vertical limit

Battlefield 4

iiConTr0v3rSYx

PS4 ver crashes occasionally, it's a game issue, not a PS4 issue

Who is that in your avatar?

WWE's Divas champion AJ Lee.

GunWrath

Update:

3rd freeze for the night.. anyone get random freezes too during gameplay? Just had to restart my console again ffs. I read up and tried to research on Battlelog forums but haven't found any results.. Guess EA has still got sh*t f*cked up

What platform are you playing on? As far as I'm aware, all platforms still have crashing problems. I believe the recent 360 patch was meant to fix some of them though.

I'm on the Xbox One, so the new patch couldn't come soon enough!

I'm currently playing it on 360, and I read their release notes, the patch only fixed the crashing issues during loading (black screen with load icon). Nothing was mentioned about actual game freezing though nearly everyone is having it happen it seems atleast from what I've read over at Battlelog forums. I purchased Premium today as well and noticed that it's a Double XP event going on, 2days.. but I go to the test range to test out a new weapon I unlocked, works fine, join in on a MP game, not 5secs in, game freeze. Greatttt, swallow my pride and restart my console and back to BF4 I go, finish a round, no issues.. next map loads, I finally get killed about 5mins in, another freeze.

Seems I've wasted my money on Premium for the short haul until they find a fix. Guess I'll go back to AC: Black Flag or something until another patch is released.

Mr. House

Thanks bro

thumbs-up-2.jpg

Badass Big J

Thanks bro

thumbs-up-2.jpg

that girl got ass

http://i.imgur.com/VrdbM.gif

GunWrath

that's actually no ass..

so about the crashes and freezes, I read around and it seems that it only relates to Conquest mode for some odd reason, so I was like eh, reckon I'll try RUSH then.. I played about 7-8 rounds of Rush back to back with no issues. It felt good to finally play BF4 like that..

Mr. House

that's actually no ass..

so about the crashes and freezes, I read around and it seems that it only relates to Conquest mode for some odd reason, so I was like eh, reckon I'll try RUSH then.. I played about 7-8 rounds of Rush back to back with no issues. It felt good to finally play BF4 like that..

You're right man, there's only one ass in this topic ;)

Badass Big J

that's actually no ass..

how fkin dare u

lt_yao

FAMAS feels really OP. I got 32 kills in 1 match just by spray and pray tactic. Had very few deaths too, like 6 or 8.

This weapon just doesn't care, it's like has bullets with tracking mode.

Daz

So I bought BF4 with China Rising included, 2 more weeks until I can actually play this, f*ck that Premium crap. They have been doing this elite crap segregation for way too long.

I agree, I really want the DLC now, but it seems beyond stupid to pay for premium just to get it early, when the price of it matches the entire base game. DLC should never and I mean NEVER equal the same price as the game itself, either make the game free and make us pay for it, or tell us what the entire product is and what the price for all of it is. If the game shipped as £80 barely anyone would go for that, especially at the state it is in now.

The game feels not only unfinished but I KNOW they already have had the DLC packs finished for a while, at least the first two, and in my eyes that is time they should have been spending on the core game, instead we essentially have a large amount of the game held hostage to us, AND we can't even get it on time despite preordering their god damn game. It is beyond a scam, it feels like f*cking robbery. But I still want the thing because I know I could just be playing China Rising right the f*ck now.

I don't think you even save money with premium now, if we are going to get China Rising for free, that would mean the last 4 DLC packs would have to be priced at £10 to even break even.

Why should I bother giving them all my money now when I don't even know what state the game will be in down the line, and I may prefer to switch console, and I refuse to spend £160 just to own and play one Battlefield game.

I am so tempted to just get the sh*t and play it, but I have to restrain myself. Even if I have enough money to throw away, I don't want them thinking they got it out of me, or that any of this was a good idea.

Remember back when we got DLC map packs for FREE, and they weren't flogged as "DLC" that we are getting from a preorder. That is essentially just saying "Preorder now to get given a patch at some point that gives you what should have been in the game on day 1"

Edited by Daz

esmittystud101

I have some news that might make you guys feel a little better about the DLC. China Rising maps are so buggy right now, they are unplayable atleast for me. It seems like all they are worried about is some stupid "one hit kill bug" that will be in the next patch, atleast for Xbox One. The way I see it, guys are dying from it, but have they ever stopped to think that they get mad kills with it as well. I would have atleast waited to fix this issue and fixed the things that actually mattered.

