Wait... Could Claude come Back?

Beznia

Yeah... I was browsing this QnA from rockstargames.com when I started reading all this...

Apparently Claude is a "drifter from the west coast".

Also, Claude wasn't killed at the end of GTAIII.

He is definitely not the protagonist, as Claude is a mute, but do you think he could be the character that comes back?

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...claude-dar.html

user posted image

user posted image

Hydro_PlayboyX

claude was a character in gta san andreas and he wont make a comeback because sa and iii are diffrent era from gta v

claude was a character in gta san andreas and he wont make a comeback because sa and iii are diffrent era from gta v

im sick of people saying this... you don't know.

It's still the same era, early or late 2000's. The universe is different though, so nobody knows what is going to happen.

Snake Without a Tongue

I always saw Claude as being East Coast in origin, or maybe from Chicago or Detroit.

the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

I think that clears up a lot.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

So, taking that into account, when "Rockstar" says Claude isn't dead, he means in the universe of III, not IV or V.

Snake Without a Tongue

You beat me to it. I'm really enjoying reading the Q&A. Lots of stuff there that ought to shut up the weird theories floating around.

as Claude is a mute

they said....

It may now seem obvious that people should all talk in games, but this was not necessarily the case in 2001, certainly not in an open world game. We were making up a lot of procedures as we went along, and we decided that the NPCs (Non Playable Characters) should talk and we would have to figure out how to make them talk (using motion captured cutscenes, something that had never really been done before, at least not on the scale we were doing it). So we decided that the game’s protagonist would not talk, partly to aid people identifying with him, but mostly because we had so many other problems to solve and this did not seem like a major issue. We started to discuss introducing a talking lead character when working on Vice City, but it was a lot of work. While the structure of GTA3 may seem obvious or natural now, and the use of cutscenes made in the game’s engine that look and feel like the game may seem simple and easy, it really was not the case back in 2001 when we had to figure out all of these things for the first time. Oh and in San Andreas, CJ calls Claude a mute because he does not talk and CJ finds this unnerving.

cj calls him a mute because he didn't like the fact he was quiet. he was mad.

claude is not a mute.

user posted image

"Surname may or may not be Speed"

Speed... Rush... Project Rush... GTA V... V means 5... The fifth GTA...

CLAUDE IS IN V

user posted image

CLAUDE IS IN V

coincidence?

user posted image

CLAUDE IS IN V

coincidence?

But what if it's not?

Personally I hope it's not. I want to meet new people with interesting stories and way too many people would troll about rehashed characters and locations even though it's completely redesigned.

ffs, this again?

Unlikely, seeing as how IV and III and presumably V (very unoriginal if they mix eras) are sepearate....

Some think yes, most say no (more reasoning goes in to no).

The guy said "IN THE III era"

to which R* said "He's not dead"

In the IV era he is, that's it

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Thank you Based God. f*ck people, get it together: there will be no Claude, Tommy, CJ or any other bland character from the GTAIII-vanilla-bullsh*t era. Get over it.

GTA V isn't GTA IV...

i hope he returns as the same kind of character in III. And talking about III which i might play again as i never completed it in the 10 years i had it from the good ol 2001/2002

user posted image

CLAUDE IS IN V

No, that's a reference to GTA2, seriously, you guys need to learn your history, Claude Speed was the main guy in GTA2, so they're mockingly making a joke about them being the same person.

GTA V isn't GTA IV...

The GTA IV universe is the 'high definition' universe. I'm pretty certain IV and V are the same universe and can (probably will) share characters.

Why would anyone want to play some 50 yr old dude??? 0_0 I sure wouldn't.....

The game needs a new character. Every GTA game did and so will this one.

Harwood Butch3r

I'm not sure why people still insist that GTA III era characters will come back. If they never did in GTA IV why would they in GTA V? Infact it probably would've made more sense for Claude to be in GTA IV, but he wasn't.

I'll give it a 90% chance we'll see a GTA IV character again before a GTA III era character.

Edited by Miamivicecity

GTA V isn't GTA IV...

Cut your bullsh*t please. GTA V is part of the HD era, as IV is a part of it too. Pretty sure that means they are in the same era...

It's still the same era, early or late 2000's. The universe is different though, so nobody knows what is going to happen.

in that same page R* states characters from III era will not be in IV era

user posted image

CLAUDE IS IN V

coincidence?

It's just a coincidence.

My opinion is that, even if you believe GTA story takes place in a persistent world, and all characters since GTA3 (maybe even since GTA1) lived in the same world, you won't find Claude on GTA5.

If Claude is really alive like they mentioned, he's very well hidden in Liberty City. Or even if he moved to Los Santos, he's probalby well hidden there too.

Why/how would the unnamed protagonist of GTA5 would find a single person in a city of millions of inhabitants? Unless Claude became some kind of crime boss, I don't have other idea.

No.

IV was the beginning of the 'new universe' for GTA.

V branches off from IV.

Some characters from IV will be V.

Ok... So the 3 era characters couldn't exist in the 4 or for arguements sake the 5 era but they never said they wouldn't mix characters from the 2d era and V game because they had an unnamed protagonist in gta 1 and 2, what if it was lets say Claude, then couldn't they theoretically put him in V if it was set in the 2d era, also wasn't 2 set in the not so distant future according to the 90's so that would make the timeframe accurate and it was an unnamed city if I remember correctly