RDR vs GTA IV

ryanhunter_rfc

ryanhunter_rfc

I have been thinking would you guys rather have the physics in GTA V to be like RDR or GTA IV? RDR's physics annoyed me because the gravity felt fake and you could never grab onto ledges that you could easily reach in GTA IV. Also you would die from heights that would'nt kill you in IV. I for one would like a hybrid between the two but what about you?

GTA IV physics all the way. I was deeply dissapointed by RDR's physics I don't know why it just didn't feel as amazing as GTA IV's.

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

Well if Jim Jagger ,the guy who made eight days but was canceled,is working with the animations then I think the physics should be really good for GTA V

RDR's physics felt fine to me. Slightly more realistic and was probably toned back a bit due to the old west, people werent as athletic back then, life wasnt like it is today.

GTA V will be somewhere in between - it'll feel faster, more streamlined.

I don't get what you mean with gravity - it never felt a problem to me, but i imagine GTA V will be improved on both RDR and IV.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

ryanhunter_rfc
RDR's physics felt fine to me. Slightly more realistic and was probably toned back a bit due to the old west, people werent as athletic back then, life wasnt like it is today.

I don't get what you mean with gravity - it never felt a problem to me, but i imagine GTA V will be improved on both RDR and IV.

Watch this.You fall too slowly for my liking, IV had it perfect IMO.

Max Payne 3 Physics. I mean, hey, why settle for an older version of Euphoria when we can take the latest version that's already coded to work with RAGE.

Any falling, ragdoll and collision physics - GTA IV

Gunshot wound/injury mechanics - RDR

Ragdoll, wound/injury fall into euphoria together. RDR's euphoria was newer and superior to IV's, which at it's time felt alright but feels sh*t when RDR released.

And just like RDR showed the improvement there, it looks like MP3 does to RDR as well, from what I've seen in the videos so far, just as it should anyway.

Hopefully V would be yet another step up, although I wouldn't mind if it's the same as MP3 since it already looks very good to me.

G1T

RDR's physics matched the tone of the game perfectly. Same goes for GTA IV. GTA V will probably have something that is tweaked to match the feel of the game.

The physics in RDR are retarded. I hate them.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Gtaplayaminigun

I haven't played RDR but max payne 3's physics look pretty good to me. I'll be happy if that's how V's are gonna be.

Offtopic: Whenever I see ZEE's name in the 'last post by' spot, I definitely click on that thread as his replies give me a great comic relief in stressful periods lol.

Nearly everything was amazing about RDR's physics, except, like people have stated before in this thread, falling off cliffs and etc. was extremely slow. It looks so fake the way they fall. If Rockstar just tweaks that a little, I'd settle on the physics from that game.

I gotta agree with this. The physics for knocking into people with the analog stick in RDR were sh*t. I'd be pushing against a guy for 30 seconds, but he can't go ragdoll until he completes an animation where he drops and stomps his cigarette first. Not only that, but the people recover from falls way too fast. And they can recover while I'm pushing them. How does that make sense? If someone was pushing you along the ground, would you have time to get up with all the movements of getting up while you're still moving and while he's still pushing you? Those physics made no sense. IV push physics should return here, except people should go into ragdoll faster if you start pushing them while they're in the "Injured" pose.

However, the gun shot and injury system for peds in RDR were great, so definitely get that into V.

I think RDR is deliberatley set at a slower pace - thigns are faster these days. That's my reasoning anyway. Both are different games and, though comparable, are still different.

The physics in RDR are retarded. I hate them.

, man is there ANYTHING you like? sad.gif

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

grope_4_that_date

I can't wait to see the physics, especially when I'm holding my flamethrower.

RDR's is an improved version of IV's physics so I'd pick that but Max Payne 3 will be like version 3.0, that being the latest and greatest revision of Euphoria you better believe I want those physics.

G1T

Exactly this.

Edit: EXACTLY this.

Max Payne 3 Physics. I mean, hey, why settle for an older version of Euphoria when we can take the latest version that's already coded to work with RAGE.

this^^ i rather have somthing newer.

Edited by ste11

Stoic Intrusion

The physics of RDR are superior to the physics of IV in every way! but R* can still improve it a lot.

The falling injuries in RDR were not nearly as good as GTAIV, because in GTAIV every impact caused damage, and head impacts were especially harmful, but in RDR damage was just measured by how far you fell, so if you fall off a cliff and your foot grazes a ledge you die, the damage engine is to simple in regards to falling. On the other hand, in GTAIV people are to bouncy when you hit them with a car or when you bail out of a moving vehicle you and NPC's bounce of surfaces to much, in RDR I think the soft body dynamics were improved so people didn't bounce so much.

I think RDR is deliberatley set at a slower pace - thigns are faster these days. That's my reasoning anyway. Both are different games and, though comparable, are still different.

Wait, what? Did you just say that people fell slower back in those days?