Has a Game Map ever been released?

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Just in regard to the 'new info' people keep going on about and wondering when we'll get it - would there be a chance of them actually revealing the map to us prior to release?

I've never been on a GTA Forum before any game release, usually I just go by the trailers I seen on TV so I'm not clued up on this, but have Rockstar ever released a Game Map BEFORE the game was put out?

Or is it often leaked?

Just in regard to the 'new info' people keep going on about and wondering when we'll get it - would there be a chance of them actually revealing the map to us prior to release?

I've never been on a GTA Forum before any game release, usually I just go by the trailers I seen on TV so I'm not clued up on this, but have Rockstar ever released a Game Map BEFORE the game was put out?

Or is it often leaked?

There are no leaks just lies

Not the exact road by road map but they definitely had some type of 3d landmarks thing of Liberty City online prior to release. And the paper map got leaked a fortnight or so before release.

The GTA III pre-release website showed the entire map from an isometric view.

IV's map was accidentally shown in one of the trailers on one of the police boats. It wasn't entirely accurate, but it was there.

Yes, Rockstar was very secretive about IV's map, and it wasn't untill a week or so before the release that someone from the printworks leaked the map that came along with the game. But tt wasn't Rockstar who leaked it, it was printworkers.

But if i remember it correctly, they did actually show us the map of San Andreas, way before it was released.

Yes, Rockstar was very secretive about IV's map, and it wasn't untill a week or so before the release that someone from the printworks leaked the map that came along with the game. But tt wasn't Rockstar who leaked it, it was printworkers.

But if i remember it correctly, they did actually show us the map of San Andreas, way before it was released.

Yeah the San Andreas map was revealed in 3 pieces (LS, SF, LV) on the official site http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/ (use the flash version).

Yeah the San Andreas map was revealed in 3 pieces (LS, SF, LV) on the official site http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/ (use the flash version).

Yup, and the final portion of the map (Las Venturas) was accidently revealed early on the official (German) site, with its beta name "Las Venturra". tounge.gif

Sent from my ayePhone

Yup, and the final portion of the map (Las Venturas) was accidently revealed early on the official (German) site, with its beta name "Las Venturra". tounge.gif

I gotta ask. How does someone remember that?

I just want another trailer soon! I'd rather not have the map leaked 2 weeks before the game release because we will have the release date by then and it would be good and find out ourselves. I might just stay away from here a week or two before incase a leak does come out. That and stay away during my first play through.

There was a huge topic about it on this site. Other sites posted it too.

Rockstar said it was a "placeholder" and not the real map, but it was. They tried to get sites to remove it.

Sent from my ayePhone

First time we saw gta IV's map at IV's third trailer.

Discovered by a member of these very forums.

I can see them maybe making a gameplay series regarding the new Loss Santos and the way its changed in the past decade.

By actually being born when GTA SA was released, the average age on GTA forums seems to be around 12 years old.

By actually being born when GTA SA was released, the average age on GTA forums seems to be around 12 years old.

I'm 12 because I can't remember something that happened over 8 years ago?

zeppelincheetah

they never officially release a detailed map but the map outline is usually shown on the teaser site, so we'll probably see the outline as soon as the official site updates. I really liked how they gradually unlocked different parts of the map on the San Andreas site.

That is scary seeing as the minimum age rating for all GTAs is 11+ (ELSPA) for the Gameboy version of GTA, and most GTAs are 17+ (USA) or 18+ (most of the world).