2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

vertical limit

Battlefield 4

fireguy109

TDM on Dawnbreaker is f*cking insane, man. I dropped 23 kills in a match today - more impressive when you consider I went on a 5-straight deathstreak (they started camping) and wasted like 4 minutes. The PP-2000 is a beast.

Edited by fireguy109

Johan

Played the game for the first time today and all I have to say is that in the first match I ran into some glitch where I couldn't get inside a semi-destroyed building for some odd reason, I tried jumping inside of it and everything but the game was acting like I was twice as big as the huge building, even saw an enemy on the 2nd floor while I was standing on the first floor because I literally saw his legs halfway down the ceiling, apart from that glitch I also noticed that the hit detection has issues, 90% of the time that I'm shooting someone I have no hitmarkers at all and they drop instantly, almost like if I'm shooting at nothing but the air and getting a kill for it, feels weird.. not to mention at times it feels like I'm getting kills when I shouldn't be getting them, I.E, someone shoots at me first and it feels like I died but they somehow die 2 seconds after I'm down by my own bullet and it's usually a 1 shot kill without hitting them in the skull.

All of that aside I am really enjoying it except a few terrible maps, considering getting Premium soon. This game isn't as great as Battlefield 3 so far honestly, hopefully my opinions are changed by the beginning of next year.

JonnyVercetti

The maps have got old very quickly too, only played 11 hours worth. Gonna have to get premium, but will wait until next gen for that.

Quackerz Gamerz

The maps have got old very quickly too, only played 11 hours worth. Gonna have to get premium, but will wait until next gen for that.

I have to agree that the maps are getting pretty old, I'm just hoping the maps with the expansions will last a bit longer. I recently bought Premium, really only because it carries over to next-gen, so I don't have to pay another £40 once I get BF4 for Xbox One.

Cosmic Gypsy

How many maps are there in the standard release?

UtricularEwe001

^10 Maps

DICE QA Tester alleges That EA Shortcut BF4 QA process to beat GHOST.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/ea-pushed-battlefield-4-to-release-before-call-of-duty-qa-testers-were-frustrated

Well EA, EPIC FAIL. Stop going after COD and release a finished product you greedy f*cks.

Oh well, maybe "Destiny" will beat COD!

EDIT: I couldn't have said it better!

BF4 Angryjoe rant

Edited by UtricularEwe001

Johan

I'll admit, in Battlefield 3 I had like 6 favorite maps in the Vanilla version. This time I can't name more than 3 off the bat that I enjoy.

Hopefully the expansions will be worth getting Premium

bread

^10 Maps

DICE QA Tester alleges That EA Shortcut BF4 QA process to beat GHOST.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/ea-pushed-battlefield-4-to-release-before-call-of-duty-qa-testers-were-frustrated

Well EA, EPIC FAIL. Stop going after COD and release a finished product you greedy f*cks.

Oh well, maybe "Destiny" will beat COD!

EDIT: I couldn't have said it better!

BF4 Angryjoe rant

For someone who hates Battlefield 4, you really have a lot of time to do research on the game.

And, the last time you came in here, you talked about how COD Ghosts sales beat BF4's and AC4 sales COMBINED. Now you're here again, making yet again another reference to COD: Ghosts, when in fact, none of us could give a sh*t about it. What a company does in terms of distributing the video game does not effect the core of the game itself, regardless of the bugs and errors plaguing it. Sales do not necessarily determine whether or not a video game is better, and thus does not effect the core of the game as well. Sure, COD Ghosts has garnered quite a lot of sales but speaking from a speculative point of view, it's because practically every year COD always sells good, and that's because people are either die-hard fans of the game or they wanna hop on the bandwagon (it's mostly the bandwagon part).

Battlefield 4 is a far more, immersed and advanced video game in almost every single aspect. The mechanics, the visuals, the emphasis of how teamwork plays an integral role in winning a game (whereas in COD the average dork want's to focus on getting trickshots and "360 nO ScOpEZ"), the weaponry and attachments, the vehicles, the maps, etc, outweigh COD Ghosts (and any COD for that matter) by tons.

Just because a game sells better doesn't mean the game is better. Just because a company rushes to distribute the game doesn't necessarily make the game bad (from a technical aspect though, obviously).

So if you're trying to prove BF4 is worse than COD, try harder, because you suck with the arguments you have now, and you have nothing better to do.

You bore me, m8.

edit- fixed a spelling mistake.

Edited by Mockage

UtricularEwe001

I am just wondering where did I say that battlefield is worse than COD. I dont even play COD. In fact my first and last COD was MW2. (Check my gamer tag/PSN if you want).

After I started playing BC2, I immediately fell in love with the battlefield franchise.

I am just sick of EA pushing DICE to release an unfinished product. I really love DICE but I f*cking hate EA. You can't deny the fact that this a mess of a game (bugs, crashes, server issues). People need to stop buying an unfinished product.

