Why does everyone want multiple characters?

Ludzidocelowych

The_Mario_Man

This is a bad idea, and won't happen in GTA, it would take away from the story too much.

It already happened. It's called GTA IV.

user posted image

Edited by The_Mario_Man

...i would like to see multiplayable character and multi-ending...

it is like how we shape our character and lead it to ...significant ending.

it will make gta:v as the game that most ppl will play again for 5-10 times~

Ludzidocelowych
...i would like to see multiplayable character and multi-ending...

it is like how we shape our character and lead it to ...significant ending.

it will make gta:v as the game that most ppl will play again for 5-10 times~

That takes away from the story. It won't happen.

But then again, who knows?

Ludzidocelowych
This is a bad idea, and won't happen in GTA, it would take away from the story too much.

user posted image

TlaD>>>>>GTA IV>>>> BoGT

The story in The Lost and Damned was the best

I had a bit of a hard time getting into IV, decent game though

BoGT wasn't very good.

The_Mario_Man

Regardless of which individual's story you think is better, they are all intertwined to make up GTA IV's overall narrative. I think it works very well. So in a sense, GTA IV did have multiple protagonists. It's likely Rockstar may have been gauging the audience reaction to such a concept with EFLC. They may have even been doing this dating all the way back to Vice City Stories/Liberty City Stories. People reacted well, hence the possibility for the multiple playable characters being put into a single installment in V.

BUT nobody from Rockstar has said anything about this, and we know absolutely nothing outside of a vague description and a short trailer, so it's all just wishful thinking and people willing to believe every 'leak' that gets posted on the net.

Edited by The_Mario_Man

As long as it's like the episodes where they use different protagonists to tell the backstory of the MAIN game, I will have no problem with it.

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

3 trailer---3 charecters

Trailer 1- Rich guy, guy on balcony

Trailer 2- Guy living in the middle, Red convertable guy

Trailers 3 - Poor guy living in the ghetto, running from cops

There story collides in the jewelry hiest which goes wrong, cops were tipped about the heist , BIG MISSION,involving footchase ,shooting and car chase and 2 of them die, THE END.

G1T

i dont like the idea of multiple characters cuz it wont let us focus on one story and on one guy...i loved how i followed CJ's story and Niko's one too...but i dont like to play more than one guy's part of story in the same time

but if they will release epsiodes like in the case of GTA IV that would be awesome!

customkingpimp

I had a dream about this last night, The choice of characters at the beginning of the game, each one gives you a different outcome/missions in the game. I think it would be awesome, like 5 games in 1, but the odds of that happening are slim in my eyes.

3 trailer---3 charecters

There story collides in the jewelry hiest which goes wrong, cops were tipped about the heist , BIG MISSION,involving footchase ,shooting and car chase and 2 of them die, THE END.

wow!

No need for me to buy the game anymore! turn.gif

Hydro_PlayboyX

i just want one protagonist in main game and other two in DLC's just like in IV. i dont want multiple storylines in main game but i wolud like to see more branched storyline than in IV

3 trailer---3 charecters

wow!

No need for me to buy the game anymore! turn.gif

lol biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif its just random guessing

G1T

user posted image

TlaD>>>>>GTA IV>>>> BoGT

The story in The Lost and Damned was the best

I had a bit of a hard time getting into IV, decent game though

BoGT wasn't very good.

The other way around, my Dear.. the other way around.

TLAD was not really exciting and superb, while TBOGT was a huge success towards IV in the matter of gameplay and fun. Even the story in TLAD was kinda lame compared to TBOGT or IV.

topic:

I wouldn't mind if we have multiple protagonist. I just can't imagine how this is gonna happen.

Its not that we want it but it looks like we get them,wheter we like that or not.Well in some games like Hevy Rain it works but some like COD it didn't so its wait and see what this is gonna work.

Everyone wants multiple protags because they only play the game for running from the cops and blowing sh*t up. They can't stand the idea of doing this as a man of Ned Luke's age. They'd rather look like Ronny from the Jersey Shore. They are little puke ball brats and will be the death of us all.

barf8bd.gif

Im one of the people that want multiple protaganist but that doesnt mean that i rather play as someone from jersey shore or that im a "little puke".

Wat does that mean anyway?You might want just one protaganist but not everybody feels the same as you.

TBH, I really don't like the idea of having multiple protags. And playing as a 50-year old badass looks a lot more cooler than playing as a 25-year old gangbanger like CJ. I dunno why people like him so much, he was one of the worst protags of the GTA series (the story was awesome though).

Its pretty silly that people are so scared of new concepts for GTA. "OMG, this idea will ruin GTA, it's only stupid people that want it anyway". Some people appear to think only their opinions matter. Well here is the thing, it ia just that, an OPINION. Having more then one protag isnt goin to ruin anything, maybe it will give more depth. In the end, it is R* choice, and I have faith that however they did it, we will get a fantastic game.

All this multiple protag thing sounds really far fetched to me.

Is it because we see the same guy driving a car a few times? Are they not just random peds R* captured, then cut and paste a few fragments of that clip

to make the trailer?

I don't know if this multi protag thing will work for V without cutting the story short some way.

