Los Santos SA impact on LS in V

Hove Beach

I know R has stated that there are certain eras that the various GTA games fall under. Thus meaning for example that positively previous characters won't reappear, as far as Im concerned.

However, Los Santos will be remade in GTA V, since this LS is in a new era comparing to the LS in SA some people claim that they will not resemble one another at all. When I ask why they once again simply confirm that they are based in different eras and point out the fact that LC in GTA IV didnt mirror the original LC that was featured in GTA lll. From my point of view LC in GTA lll wasnt resembled in IV simply because R has made great progress since 2001 and the original Liberty City didnt resemble NY well enough which LC in IV undoubtly turned out to do very well.

So how much do you guys think The original Los Santos from San Andreas will be mirrored in the new version in GTA V?

Hydro_PlayboyX

i would like that LS in V to be almost the same as real life LA and i wouldn't like that LS in V to be very similar to SA's LS because i didn't like it so much

i would like that LS in V to be almost the same as real life LA and i wouldn't like that LS in V to be very similar to SA's LS because i didn't like it so much

I hear u, but we know for sure its gonna be bigger and then obviously quite different but do you think groove street and other characteristic SA landmarks will be remade or ignored?

Los Santos in GTA V will closer resemble the real life counter part in the same way Liberty City closer resembled New York in GTA IV compared to GTA III.

tenpennyisplainevil

when i look at the trailer i feel like i know the way already. i mean, i actually recognise the alleyway where the black dude flees: its the one next to the bridge, facing the Ganton Gym...

I'm sure it'll be much bigger and therefore different from the original LS, but if there's one thing that I feel is a must keep would be Ganton and Grove Street. The two names have become iconic to Los Santos for me, I'd be very disappointed if they were ignored.

Los Santos in GTA V will closer resemble the real life counter part in the same way Liberty City closer resembled New York in GTA IV compared to GTA III.

Yea but GTA lll is quite old, SA is about 6 years old and resembled Los Angeles a whole lot better than GTA lll's LC resemled New York City.

This topic is a bit confusing.

Of course GTA V will resemble Los Angeles, because that's what Los Santos is based off of. I think San Andreas portrayed it pretty good, so I think V will do a much better job!

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

Yea but GTA lll is quite old, SA is about 6 years old and resembled Los Angeles a whole lot better than GTA lll's LC resemled New York City.

Well then, GTA V will do an even better job, there's still a massive amount of stuff they missed out of San Andreas, for example, play L.A.Noire, check out the downtown district, it's like four times bigger and features more real life landmarks compared to San Andreas. GTA V will be along the same area as that, it will be a more real representation of LA compared to the one that was featured in San Andreas.

grope_4_that_date

I know R has stated that there are certain eras that the various GTA games fall under. Thus meaning for example that positively previous characters won't reappear, as far as Im concerned.

However, Los Santos will be remade in GTA V, since this LS is in a new era comparing to the LS in SA some people claim that they will not resemble one another at all. When I ask why they once again simply confirm that they are based in different eras and point out the fact that LC in GTA IV didnt mirror the original LC that was featured in GTA lll. From my point of view LC in GTA lll wasnt resembled in IV simply because R has made great progress since 2001 and the original Liberty City didnt resemble NY well enough which LC in IV undoubtly turned out to do very well.

So how much do you guys think The original Los Santos from San Andreas will be mirrored in the new version in GTA V?

It will be interesting. GTAIII's Liberty City was not New York. On the other hand, Los Santos in San Andreas was Los Angeles, even if it was the least geographically accurate. You knew exactly what it was trying to be. Therefore, it's going to be interesting, because Rockstar could play tribute to it's older counterpart.

Maybe I'm making things up, but didn't, at some point, someone in GTA IV mentioned that the city has been nearly rebuilt from 2001? It may have been the heli tours guy, but I can't quite remember.

iGrandTheftAuto

I think we will know what was where location wise. Looking at some buildings will bring back a lot of memories and maybe sites that were under construction will be finished.

user posted image

It will be interesting. GTAIII's Liberty City was not New York. On the other hand, Los Santos in San Andreas was Los Angeles, even if it was the least geographically accurate. You knew exactly what it was trying to be. Therefore, it's going to be interesting, because Rockstar could play tribute to it's older counterpart.

GTA lll's LC was indeed tryin to resemble NY however, loosely

Of course GTA V will resemble Los Angeles, because that's what Los Santos is based off of. I think San Andreas portrayed it pretty good, so I think V will do a much better job!

No what Im asking is basically how much LS from SA will be mirrored in LS i GTA V.

Will R* completely ignore gang locations, classic parts of the SA Los santoes such as groove street etc

I think that this new LS will resemble LA much more than SA's LA, and something like IV's LC, but better. I imagine that there will at least be some sort of reference to Grove Street, seeing how important it was in SA. However I doubt there will be too many other SA references. Maybe something referencing CJ, like a billboard. I also think it's possible that we'll see a few similar characters to SA characters, such as a character something like Toreno (who I thought was hilarious).

Already, we can see that R* was trying to really get an accurate resemblance of LA in GTA, without becoming a street by street copy. Hopefully, though, LS won't be quite as minimalistic as LC.