Everything I posted, in this thread (and other threads), I post with sources. I don't post It (Tales from) my ass like many other people do.

And did you even watch the video.

Oh,and BTW all of things, I post in any thread is constructive criticism too, I don't/won't say your game/product suck balls.

Edited by UtricularEwe001

Daz

What moron thought it would be a good idea to not include a time limit to the Obliteration game mode.

Me and papanesta had to endure a painful 88 minute game in the prison after a bunch of lvl 100 pricks were grabbing the bomb and glitching onto these balconies in the main room and refused to be killed and the bomb would not reset either.

By the end of the round, it felt like I was actually released from prison.

Worst match I have played in a long time. What a load of bullsh*t.

Edited by Daz

RoadRunner71

How can there be already people with lvl100? I remember that in BF3 I didn't even got to the lvl80 after playing more than a year (and I used to do quite a lot points per match)...

RoadRunner71

How can there be already people with lvl100? I remember that in BF3 I didn't even got to the lvl80 after playing more than a year (and I used to do quite a lot points per match)...

Oh HOW?! :-D hahahha that is too much for your limited brain function.

You use to collect points my dear...go ahead.

Says someone who is in a gaming forum...

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Kids and lowlifes who play non stop or are hacking. FPS games like BF and COD are broken.

bread

I am just wondering where did I say that battlefield is worse than COD. I dont even play COD. In fact my first and last COD was MW2. (Check my gamer tag/PSN if you want).

After I started playing BC2, I immediately fell in love with the battlefield franchise.

I am just sick of EA pushing DICE to release an unfinished product. I really love DICE but I f*cking hate EA. You can't deny the fact that this a mess of a game (bugs, crashes, server issues). People need to stop buying an unfinished product.

Everything I posted, in this thread (and other threads), I post with sources. I don't post It (Tales from) my ass like many other people do.

And did you even watch the video.

Oh,and BTW all of things, I post in any thread is constructive criticism too, I don't/won't say your game/product suck balls.

Apologies. For some reason I just had the perception you were posting all of this because you had a disliking towards Battlefield.

I do agree about EA though, they're sh*t. The worst company in America title was appropriately granted.

lt_yao

Man, the maps couldn't be more boring if they tried to make them boring. I never thought to say this, but BF3 released with a better set of maps. Perhaps I just don't like the setting..

Also, did someone notice how dull the weapons sound? In BF3 they felt like they had a kick and that "clink" sound when firing, oh god that was satisfying. Felt like a really painful and sharp bullet leaving the barrel. Now it's like a pea being shat out of the barrel rather, sounds so bloody dull.

iNero

Man, the maps couldn't be more boring if they tried to make them boring. I never thought to say this, but BF3 released with a better set of maps. Perhaps I just don't like the setting..

Also, did someone notice how dull the weapons sound? In BF3 they felt like they had a kick and that "clink" sound when firing, oh god that was satisfying. Felt like a really painful and sharp bullet leaving the barrel. Now it's like a pea being shat out of the barrel rather, sounds so bloody dull.

lol. you are the first one to say that the sounds are worse.

the sounds are way better than BF3. BF3 sounds were weak and didnt had that hard bang after every shot.

lt_yao

the sounds are way better than BF3. BF3 sounds were weak and didnt had that hard bang after every shot.

And BF4 sounds like all weapons are muffled, to me.

2mlg4u

any of cha niggas BF4 MCOM Boost on PS3?

if so pm me :D

lt_yao

Well, this game is growing on me, after I remembered to turn on the Warp Tapes, the game has been so much better. Only if the maps didn't suck that much.

Either way, anyone interested in throwing a game on PC sometime? In the implausible case that you are, here's my Origin ID: Yaodude.

Daz

The tower in Shanghai is a f*cking campers wet dream, though I now throw C4 into the elevator and hit the button and back out of it quickly, and send up a little present for the dickwads camping the doors. Got a double kill and felt pretty pleased with myself.

Now only if I could climb up the hatch and hide on top of the lift die hard style my life would be complete.

esmittystud101

The tower in Shanghai is a f*cking campers wet dream, though I now throw C4 into the elevator and hit the button and back out of it quickly, and send up a little present for the dickwads camping the doors. Got a double kill and felt pretty pleased with myself.

Now only if I could climb up the hatch and hide on top of the lift die hard style my life would be complete.

Fu*kin a man. Cool stuff. Can't wait for next gen so I can get this sh*t

Edited by esmittystud101

bread

What I always do is spawn on a squad mates heli, have him hover me over the tower and parachute onto the roof, in which I then rush up to the campers and knife them one by one.

That's just another way around it, and it's funny too.

Daz

I haven't played with many weapons, I have mostly just been using pistols non stop which I CAN say sound like utter dogsh*t.

