with. Take out these spying fools and end this vendetta once and for all."

In both versions it has the subtitles for the latter one.

Has anyone else noticed this? And is there any other cut scenes like this?

Also notice she never says the word vendetta in PC or Xbox. Ps2 I'm not sure. I have an original copy from 2001; I'll get back to you.

uhhh... that kinda changes the story in a substantial way doesnt it? Theres a pretty big difference between the mafia hunting you down, because you killed salvatore than just some cops....and honestly, the original lines make more sense and go with the story better than the ios version.

edit: Im not sure if this is the same thing, but once I got to the 2nd island, I noticed cutscene dialog was different than the subtitles below. Maybe the subtitles for that mission had the original lines?

Edited by Marzipan_jew

PS2 version got cutscene with Asuka saying about Mafia vendetta, which makes a lot more sense, especially when the models used in that missions are clearly a Leones. I don't know why R* did this, but it was bad way to do this.

I have never seen any other differencies than this one.

PS2

My police source indicates the Mafia are watching our interests around the city in a bid to track you down.

We cannot continue our operations until they are dealt with.

Take out these spying fools and end this vendetta once and for all.

PC +

My police source indicates that the FBI has mounted a surveillance operation at key locations around the city.

It is too late to contact anyone and avoid incrimination.

Take out these spying cops but be careful, they're bound to have backup.

That does seem like quite a difference, I wonder why. Too bad nobody brought this up before the GTA III A&A.

Edited by Niall

Strange thing is that you indeed kill Mafia men in that mission, so why they changed it for FBI agents in the dialogue I don't know.

Edited by BenDeR_