For example, all the China Rising maps are buggy. Atleast the sound aspect of them. The sound bounces in and out constantly. Very bothersome. They are the only maps to do so. I have no issues on any other map. To be perfectly honest, this has been my only issue with BF4 on Xbox One. They are unplayable right now because of the sound issue.

Just fix the sound on China Rising. I mean comon, sound issues? Are they for real? Oh yeah, Team Deathmatch would be nice for the Second Assult maps as well. I miss Team Deathmatch on Operation Metro.

Edited by esmittystud101

esmittystud101

Just looked at BF4 website and still no date for the Xbox One update. Oh joy.

GunWrath

So I bought BF4 with China Rising included, 2 more weeks until I can actually play this, f*ck that Premium crap. They have been doing this elite crap segregation for way too long.

I agree, I really want the DLC now, but it seems beyond stupid to pay for premium just to get it early, when the price of it matches the entire base game. DLC should never and I mean NEVER equal the same price as the game itself, either make the game free and make us pay for it, or tell us what the entire product is and what the price for all of it is. If the game shipped as £80 barely anyone would go for that, especially at the state it is in now.

The game feels not only unfinished but I KNOW they already have had the DLC packs finished for a while, at least the first two, and in my eyes that is time they should have been spending on the core game, instead we essentially have a large amount of the game held hostage to us, AND we can't even get it on time despite preordering their god damn game. It is beyond a scam, it feels like f*cking robbery. But I still want the thing because I know I could just be playing China Rising right the f*ck now.

I don't think you even save money with premium now, if we are going to get China Rising for free, that would mean the last 4 DLC packs would have to be priced at £10 to even break even.

Why should I bother giving them all my money now when I don't even know what state the game will be in down the line, and I may prefer to switch console, and I refuse to spend £160 just to own and play one Battlefield game.

I am so tempted to just get the sh*t and play it, but I have to restrain myself. Even if I have enough money to throw away, I don't want them thinking they got it out of me, or that any of this was a good idea.

Remember back when we got DLC map packs for FREE, and they weren't flogged as "DLC" that we are getting from a preorder. That is essentially just saying "Preorder now to get given a patch at some point that gives you what should have been in the game on day 1"

Premium is worth the cost, you're paying for all the DLC up front. That's 5 Expansion Packs, not to mention new modes and weapons that come with the packs. Though they aren't always the best.. it's still cheaper. $10 a pack basically and you get other exclusive content, such as Strategy Guides and all that sh*t (that I never look at anyways).. $50 seems fair to me atleast.

I went ahead and purchased Premium so later down the line once DICE/EA finally fix their bullsh*t, I can enjoy the game and just await DLC.

Anyways, since I haven't been playing Conquest anymore, I haven't had the first freeze.. though I notice if I still choose to use Quick Match that it takes quite a bit of time to enter a map, as it's on the black screen of infinite.. but eventually, it loads up. I'm just confused with the Server Browser, I'll set all my filters for certain content, such as 1-15 slots open, 5-10 slots open, etc but still, it only loads servers which read full 24/24, then when I hop in one, it's actually empty, lol.. so I guess they are still dealing with issues.. imagine that.

I've also read in GameInformer where they rated BF4 8.75 but players still experience errors and bugs, how much were they paid to post that rating? Because Campaign certainly isn't worth 8.75 and the MP has been f*cked up since Day 1.. though the MP is still better than COD I must say..

Edited by GunWrath

Daz

The problem is I am already getting one of those for free so I would be paying £39.99 for only 4 DLC's, also there is the fact that I will no doubt have a PS4 before march so I will want to convert, but they don't allow that from xbox to playstation.

Because they are c*nts.

esmittystud101

Does anyone know if over the weekend, the message on the BF main menu page did anything? It talked about upgrading servers, which to me, means all platforms. But not sure what it did. I did play one China Rising map last night on Rush and the sound was perfect. No breakups at all. Didn't want to get my hopes up though, atleast the sound bug on China Rising.

Wana know the funny part about the whole thing though? I have never had one issue on team deathmatch, ever, on any map. It runs like a rapped ape. Thats pretty much all I'm playing right now till everything is fixed. Especially the lost campain progression, which I don't care to do it again. I've atleast done that first mission atleast four times now. Getting ready to move to COD soon though if they don't get on it. Please, don't force me into playing COD. Yuck. (Okay, its not that bad)

B Dawg

Stop your bitching and stop even considering to buy any DLC.

Sorry :p

esmittystud101

I hear ya bud, if everyone would quit buying DLC I would jump so hard to that band wagon. But its never going to happen. They know how much extra money they can make with DLC so I can't see them changing it.

