Gaming Bargains

jamieleng

I just picked up Red Faction Armaggedon from Gamestation for only £5 new. I know it's a million miles away from being a contender for GOTY, but at that price how can you go wrong? It's also the last RF game we'll be seeing, at least for the foreseeable future. I've spent treble that on games that didn't live up to the hype, like Crysis 2.

Some other games that have had their price slashed are Deus Ex for £15 (Gamestation, Tesco & Sainsburys), Rage for between £22.50-£25 (In most places it seems), Saints Row The Third £20 (Gamestation) & Skyrim between £22.50-£27.50 (Asda, Gamestation & HMV). Has anyone spotted any games going for a song in the lead up to Xmas?

This past two months have been a great deal of gaming bargains for me.

Hitman Blood Money for $5

Dead Rising Off The Record for $35

RAGE for $40 (Sold it back for $45, I'm an evil bastard)

The Orange Box for $10

Deus Ex Human Revolution for $30

Batman Arkham City for $40

Skyrim for $64 (Original price was $68 tounge.gif)

There has been a glut of quality games released in the last three months. Perhaps that has something to do with the prices being slashed further & faster than I can remember in recent memory.

Looking at the store shelves, with all these brand new quality games at cut price, some with 30+ hours of single player gameplay. Then there's MW3 that remains stubbornly priced at £40-45 ($60) & in a years time it will only have dropped to £30-35 on average.

I got Dead Space 2 the day they released it on PSN, but rather than paying $29.99 for a download of it, I got an untouched physical copy for about $3.99, plus it came with the code to download Dead Space: Extraction (on-rails shooter, $14.99 value).

So excellent.

38773_s.gif

Arkham City for £17.99

Was that for console or pc & where did you buy it?

I suppose I should've said all those prices I mentioned were for console versions. PS3 games seem to get discounted more often & in the supermarkets it's always the Xbox versions that run out of stock first. I really need to get a PS3, my phone needs updating & Carphone Warehouse are giving away consoles on new phone contracts.

I bought Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for €17 I thought it was a decent price as it's a special edition metal box and the thing is immaculate. It's like the person who sold it needed cash bad and didn't want to sell it. The disc didn't have a scratch. I know it's not the newest game but It's like buying it brand new.

Someone bought me FM 2012 yesterday for £17.99 from TESCO and today I picked up GT5 for £12.99 new.

GTA IV 20$ Right now I have about 3 copies of the game. It's a great deal for me.

Dead space 2 for 5 dollars, Left 4 dead 2 a while back for 5 as well, and Portal 2 for 10 bucks

Steam has some TERRIFIC sales

I bought Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for €17 I thought it was a decent price as it's a special edition metal box and the thing is immaculate. It's like the person who sold it needed cash bad and didn't want to sell it. The disc didn't have a scratch. I know it's not the newest game but It's like buying it brand new.

Whoever buys a game off me from eBay gets a game that is practically brand new, as I really look after my stuff. I mean even the game cases look like they did just out of the cellophane. Sad, I know.

A couple weeks ago, Toys R Us had buy one game get one half off. I got Assassin's Creed Revelations, Skyrim (for my brother), and 2 copies of Arkham City (one for me and one for my other brother), all for like $190. Not a great deal, but good none the less. And I saw Battlefield 3 deluxe edition (or whatever it's called) for $49 the other day. I'd mention that I saw Battlefield 3 and Arkham City for $30 each on black friday, but that doesn't matter now.

I'm sure after Christmas we'll see even more deals.