for those who cant wait to see some GTA V gameplay

VATG

i think we can get a pretty good perspective on how the cover system would be in gta v since Jim Jagger the person who responsible for the animation in the following videos has been confirmed to be working on the next gta installment aka GTA V...

i really hope that all of those destruction mechanics will also be a part of the new gta game.

The first questions that pop to my mind after watching those vids was: so this game is from 2007-2008 so they must of been working on it for at least 3 to 4 years meaning that this is actually a game from 2004! if they could do this back then i can only imagine what they can do now...

Canned PS3 exclusive Eight Days is the game behind the footage, and it's being reported that the man who worked as lead animator on the axed Sony London project, Jim Jagger, joined Rockstar in 2009 - right after the release of GTA IV.

Jagger's currently listed (via Official PlayStation Magazine) as working on a 'TBA' project at GTA headquarters Rockstar North, and has had some involvement in LA Noire in the past.

There's a chance then that the next GTA might share a similar look and feel to the cancelled PS3 shooter.

Eight Days was also a co-op adventure involving a lot of interplay between the two characters during gunfights, such as throwing each other guns and passing each other against walls.

Could we expect a similar feature in the new GTA? Watch the footage below and let us know what you think.

Edited by VATG

Judging by the way Max Payne moves it's more likely he has been working on that game. The protagonist in V might have more fluid control & animations but not as good as MP3 as that is a dedicated 3rd person shooter.

If this guy did some animation for LA Noire then he can't have been there very long. I found the body animations to be very limited & quite stiff compared to the MotionScan used for the face. This quote says it all:

"We barely had any animators for such a long time, it was crazy. People have mentioned how the open world in L.A. Noire is wasted because the world is so boring. The reason was because no animators wanted to work at Team Bondi. There was no Lead Animator from January 2008 until the end of the game, and for large parts of production we only had one animator working on gameplay animations (any others were doing cinematic animations). This meant that there was no way to add life to the world. It's a perfect example of why staff retention is important, was ignored by the leads at Team Bondi, and the game suffered for it."

Judging by the way Max Payne moves it's more likely he has been working on that game. The protagonist in V might have more fluid control & animations but not as good as MP3 as that is a dedicated 3rd person shooter.

If this guy did some animation for LA Noire then he can't have been there very long. I found the body animations to be very limited & quite stiff compared to the MotionScan used for the face. This quote says it all:

"We barely had any animators for such a long time, it was crazy. People have mentioned how the open world in L.A. Noire is wasted because the world is so boring. The reason was because no animators wanted to work at Team Bondi. There was no Lead Animator from January 2008 until the end of the game, and for large parts of production we only had one animator working on gameplay animations (any others were doing cinematic animations). This meant that there was no way to add life to the world. It's a perfect example of why staff retention is important, was ignored by the leads at Team Bondi, and the game suffered for it."

idk according to his two years not-active twitter account hes working with rockstar north that as we all know is the developer

of GTV V, but to be honest i hope he working on both titles this dude is mad talented if he did this kinda stuff 7 years ago he must be a beast by now and if thats not enough he recruited some of his old friends who worked with him on 'eight days' to 'rockstar north'.

https://twitter.com/#!/jimjagger/status/3612976799

Looking forward to a fresh start in Edinburgh. Playing around with the old Eight Days material makes me really excited to start again...

http://twitter.com/#!/jimjagger/status/3206107387

has accepted a job with Rockstar North (the makers of GTA) and will soon be moving to Edinburgh!

Edited by VATG

This video is just so awesome. I think the graphics should be very similar to GTA V. But there aren t only the animation which need to be improved, especially the possibilities with the RAGE engine should be improved like hanging on a driving vehicle like in the mission in IV. This should always be possible and should not be available only in a scripted mission.

Well Max Payne 3 was slated for a 2009 release, so the unannounced game they're talking about must've been GTA V. I hope he has been there from the start of its development. That doesn't mean he hasn't worked on both, R* North did some work on RDR after all.

Those cover mechanics look absolutely amazing. I am very interested to see how and if R* is going to utilize something similar for V.

• 6 months later...
So now that Max Payne 3 is out is any of you guys who played the game can recognize some of the features shown in those video's?

ScorpDaMonk

idk according to his two years not-active twitter account hes working with rockstar north that as we all know is the developer

of GTV V, but to be honest i hope he working on both titles this dude is mad talented if he did this kinda stuff 7 years ago he must be a beast by now and if thats not enough he recruited some of his old friends who worked with him on 'eight days' to 'rockstar north'.

icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

We can basically assume GTA 5 will have many of the same mechanics as Eight Days. It's not even the most difficult stuff, it's just getting it fluid and workable in all scenarios (which is difficult to do due to sandbox gameplay).

Between MP3, Red Dead, and this Eight Days game, GTA V has plenty of room for improvement over GTA IV. I bet they've raised the bar through the roof this time around.

Or you could play Max Payne 3.. you can tell how great the gameplay will be once you play it.

spacer.png

Afterburningwheels

So...Eight Days was made in 2004? cry.gif Wow, imagine the crappy Nvidia 6xxx series.

Not sure if theer were 7xxx series tho' but darn, Eight Days looks really nice and full of action.

Kinda lame the story is unknown.

One question I heard the leader of Team Bondi did not treated his employees very nice, is that true?

Is that why L.A. Noire is a game with non-life interaction?

And why is that team leader such a jerk?

G1T

Jim Jagger is not in the Max Payne 3 credits

He is credited as Lead In Game Animator for L.A. Noire. Notably, as part of Rockstar North, not Team Bondi.

• 3 weeks later...

The animations are something that stick from that 'Eight Days' project, so it is good the Lead Animator of that will likely be the Lead Animator of GTA V.

Also, to people saying 'Why was this cancelled?', it was probably just a game that never came together. Not a strong enough story, resources could be used elsewhere. That or it could have something to do with Playstation giving London Studio Playstation Home to develop. The Getaway for PS3 could have had animations like this ... man, sometimes I don't know if Playstation have their priorities right.

Edited by Msharingan

The animations are something that stick from that 'Eight Days' project, so it is good the Lead Animator of that will likely be the Lead Animator of GTA V.

Also, to people saying 'Why was this cancelled?', it was probably just a game that never came together. Not a strong enough story, resources could be used elsewhere. That or it could have something to do with Playstation giving London Studio Playstation Home to develop. The Getaway for PS3 could have had animations like this ... man, sometimes I don't know if Playstation have their priorities right.

Why did u bump this topic!?

Why did u bump this topic!?

Two weeks?

I felt like talking about this topic. It isn't suddenly irrelevant, infact it is much more relevant than many of the topics up now. So ... yeah, I don't get what your trying to say.

Edited by Msharingan

Oh for f*ck's sake, we've ALREADY seen this. Videos of it were popping up since before the trailer. I've seen it. I don't need to again.

Oh for f*ck's sake, we've ALREADY seen this. Videos of it were popping up since before the trailer. I've seen it. I don't need to again.

Topic bumper is troll.