RoadRunner71

I hear ya bud, if everyone would quit buying DLC I would jump so hard to that band wagon. But its never going to happen. They know how much extra money they can make with DLC so I can't see them changing it.

I've gone further and I haven't even bought the game. It's been a month since they released the game and they have already released 2 DLC which, in that time, could (and should) have been included in the main release. I've said it before and I will repeat it: I won't buy an incomplete product.

esmittystud101

I've gone further and I haven't even bought the game. It's been a month since they released the game and they have already released 2 DLC which, in that time, could (and should) have been included in the main release. I've said it before and I will repeat it: I won't buy an incomplete product.

I give you props for standing your ground. But when you only play COD and Battlefield, I'm kinda at a stand still. I made an exception and bought Dead Rising 3, but haven't played it much until more guys get into it. I did buy GTAV, played it for a while until the next gens came out. Watch Dogs on the "deep horizon" hopfully.

GunWrath

The problem is I am already getting one of those for free so I would be paying £39.99 for only 4 DLC's, also there is the fact that I will no doubt have a PS4 before march so I will want to convert, but they don't allow that from xbox to playstation.

Because they are c*nts.

Ah, yeah.

I'm still undecided but I think I'll be going PS4 first as well.. so I'll be in the same hole. But I'm holding out until Watch Dogs or Division is released, so BF4 won't mean sh*t then.

esmittystud101

Anyone got any suggestions on some good Defuse maps? I played some Silk Road on Defuse last night, it was pretty good. First time I ever played that game mode.

Hodgey.

I finally played the Battlefield series online for the first time today and even though I am still learning the game as since CoD: BO was released I have stuck to the CoD series, so the controls and gameplay are quite a bit different but very enjoyable. But I love Battlefield MP so far as there just seems so much to do and to gain from playing unlike what CoD has.

So if anyone wants to play with us then send us a Friend invite my PSN is Hodgey1989 (Im on the PS4)

esmittystud101

I finally played the Battlefield series online for the first time today and even though I am still learning the game as since CoD: BO was released I have stuck to the CoD series, so the controls and gameplay are quite a bit different but very enjoyable. But I love Battlefield MP so far as there just seems so much to do and to gain from playing unlike what CoD has.

So if anyone wants to play with us then send us a Friend invite my PSN is Hodgey1989 (Im on the PS4)

Glad to here you joined the BF crew. Cod and BF really are two very different games. The hard part is when you take one out and go straight to the other. They finally rolled out the Xbox One update today. Bad part about it was when I started reading the update notes, the first line says "We are rolling out a new game update on Xbox One, and are already working on the next update based on your feedback." So not sure how reliable it will be.

I do like the difference between the two games though. Pretty much to me the only thing that makes Cod unique is the killstreaks. Plain and simple. BF on the other hand has vehicles, huge maps, when you play different game modes on the same map, the map changes in a unique way.

I wish my friends could handle BF though. They are all tards' that can't handle it. They are pretty much Cod only players thats too dumb to manage larger maps. They give me excuses like "I keep getting sniped", or " I don't know where anything is located on the map because of the size of them." Too dumb to know that if we are in the same squad, they can spawn off me. Yep, they are dumb as sh*t. I tell them everyday too. LOL

GunWrath

I f*cking played Obliteration mode last night.. NOICE! Racked up some excellent kills and points. But since the constant freezing and such during Conquest, I've been mainly playing Rush, Obliteration and TDM. I've yet to freeze up since quitting CQ (until it's fixed anyways).. I do miss it though!

I'm finally getting adapted to the game after my long vacation from BF3, I'm able to go positive and end up in the Top 5 90% of the time now. Starting to enjoy it finally.. just hope they fix the issues so I can return to my beloved CQ.

Daz

I have a question.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the scoring at the end of the round not counting for sh*t? I have noticed previously that once you have maxed out the scoring on a specific weapon type or kit, for example I have grenades and pistols maxed out, at the end of the round it shows that I get f*ck all points for them, which I understand. What I don't get is why does my overall score not increase when it does with other things when I level them up?

Am I just not getting any points whatsoever when I get score with these weapon types or what? It is kind of f*cking moronic that there are no service stars for maxing out these types over and over, it is just wasted score. It seems like it takes f*cking ages to level up or do anything when this is the case.

esmittystud101

I have a question.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the scoring at the end of the round not counting for sh*t? I have noticed previously that once you have maxed out the scoring on a specific weapon type or kit, for example I have grenades and pistols maxed out, at the end of the round it shows that I get f*ck all points for them, which I understand. What I don't get is why does my overall score not increase when it does with other things when I level them up?