At first I didn't notice it but when you unlock the 1911 and realize that it has the same firing sound as pretty much every other pistol, it does f*cking suck.

Nothing matches the BC2 1911 sound, and as for anything else, the Battlefield 2 G3 sound was like getting ear f*cked by God.

lt_yao

I haven't played with many weapons, I have mostly just been using pistols non stop which I CAN say sound like utter dogsh*t.

At first I didn't notice it but when you unlock the 1911 and realize that it has the same firing sound as pretty much every other pistol, it does f*cking suck.

Nothing matches the BC2 1911 sound, and as for anything else, the Battlefield 2 G3 sound was like getting ear f*cked by God.

The pistols sounded horrible in BF3 too. Like someone just slapping people on the face with a wet towel, really..

However, since I change the sound mode to War Tapes, I've been having a blast with the game, no pun intended.

If the maps weren't as bad though.

I'm one of those people that thought that BF3 maps had nothing wrong with them, the initial once that came with release. And I really enjoyed them up to this day, apart from Metro of course.

The BF4 maps though feel so weird, there are no places to even catch your breath, if so to say, enemies will be coming from every bloody side. There's no sense of security from at least one direction, because there always will be a dude who just flanked the whole army and came up from the side or behind.

And that sounds like a bad rape movie.

Daz

I was happy enough with the BF3 maps at launch, however, considering the huge amount of time I played them I was in desparate need in new maps and with new f*cking assets, not just reskinned sh*te, which is what BF4 seems mostly like, though a few levels have some cool unique structures.

The Aftermath pack for BF3 had the best maps out of all of them, they actually included new building types and had a lot of roadblocks and rubble to stop armor dominating the maps. This is something I have always wanted ever since Battlefield 2 and getting anus raped on Karkand constantly.

I was very disappointed with the BF2 maps, Karkand was ALL wrong, and Sharqi didn't play the same at all, and these were ruined by the fact they were forced onto the conquest assault game type and did not have standard conquest match types.

I do enjoy BF4 and had fun with it, but my god, if you look at some of the amazingly gorgeous maps from previous games then look at this game and realize you basically only have a sh*tty prison and a flooded slum, you think what the f*ck has happened to battlefield?

Paracel Storm is pretty much the only proper battlefield feeling map to me. Pretty much all the others lack the tug of war gameplay I miss and are just pointless circular maps.

We need f*cking choke points and decently defendable areas god damnit.

I am not trying to put Metro as an example as it could be whorey as sh*t pretty much 90% of the time, but it made firefights seem way more realistic, pushing forward in a linear fashion like a proper war.

I don't know hopefully the new map packs will make up for it but as of now games feel awfull dull, and this is at release where it should feel the most active.

I cannot stand dead maps.

lt_yao

Good point. The choke points on other maps made it all the more fun to play, easier to defend, not getting killed every time from behind like in Parcel Storm. Take for example Kharg Island, I think the layout was perfect, couldn't ask for a better map, points spread out really well, the way you approach them is quite dynamic too. But there was no room for coming up from behind, which I was a fan of, because in BF4, pretty much every map I get jumped on from behind, and that really rustles my jimmies.

I think any Battlefield should come with a set of old maps, popular maps from previous games included. This way everyone is happy.

Quackerz Gamerz

New gameplay of Second Assault maps here:

Edited by Quackerz Gamerz

Quackerz Gamerz

Daz

God, the game looks so good on next gen, though Oman shouldn't have a f*cking sandstorm, makes no sense due to it being right next to the water, I loved it for the sunshine not the gameplay to be honest.

We need Arica Harbor from BC2, that had one of the best defend spots ever, the brick wall just after the first two bases in rush are blown up, it was amazing throwning infinite frags at f*ckers trying to run down the hill.

What bugs me really is that every map seems like a stretched triangle. A home base either side, flags in a line then one either above or below (it changes anyway based on which side you are on which pisses me off to no end).

I want the upcoming maps so bad, but because I don't have premium I will have to wait f*cking ages. Which is bullsh*t that you can't transfer your player stats to PS4 from X360, complete bullsh*t, and Premium won't carry over, even though it should just be assigned to your battlelog not console.

I really love playing I just feel like almost all the maps are boring as sh*t. Even a map as cool looking as rogue transmission can end up not even playing very well. And don't get me started on that cod bullsh*t clone that is flood zone. What a load of dog sh*t.

I do like having options to go around the maps to flank, but you do need to aim players down a path a little more, it does feel like they only tested PC and next gen versions on 64 players and instead left current gen behind and the result is empty maps with not a whole lot going on.

I finally got my 1911 kills last night so I hit 1000/1000 finally, what a piece of sh*t that gun is, sounds weak, is weak, and is just awful. They did the same in BF3, they didn't give it enough damage. It owned in BC2 but f*ck me it sucks now. I will be sticking to the 443 and Five Seven.