GTAIV didn't really have multiple protags, IV was Niko, TLAD was about Johnny and TBOGT about Luiz.

All have their own story with only a few missions involving the diamonds (a minor side plot really) to connect them.

The other way around, my Dear.. the other way around.

TLAD was not really exciting and superb, while TBOGT was a huge success towards IV in the matter of gameplay and fun. Even the story in TLAD was kinda lame compared to TBOGT or IV.

I'm amazed at how underrated TLAD is. It had the best atmoshpere of all three adventures IMO. Even though at the time of the announcement, I wasn't thrilled about the whole biker stuff, TLAD totally changed my mind, bike races with baseball bats, gangs wars that bacome very intense after like 50, the prison bus mission, and of course the final mission which ranks easily in my top 3 of the whole series, not to mention the soundtrack, the city appearing darker, with more rain to match Johnny's point of view about society (the opposite of Luis who sees the city sunnier and brighter, only Niko has a neutral and unbiased view of the city for arriving recently), firing the sawn-off shotgun from the bike.

TBOGT was fine, but it seems like R* wanted to make it up to all the people who don't care much about the storyline, believablity of the situations, atmosphere and just want Saints Row stuff, like big-ass guns, crazy mission that make no sense, overuse of the parachute (I mean, seriously, nearly one out of 4 missions in TBOGT had a parachute sequence), characters too over-the-top (Mori nearly makes Brucie appear normal to us). Fortunately, R* are talented and the game is still very good despite all this.

Now, back on topic, I'n not really into this idea of having more than one protagonist in the maing game. I don't mind other playable characters in DLCs, but only one in the main game.

i would like multiple protagonists because they offer different perspectives of the story. i just hope we won't switch protagonists with the press of a button.

I dont want multiple protagonists in the main releases story.

Subtle use of other protagonist's would be ok, like in LA, where for a few cases you play someone else, but Cole is still your main protag. Not constant swapping, it will get messy and ruin the story. And we don't need a Rockstar game with a sucky story, god no.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
3 trailer---3 charecters

That's what I was saying. And yes, we have already seen in IV except it was DLC.

Personally, I don't want multiple protagonists and I have no idea why people keep bringing it up as a good idea. But, as the old saying goes, to each their own.

I don't see where all this hate and certainty that multiple protagonists would be bad. It worked fine in EFLC. I think the LAN/RDR fashion of multiple characters would be terrible in GTA. Forced switching would break the feeling of attachment to the character.

If Rockstar is smart they'll use the EFLC method ; separate stories for each character rather than protagonist musical chairs. Just make it so when we start a new game a little screen comes up and we pick which story/character we want to play first. Or if there is a main menu it could work like Undead Nightmare. We scroll over to singleplayer and then we pick which character we want to play.

There's no need for it to be DLC. If Rockstar went into the development with multiple characters then I have no doubt they would each have their own fleshed out stories. I personally think Red Car guy and Ned Luke are the two I think are protagonists. They each appear more than once in situations that seem odd for an NPC to be in. Maybe trailer number two will focus more on Red Car guy as the first obviously focused on Ned Luke.

I wouldn't mind if they did it in the fashion of EFLC -

but I don't want to change characters in-game. Like most people have already

stated, I think it would take away from the connection with the character.

I loved how they handled EFLC, and how the stories connected. colgate.gif

I don't see where all this hate and certainty that multiple protagonists would be bad. It worked fine in EFLC. I think the LAN/RDR fashion of multiple characters would be terrible in GTA. Forced switching would break the feeling of attachment to the character.

If Rockstar is smart they'll use the EFLC method ; separate stories for each character rather than protagonist musical chairs. Just make it so when we start a new game a little screen comes up and we pick which story/character we want to play first. Or if there is a main menu it could work like Undead Nightmare. We scroll over to singleplayer and then we pick which character we want to play.

There's no need for it to be DLC. If Rockstar went into the development with multiple characters then I have no doubt they would each have their own fleshed out stories. I personally think Red Car guy and Ned Luke are the two I think are protagonists. They each appear more than once in situations that seem odd for an NPC to be in. Maybe trailer number two will focus more on Red Car guy as the first obviously focused on Ned Luke.

Right. That's not what people are against. To me that's not what 'multiple' protags refers to. Of course we all want DLC with a new protag and story that intertwines. We who oppose it oppose people's theories that in the main GTA V storyline (a la Niko's in IV) will have more than one protag (some people want up to 5 of them, what the hell?) this is such a garbage idea.

Right. That's not what people are against. To me that's not what 'multiple' protags refers to. Of course we all want DLC with a new protag and story that intertwines. We who oppose it oppose people's theories that in the main GTA V storyline (a la Niko's in IV) will have more than one protag (some people want up to 5 of them, what the hell?) this is such a garbage idea.

How is it garbage to have the equivalent of multiple stories ? It would be nice to see two characters with different perspectives. The only way I'd be against it is if we have to play musical chairs and be forced to switch between the two.

Let me reiterate my idea. The way I imagine multiple protags being done in the main game is basically like it was in EFLC but in a non-DLC format. Their stories are separate and won't be interrupted to make you switch to someone else.

I can't see how someone came up with five protagonists. Only two people in the trailer appear more than one doing some non-ped action.