No what Im asking is basically how much LS from SA will be mirrored in LS i GTA V.

Will R* completely ignore gang locations, classic parts of the SA Los santoes such as groove street etc

Well, I'm sure the gang locations will be there. I mean, Compton is still around in real life... so why exclude it? But I do think gang activity will be very minimal compared to the 90's Los Santos version.

kSTG7.png

Buffalo Soldier

It'll resemble the '04 Los Santos alot more than people think to be honest, you can tell just by certain buildings in the trailer.

I only care if Grove Street is there to be honest, Los Santos wasn't even that interesting anyway - so I couldn't care how it looks, but if Grove Street isn't in it then I'll be pissed, I felt connected to that place.

It'd be like making a new Vice City and completely ignoring Vercetti Estate/Diaz' Mansion when it was the heart of the game.

It'll resemble the '04 Los Santos alot more than people think to be honest, you can tell just by certain buildings in the trailer.

I only care if Grove Street is there to be honest, Los Santos wasn't even that interesting anyway - so I couldn't care how it looks, but if Grove Street isn't in it then I'll be pissed, I felt connected to that place.

It'd be like making a new Vice City and completely ignoring Vercetti Estate/Diaz' Mansion when it was the heart of the game.

But this is a new era. So you better embrace this truth or be doomed for disappointment.

kSTG7.png

I saw a East Los Santos sign, so i`m sure it will have the gang land in the city.

Of course SA & V's Los Santos will have landmarks in common like the

Watts Towers, Venice Beach, City Hall, Rodeo Drive etc. These are Los Angeles landmarks.

Will we see Grove street, no I don't think so. Grove street is a Los Santos SA landmark. I can't recall a steet like that in Compton.

Maybe R* Makes a similar street in Los Santos V as an easter egg or something.

But what the hell do I know...

Just an educated guess.

Edit: Actually now I do recall a street in Compton that looks like Grove Street in Ganton. Its called East Cocoa Str. if I remember correctly.

Its been ages since I've been in that area but its right across the Compton Postal Office on Santa Fe Ave.

Edited by prodigalsunz

I saw a East Los Santos sign, so i`m sure it will have the gang land in the city.

Making a city based on L.A without including a parody of East LA would be like making a replica of New York and not having Manhattan. Just because East Los Santos is in it doesn't mean its the same Los Santos.

when i look at the trailer i feel like i know the way already. i mean, i actually recognise the alleyway where the black dude flees: its the one next to the bridge, facing the Ganton Gym...

How do you know ? The map is gonna be completely different from the old LS monocle.gif

How do you know ? The map is gonna be completely different from the old LS monocle.gif

Yeah, this isn\'t just an updated version of the original Los Santos. The map will look completely different from what we\'ve seen in GTA: San Andreas.

G1T

I'm quite sure there will be a few land marks from the old LS implemented in the new LS. From the trailer we can see that santa maria and muscle beach will be in the game, the observatory will be making a return and we also see that "East Los Santos" was in the trailer from the sign in the freeway, and needless to say that Vinewood is also in the game. They briefly mentioned the Jefferson Motel in GTA IV so I'm sure we will see that too, (and in the trailer where the black guy is running from the cops it also looks like it might be by the Jefferson motel) assuming that V will be in IV's universe. there is a few other similarities from what we know so far, so i can confidently say that there will be some parallels. Weather or not Grove St. will be in, we wont know till we get our hands on the game, but I'm hopeful smile.gif

I'm not a San Andreas fan boy in any way, but I would love to see landmarks and familiar places. I think they should have a grove street even if it's not significant to the storyline.

Obviously gta IV couldn't really include gta III landmarks due to how vastly different the city had to be (except for mr wongs laundromat), doing so would have compromised the realism they were working for.

Gta SA did far better job with LS, so obviously landmarks will carry over, and hopefully some places we loved from gta SA will too. I don't think including the likes of grove street, ganton gym etc. will compromise the realism of the new Los santos at all.

Someone can yell at me about the different era thing now smile.gif

GTA IV map was just the GTA III map turned upside down and tweaked. As you know the leones places was on the first island in III whilst in IV it was the abandoned house in alderney were the Sultan RS is found

GTA IV map was just the GTA III map turned upside down and tweaked. As you know the leones places was on the first island in III whilst in IV it was the abandoned house in alderney were the Sultan RS is found

I must be the only one that thinks that house looks nothing like Salvatore's.

kSTG7.png

Though III's Liberty wasn't too much like NYC it still had Times Square and Central Park. Yet in IV they still renamed them. So I wouldn't be surprised if no familiar names carry over from SA.

It will be similar to how they changed III era LC to IV era LC i'm hoping they remember this time that its a game and cut down a tad on the realism of the map in exchange for a map that's fun to traverse. Don't get me wrong IV era LC was beautiful to look at but it became very boring to drive around after a while, you could say the same for L.A in L.A.N god was it boring to drive through, never have I skipped so many trips in a open-world game. Here's hoping North learns from Bondi's mistakes.

Edited by Gregers08