Am I just not getting any points whatsoever when I get score with these weapon types or what? It is kind of f*cking moronic that there are no service stars for maxing out these types over and over, it is just wasted score. It seems like it takes f*cking ages to level up or do anything when this is the case.

I have noticed the same thing. For example: I have maxed out assult riffles. You can still get points for getting kills and earning points., but for the assult weapons itself you do not get any more points. I have noticed though, you can still get battlepacks for that weapon. So even though I'm maxed out my assult riffles, I can still get battlepacks for lets say M416 by just getting kills. You also still get points for the Assult Class overall, just not assult riffles.

I have seen weird stuff with the points after you finish a round though. Example: I am level 16, play a match, finish the round, on the after round summary it shows that I am now level 17. Okay, I start another round not noticing what level I am. I go back to level 16 sometimes. Its like my match didn't even count. You know when you hit a new level. I just saw that I became 17 the match before. Don't know what happens. I leave and come back later (hours later). It seems to have worked itself out somehow. Because all my stats are right.

I will say this too. The official BF4 Battlelog, (the ones thats in game) is slow. Like you will finish a match and like it hasen't even registered yet by the time you get back to main menu. I do have a good alternate though. It is called BF4 Stats Premium made by Bjorn CS on the Android market (not sure if they have apple or not) They have a free version if you choose, but it is so good of an app I paid to make a donation to there cause. I compared the two apps. BF4 Stats is right in as soon as the match is over, Battlelog is not. I tried to get on the Battlelog through there app on my phone. I have not been able to login one time yet. It has never worked for me. First it said I haven't carried over any of my BF3 stats yet, (not sure how even). Then weeks later it just says failed login try again later. On BF4 Stats Premium all you have to do is enter your gamertag and select console, your right in everytime and it saves it. You can even look up your buddies and it will let you save theres.

I might try to login through QR code option tonight on Battlelog. Not like I need it though. BF4 Stats gets me through the workday quite nicley. But as for the whole not carry over points after a match. It might be a Battlelog issue.

Edited by esmittystud101

Daz

Exactly, it seems that any points you have earned with any weapons or kits must still count but if you hadn't of maxed that specific thing you would have gotten double the points. To me this seems cheap as sh*t. It takes f*cking ages to level up now and I am constantly using 50% xp boosts. That double XP weekend spoilt us all.

As for the rank thing, I have been told and it seems to be true that if you level up at the end of a round off the points awarded from your ribbons, it does not count. I can confirm that, however I canno't confirm if you even keep any of the points you get from ribbons at all, so who knows at this point.

All I know is that I am losing points that should be mine and if there were service stars for maxed kits and weapon types at least I could be getting the score I was getting originally.

I have maxed everything except sniper rifles and DMR's, so I figure I may as well just play sniper pussy for a while just to get some extra overall points.

GunWrath

Are you on Xbox or PS3, Daz? I'm on 360, Add me, perhaps we can help each other. Just let me know it's you if you are Xbox so I can refuse the 9mil requests I get from this post.

GT: GunWrath

Edited by GunWrath

esmittystud101

So last night I was playing team dealth match on Paracel Storm. I went about half way through the match, the storm just set in, when I started to rubber band. Just my character was doing so I think. I was just going to quit but I relized when the other teams players saw me it kind of made them stand in place and give a "WTF" reaction. I tore them up until someone finally got me. Not sure what I looked like on there screen, it must have been pretty out of the ordinary. I went over twenty kills on the match. When a I spawned back in, the rubber banding stopped.

Edited by esmittystud101

VCRules86

Anybody still having trouble with freezing on the PS3? Last two times I've played I was in the middle of an awesome match performance only for the game to freeze.

esmittystud101

Single Player Campain is now saving correctly for me on Xbox One. I even tried to mess it up and couldn't do so by quitting at certain times, switching from MP to SP, stuff like that.

Still trying to get the Ace 23. I have 35/50 Medkit Ribbons, 195/200 kills w/ any assult riffle, and 10/10 assault riffle ribbons.....almost there. Squad Deathmatch or Rush when your in a packed squad team, makes it a little easier. Really, reviving someone than hurrying up and throwing down a medkit works the best I have found out.

Are there any guns that people are having trouble obtaining through assignments? Just wondering if should get started on some harder ones to obtain.