User Music Tracks

Majormodz

I'm having a problem with Independence Radio not recognizing certain tracks I've added to the User Music folder.

Artist: Mr. Fingers

Title: Can You Feel It

Album Title: Unknown

Year: Unknown

Track Number: 1

Duration: 0:05:46

Type: MP3 audio file (mp3)

Bit Rate: 320kbps

Protected: No

Size: 13.2 MB

I've converted the file into different formats (WMA, Wave) with the same results. I have even ripped the track directly from my GTA SanAndreas SF-UR radio as .ogg, and converted it to mp3. I also have 2 other versions of the track downloaded from completely different sources, neither of which are "protected". All with the same results.

I put 4 versions of the track in the folder, 2 mp3's bit rate 320kbps and 128kbps / WMA / Wave, none will play.

A Full Scan will come up with something like this 0/1 or 0/2 etc.

Other tracks, music folders and shortcuts seem to work just fine in testing. The only thing I haven't tried is M4A as I don't have Quicktime installed, and do not plan on doing so.

Seems odd the game would play virtually every music file on my computer except the "one" track I want. Any ideas ?

On a side note: I noticed a difference between the User Music folders when running XLiveless vs. Xlive. The standard folder located here C:\Documents and Settings\Gamer\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\User Music also contains 3 files cpuinfo.txt, usertracks dat, userfile dat that are not present in the XLiveless User Music folder located here C:\Documents and Settings\Gamer\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\User Music.

I have tried running the game in both modes with copies of the audio file in both the User Music folders, the track is not recognized in either mode.