To Annihilator Pilots

B Dawg

Dont try to start another pointless discussion... we wont stop healing. Not my problem if you are not enough smart to kill Annihilator

^ I agree. when you get tired of them owning you, do what I did. Go learn to fly one yourself.Nothing says stop annoying me like shooting them back, then stealing the health they're running for when they're on fire.

and what do you mean you dont heal yourself. Thats probably a mistake in this game.

You didn't get what I ment. I don't care if they kill me, but why the hell must they fly the f*ck away when they're low. I'd still shoot at them when I'm low. The noob probably wouldn't let me get one myself.

I spent a long time not liking pilots. Making an effort to annoy them, just to have a chance to shoot them from their stupid choppers. But one day someone owned me majorly. I mean I've been owned before, but this guy had me full of holes within 2 or 3 seconds each time. No chance to even get a decent gun. I decided then that maybe some ariel skills may come in handy. I spent nearly every minute in an annihialtor for a few weeks.That was a year ago. And even now if Im at the airport ( which is really chopper city & your asking for trouble even going there) and Im bored I'll spent 20 minutes destroying the 4 choppers on the ground as players try to get them. I chuckle when someone with pilot in their name enters a game. I can usually have the 3 together smoking in one pass.If they get off the ground, I steal the health and watch them crash into the water.

If you learn to fly, you'll quickly learn the best way to defend yourself on foot.

and personally I spend my freemode trying not to get killed, if theres a health pack then why not grab it.

xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

Most Pilots are bitches.

Now before pilot have a go at me, I'm a pilot myself, but my comment above is regarding the large number of pilots especially the pilot clans that take up a vast percentage of pilots, those guys are the bitches, asshole or whatever you wish to say.

Edited by xHIGHWAY_REAPERx

true, 99% of pilots, once taken down, can't handle being bullied on foot and will just quit the game, after doing something like spam kicking you...

7cg1vNw.png

You sound just like the pilots that accuse me of cowardice when I take cover.

You do what you've got to do to survive. If that means taking cover when you're on the ground or running for health when your heli gets shot to sh*t then so be it. At least when I've damaged them enough to make them run for health they're off my ass long enough for me to tool up. After that they can bring it on.

fight the helo pilots on your terms. most pilots will follow you without paying much attention to the ground. take them to where you've got a better shot at staying protected and can take shots at the pilot. let em go get more health and take it as a small victory that they had to break away cuz you flamed their chopper

Shyabang Shyabang
I didn't know you could heal your helicopter. No wonder I keep seeing the fire get extinguished by itself.

Dont try to start another pointless discussion... we wont stop healing. Not my problem if you are not enough smart to kill Annihilator

I dont see the problem in grabing health packs, you'd be a fool not to, everyone does it air or land.

But most pilots overate their skills when killing ground targets, they seem to forget about the major advantage of having 4 miniguns and being in a vehicle thats hard to hit.

They will shoot/ram choppers on the ground incase a better pilot gets airbourne and reminds them how average they realy are.

My messege to pilots..unless your winning against other choppers often, its not your skills that are powerful but the tool you are using.

For example, if I go up in a chopper I can kill people on ground or set their car on fire fairly easily using the 4 miniguns but im not realy proud of myself because I know if someone else gets a chopper 50% of the time il go down in flames.

And if im facing a proper pilot, someone who's actually good in a chopper then 99% of the time il go down in flames. Im just average like most people who think they are gods when in a chopper.

Edited by ScoobydooWRX

I think that chopper pilots are fairly talented I for one can't fly the chopper for s*it but it does annoy me when a chopper is shooting at me and I shoot the chopper and it catches fire only for him to get a health pack I then get him out of the chopper and absolutely rape him on ground and he rage quits/spam kicks.

Although I like chopper pilots who can hold their own on foot a good example of a good pilot and on ground shooter is Booze T.

I think that chopper pilots are fairly talented I for one can't fly the chopper for s*it but it does annoy me when a chopper is shooting at me and I shoot the chopper and it catches fire only for him to get a health pack I then get him out of the chopper and absolutely rape him on ground and he rage quits/spam kicks.

Although I like chopper pilots who can hold their own on foot a good example of a good pilot and on ground shooter is Booze T.

Yes, they are talented but they waste it.

I dunno what to say about myself. I find it very difficult to START the strafe technique rather than keeping it up. Haven't been in an annihilator to annihilator duel yet tho.

SPiTFiRE x187x

Everyone will hate Pilots, simply because once mastered, there is nothing more deadly in the game That is legitimate

The balance of in game power as always been in the Pilots favour. When Modders where extremely active that changed, and now of course you have turbo users.

