3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

vertical limit

Battlefield 4

RedDagger

Also has anyone got any word why the flying monkey f*ck there isnt a party system/squad lobby in the game?

It seems to baffle the mind that a game released in 2013 does not have any form of matchmaking, did they run out of money? Did the person who was supposed to be making that part of the game hang themself with an ethernet cable? What the f*ck is the deal here?

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1pj9yh/no_party_system_in_bf4/cd2xjkp

This guy's an employee of DICE, their response is pretty sh*t.

TL;DR: they didn't add the party system because they felt they didn't need it, and they're really insistent on not adding it.

Oh, and further down they pretty much said they didn't add create-a-class outside of playing on the battlefield because you should do it on battlelog.

Yup.

(remember the thread's a month old, hope their tune's changed)

esmittystud101

Anyone else losing there campain progress? On any console or pc

lt_yao

Haven't even bothered with the campaign. Didn't do that on BF3 either, it's just another corridor shooter with nothing innovating which would interest me.

I remember though that when I did try the BF3 campaign the save progress disappeared after a while. That's cloud storage for you, the future is here and it stinks.

Edited by lt_yao

Pat

Haven't even bothered with the campaign. Didn't do that on BF3 either, it's just another corridor shooter with nothing innovating which would interest me.

It's a bit of a chore to get through but getting the M249 in multiplayer is worth it.

lt_yao

It's a bit of a chore to get through but getting the M249 in multiplayer is worth it.

I hardly ever play support. However, now that I can use carbines as a support that might change. Though machine guns I don't like, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The taste of disappointment. Can't put a finger on it why though.

Remix

Really enjoying the game at the moment. I'm playing on Xbox One and we have our own set of problems outside of the PC version. DICE really have their work cut out for them before this game is polished! Here's to hoping the new DLC is good!

AJ Lee

Love the online on PS4, only problem is the occasional crash and I lost my single player progress..doesn't bother me since I finished it but still sh*t

Daz

I can't stress this enough, I was just f*cking around with it before I had anything else unlocked in the early days of multiplayer, ended up getting 350 kills with it in less than 3 hours, it rapes so hard, tapping the trigger at range and you can pretty much hit anyone given enough shots, and you have 200 of them, easily one of the easiest weapons to get kills with in the game. The 412 REX is great as well, much better than the .44, 2 shot kills on it mostly all of the time, I used it through the entire of the campaign as well as multiplayer.

Really don't know what to do about premium right now, I want the DLC now, but I feel like an idiot to spend that much money, practically another game, just for DLC, and I no doubt will be on PS4 by the time all of their DLC has been released so it seems like a waste.

As for the no party system, what the f*ck is wrong with them? How can you not need it when you have 4 people and want to just easily let the game sort out all the work for you, if they don't ever plan on putting it in the game I may just boycott the whole game altogether.

lt_yao

I can't stress this enough, I was just f*cking around with it before I had anything else unlocked in the early days of multiplayer, ended up getting 350 kills with it in less than 3 hours, it rapes so hard, tapping the trigger at range and you can pretty much hit anyone given enough shots, and you have 200 of them, easily one of the easiest weapons to get kills with in the game. The 412 REX is great as well, much better than the .44, 2 shot kills on it mostly all of the time, I used it through the entire of the campaign as well as multiplayer.

Really don't know what to do about premium right now, I want the DLC now, but I feel like an idiot to spend that much money, practically another game, just for DLC, and I no doubt will be on PS4 by the time all of their DLC has been released so it seems like a waste.

As for the no party system, what the f*ck is wrong with them? How can you not need it when you have 4 people and want to just easily let the game sort out all the work for you, if they don't ever plan on putting it in the game I may just boycott the whole game altogether.

I just pick the DLC I prefer really. Just like with BF3, didn't buy everything, since not every DLC had the relevant guns or interesting maps.

Plus I feel it's cheaper that way in the long run, since I am not made of money, I just buy the expansions whenever I have to means to do so, I get them cheaper too.

Edited by lt_yao

Pat

The problem I had with BF3 is that by the time all of the DLC packs were out, I found it very difficult to find decent US servers that didn't require Premium. I plan on buying it for BF4, but I'm going to wait a while first, mostly because the China Rising maps just really don't interest me at all. The only one that looks any good is the one that's based on desert terrain, the rest look pretty sh*tty to be honest.

UtricularEwe001

ROFL

mEkCa1u.jpg

In other news, DICE is not moving on to future projects or expansions until BF4 is fixed.

bread

^ Haha, oh lord. I wonder how bad the taste was in his mouth when he got kicked. :lol:

Nah but seriously, the lack of a party system f*cking stinks. Someone should start a petition or something and show it off at DICE. A video game that allows you to play on maps with up to 64 people but yet, disallows you to setup a squad with you and your friends right from the get-go? Pathetic.

Edited by Mockage

Daz

It is not so much about the money, (even though the pricing is f*cking insane) it is mostly about getting the map packs early, (Such a f*cking scam), when you play a game alone it doesn't matter all that much but when half your friends have the maps and half don't it is a pain in the knob.

The BF3 DLC's all offered something decent, I was very disappointed that the worst pack of all was the only one that included new weapons, Back to karkand was free, Close quarters had the awesome weapons, armoured kill had some good maps, and the last two packs were easily the best with the best maps of the entire game. So it wasn't even possible to just pick one or two.