At the end of the day a Pilot will always have the dominance in a game when facing people on the ground, even if that person is awesome at Anti-Air or has a turbo, the Pilot will have the advantage for obvious reasons.

Everyone will hate Pilots, simply because once mastered, there is nothing more deadly in the game That is legitimate

The balance of in game power as always been in the Pilots favour. When Modders where extremely active that changed, and now of course you have turbo users.

At the end of the day a Pilot will always have the dominance in a game when facing people on the ground, even if that person is awesome at Anti-Air or has a turbo, the Pilot will have the advantage for obvious reasons.

Noticed video in your sig and watched both parts just now.

Will put it to use icon14.gif

I find it weird that I didn't know of the two-shot burst, but I was better than other players in deathmatches by just tapping(on foot(not heli)) Only one person was able to do a 10 kill streak on me after which we were friends because we hated cornershooters.

+Everything you and the video stated are true(mostly the beginning about not letting us get out own helicopters)

SPiTFiRE x187x

Good luck with your Anti-Air techniques. Also thank Booze T, he made the guide, I did the easy part. tounge2.gif

johnwontscore

DKB, if the pilots are too good or are health farmers and you can't take them down from the ground, they won’t let you get a helicopter and they keep killing you, you need to try and escape from the airport in the fastest car you can get and drive along the highway to Algonquin and get amongst the tall buildings. The faster the car is, the less chance there is of the pilot/s taking you out on the highway, if you are lucky enough to get an Infernus of SuperGT, there's very, very few pilots that can take one of those out on the highway as long as you don't crash. If they start to hit the car with their guns, you can use a touch of braking to throw them off.

Once in Algonquin, stay in the centre and drive round the tall buildings. If the pilot follows you down the streets, he should eventually lose his blades and crash, allowing you to go and get a helicopter and escape/take revenge.

The pilot may just lose hope and leave back for the airport. If he does this, you go and get a helicopter and take revenge.

Another type of pilot, often coming in groups of two or three for some reason, can be tempted to land on the top of buildings in the hope of sniping you or rocketing you if you stop in a safe place. A good place to go for this is the north crane in Algonquin. If you hide at the base of that, it’s hard for them to kill you with their helicopters and easy for you to shoot them down, so they tend to land on a building nearby. Be ready for them with a sniper rifle or rocket launcher and kill them. Go and get a helicopter and take revenge.

If you’ve got no weapons and you can’t kill them, or if the pilot is a coward or sneaky bastard with or without skill and chooses to hover above you doing nothing but watching, you have a further option, but only if it’s an airport game. Drive as far as you can to the west of the map. Go through the tunnel into Alderney and keep driving until you’re as far west as you can get and then let the pilot kill you or kill yourself. You will respawn at the airport and if you’re lucky, you’ll be able to get a helicopter before he can fly back to the airport.

Helicopter revenge depends on your skill level relative to them. If you’re better than them, obviously be an asshole and shoot them down, shoot them on the ground again and again, go for health when you need to, kill them, kill them, don’t forget to blade them to piss them off more, kill them, kill them.

If they are better in the helicopter than you, or if there are too many of them, ram and run. Get them to chase you round the map for hour in big circles that always end with you repairing at the airport only to fly off again. If they stop chasing you, ram them again and again until they crash or come after you. In short, be an asshole and drive them crazy.

Hope you find this useful.

Btw, has anybody else tried this? It’s quite good fun:

Too much of a time waste, worse than running for gay armor everytime someone else does in a 1v1, could find a better match by then.

And seriously, no matter how noob my opponent is, I wouldn't repeat the things he does(like heliblade)

• 2 weeks later...
Too much of a time waste, worse than running for gay armor everytime someone else does in a 1v1, could find a better match by then.

And seriously, no matter how noob my opponent is, I wouldn't repeat the things he does(like heliblade)

i have to agree man, i played a few times where a guy healed himself 3 or 4 times and i still took him out lol

Seriously, quit healing when your helicopter starts to burn. We don't heal, why must you? Get real.

This is your task in Freemode. I'm happy to meet skilled pilots that want to stay in the BUZZARD or ANNIHILATOR and dominate the scene. It's a challenge to bring these down. Even if they heal themselves.

Now, since TLAD doesn't feature combat helis (I play AutoAim OFF, no police, friendly fire ON) for GTA vanilla: the Annihilator isn't too deadly and you (maybe with friends) do have a good chance to bring these pilots down.