I just don't want to feel like a f*cking idiot when I give them a massive chunk of money for what could possibly be some seriously sh*te maps and weapons, (if current maps are anything to go by). Besides, they are racist towards converting from xbox to playstation, so I won't even be able to let the premium carry over let alone my stats or anything else. I would be happy to buy the game over again if they let me keep those two things.

As for the no matchmaking, it is becoming very f*cking annoying, how can they not think it is needed? Maybe not so much on 64 player maps but on the 360 there is f*cking rarely any spaces when you join in, it has no autobalance and there is NO f*ckING QUEUE into servers.

It is a pain in the ass playing with other people, why the f*ck can they not fix that before anything else?

Also, that UAV thing being able to fly the UAV plane into enemies and insta-kill them is beyond a gamebreaking glitch, way worse than the MAV whoring from BF3.

lt_yao

I wasn't aware that you could pilot a UAV?

B Dawg

I wasn't aware that you could pilot a UAV?

You throw little paper-like planes, use them to spot and even kill if you want to :lol:

Daz

If you haven't already seen:

What a major f*ckup.

lt_yao

That video gave me a nervous twitching.

So I bought BF4 with China Rising included, 2 more weeks until I can actually play this, f*ck that Premium crap. They have been doing this elite crap segregation for way too long.

VCRules86

Does anybody here use BF4Stats.com to check their numbers? If so has anybody else had an issue where the stats on the actual game don't match up with the ones on the site? My time played has a couple hours gap on the game and my SPM is 500 on the game's main menu but the website has it at just over 350.

am I the only one or have other people had discrepancies with their statistics from the game to the site?

karaokequeen3

BF4 on the PS4 is simultaneously the best and worst game that I've played this year. When it work, it's brilliant, but when it doesn't work, it's plain infuriating, filled with bugs and glitches.

Strange decisions such as shifting the loadout amendment outside of a current game to Battlelog grate as well.

Should have called it Betafield 4.

Menaced

Does anybody here use BF4Stats.com to check their numbers? If so has anybody else had an issue where the stats on the actual game don't match up with the ones on the site? My time played has a couple hours gap on the game and my SPM is 500 on the game's main menu but the website has it at just over 350.

am I the only one or have other people had discrepancies with their statistics from the game to the site?

I haven't used BF4stats.com but I have used BF3stats.com, which I believe is run by the same people and uses a similar design. From what I can remember, to have your stats synchronized with the ones in-game, you have to press on an "Update" button. Even after pressing the update button, it can take a while for the stats to actually synchronize. It is one of the reasons why I switched to Battlelog. Battlelog is a whole lot better; it updates in pretty much real-time.

If you haven't already seen:

What a major f*ckup.

Just what the actual f*ck? I sincerely hope DICE puts an end to that bullsh*t, otherwise they're a bunch of f*ckwits.

esmittystud101

I just got done checking mine. I'm on Xbox One. I do have the paid version of BF4Stats. I played about 12 hours ago. My stats are right on the money. From time played to SPM, K/D,kills, deaths. Don't know if you have the paid version of the app though, i'm assuming you do. Not sure if there is a timeframe gap or not. Love the BF4Stats though. I had it for Battlefield 3. It just gives me company when i'm at work all day. LOL

BuyMeTheMoon

Is there any way to join a "lobby-party"/squad like in COD games, without doing it through the website/app? I try to join friends but we end up on different teams. I try to invite them to lobbies but suddenly they are full, and two open spots on the enemy team and so on. Is there a simple way to do this?

esmittystud101

Is there any way to join a "lobby-party"/squad like in COD games, without doing it through the website/app? I try to join friends but we end up on different teams. I try to invite them to lobbies but suddenly they are full, and two open spots on the enemy team and so on. Is there a simple way to do this?

Wondering the same thing?

Edited by esmittystud101

GunWrath

Crashes.. every now and then get stuck on a black screen and the other night, my entire console froze twice mid-game. Not to mention my first go at multi and I had to restart my console due to my first freeze, restart BF4, lost my multiplayer progress. Had to go through 10 Ranks again.

But when it does work, it has it's moments of ups and downs.. definitely seemed easier to play alone in BF3 than BF4.. not sure about framerate on 360 but bullet lag tends to be f*cking horrible. Hope they have some fixes soon.

gnad

Wow, mine is running fine, no problems at all. 2 Hours of gameplay, PS4.

GunWrath

Anyone have any patch notes for this update I just installed? Update #3 I believe.

GunWrath

Update:

3rd freeze for the night.. anyone get random freezes too during gameplay? Just had to restart my console again ffs. I read up and tried to research on Battlelog forums but haven't found any results.. Guess EA has still got sh*t f*cked up

Remix

Update:

3rd freeze for the night.. anyone get random freezes too during gameplay? Just had to restart my console again ffs. I read up and tried to research on Battlelog forums but haven't found any results.. Guess EA has still got sh*t f*cked up

What platform are you playing on? As far as I'm aware, all platforms still have crashing problems. I believe the recent 360 patch was meant to fix some of them though.

I'm on the Xbox One, so the new patch couldn't come soon enough!

AJ Lee

PS4 ver crashes occasionally, it's a game issue, not a PS4 issue

Mr. House

PS4 ver crashes occasionally, it's a game issue, not a PS4 issue

Who is that in your avatar?