In TBOGT, you usually have enough firepower with explosive shells, sticky bombs, explosive sniper rifle, rpg, grenande launcher, and the pilot cabin of the buzzard is actually a huge window, don't even need explosives, just aim precisely.

You gotta lure them where they can't hit you that easy, tactics without using glitches:

f.e. BROKER/SHOTTLER:

You have the railtracks above you. stay beneath them, move under them. you have lots of space to shoot the pilot but he has trouble hitting you.

In shottler station the pilot had to go so low I just emptied a a magazine of the uzi into his head and took his buzzard.

In Algonquin you got lots of small alleys between the skyscrapers, same procedure here. Also, you can go up the roof by just pushing a button (basejumps). If they follow you up, you can easily blow them up by throwing grenades, bombs, using the rpg, etc.

Look, if you do it right, the pilots won't even get the chance to heal themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

The purpose of this thread seems to mostly be about OP boasting about how such a great pilot he is. people aren't going to stop using health to repair and you know it.

Now, since TLAD doesn't feature combat helis (I play AutoAim OFF, no police, friendly fire ON) for GTA vanilla: the Annihilator isn't too deadly and you (maybe with friends) do have a good chance to bring these pilots down.

play TLAD with cops on, there are players that can get the annihilator (with explosive rounds) from the cops and they are very difficult to bring down...but not impossible. i love trying to kill pilots, i use the same style tactics. alleys and tall buildings, anything to break up their circling patterns for the full 360 degrees gives you a chance to fight back.

The purpose of this thread seems to mostly be about OP boasting about how such a great pilot he is. people aren't going to stop using health to repair and you know it.

What are you talking about? I find it very hard to start strafing.

Learn to shoot them out. I used to love Piloting, now I absolutely hate them as I know how annoying it is to be sawpnkilled by these dicks.

What you need:

-Assault Rifle or SMG. M4 is the better option.

-Body Armour

-Repetitive, quick bursts (2-3 shots) while crouching, keeping the trigger half-squeezed for decrease the aiming reticule's size = better accuracy.

Go for the head.

I have my aiming sensitivity on medium, but use whatever your used to.

This is practically how good I am, just, this isn't me, but he's good: (Watch part 2 for the main tutorial/example)

I hate pilots but I love shooting them down. But of course I do get killed a lot by them also =) But is just better feeling to kill a pilot from the ground.

If there was no pilots, game would be more boring if u ask me. I love the sound of total chaos, explosion and the sound of guns, annihilators, "wants o to kick" sound when I join the game.

Enjoy

I hate pilots but I love shooting them down. But of course I do get killed a lot by them also =) But is just better feeling to kill a pilot from the ground.

If there was no pilots, game would be more boring if u ask me. I love the sound of total chaos, explosion and the sound of guns, annihilators, "wants o to kick" sound when I join the game.

Enjoy

You speak my mind.

I'm a pretty good pilot in GTA-IV, and personally there is nothing I enjoy more than cutting a mean swathe through the canyons of Liberty City in the stolen gold plated Buzzard, but if I have to do it in a police attack helicopter, it's not as much fun because to be frank, they handle like a cow and steer like a drunk cat. Bringing down one is simple, so simple in fact that the only time when you cannot do it is when they are at high altitude or at such an extreme angle as to make aiming at them nigh impossible (and even then the soft option of a RPG round is difficult too). I've commented on this elsewhere, but just aim at the cockpit, the side window, the one in the underside or concentrate your weapons fire (assault weapons are best, but you can do it with a lucky hit or two from a hand pistol) on the pilot. My present identify/fire/kill best is 0.14 seconds - and verified on video.

I'm a pretty good pilot in GTA-IV, and personally there is nothing I enjoy more than cutting a mean swathe through the canyons of Liberty City in the stolen gold plated Buzzard, but if I have to do it in a police attack helicopter, it's not as much fun because to be frank, they handle like a cow and steer like a drunk cat. Bringing down one is simple, so simple in fact that the only time when you cannot do it is when they are at high altitude or at such an extreme angle as to make aiming at them nigh impossible (and even then the soft option of a RPG round is difficult too). I've commented on this elsewhere, but just aim at the cockpit, the side window, the one in the underside or concentrate your weapons fire (assault weapons are best, but you can do it with a lucky hit or two from a hand pistol) on the pilot. My present identify/fire/kill best is 0.14 seconds - and verified on video.

Yea I have shot many pilots out with Handguns and Assault Rifles - RPG's too, purely to watch an awesome crash and thinking to myself "We gotta Blackhawk down, we goota Blackhawk down" XD

Link?