Petition: Ned Luke's gotta go.

LotusRIP

Who is sick of seeing the Ned Luke article, and thinks it should be bumped down with a minor update?   

277 members have voted

1. 1. Who is sick of seeing the Ned Luke article, and thinks it should be bumped down with a minor update?

• Yes, I'm sick of it
    • No, I think he's kinda cute

Every time I visit GTAV.NET all I see is that big 'Is Ned Luke our protagonist?' headline.

Firstly, its not really confirmed as such, and secondly, there has been plenty of other small events like magazine articles and VGA awards (although both were a let down).

I say a minor update is made briefly covering various mediums which GTAV was not mentioned (mags and VGA) and perhaps a debunk of a couple of faked maps and pics... and what about the 2405 theory? the news article 'Is 2405 our release date' seems to hold as much light to it, and confidence, as the Ned Luke thing.

Don't just break news, make news

You know, just make it up, mix things up a little... Just say that the game is being released on a certain day even though we know its not. Less weather and sport, and more fashion?

I want it down just because i'm sick of it and want some other sort of GTAV news up there. there has obviously been interviews and articles going on. why not say something about them? after the trailer release, i expected the main page to be updated regularly, but just as before, there hasn't been a new post in over a month. come on now. even if it's not total truth or confirmed fact, give us something to work with here other than incredulous forum member posts.

The Ned Luke page wasn't even "News" it was mere speculation.

Just put an article about "Speculation" including map size, characters, plot, etc.

Even though the counter argument toward this is heavy and the argument for is moot,

I still agree with OP.

I don't want to see that bastard's face when I go on that website

the news article 'Is 2405 our release date' seems to hold as much light to it, and confidence, as the Ned Luke thing..

mercie_blink.gif

I'd rather not have the front page turn into a summary of GTAForums. Some of the nonsense that gets posted on here is baffling.

The magazines are basically saying "buy our mags for new GTA V info!", but instead of giving new info they publish a bunch of rumours which, ironically, originate from this forum. Why should we give them publicity?

The only thing we didn't post that we perhaps should have posted was the Dan Houser interview in GI. My bad.

Sent from my ayePhone

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Unfortunately, I'm no longer ten-years old, so I'd rather not see the "Ned Luke" headline replaced with another garbled batch of laughable speculation/"leaks." Until there's something worthy of replacing it, leave it alone.

Nothing wrong with it, its the biggest thing we know or are speculating at the minute so keep it there. It shouldn't be a site that updates every hour with every little bit of speculation. I only visit the site every 6 months because i know i can go there for good news and not rubbish speculation every day. Just visit the site less? Obviously when more information comes out we can visit it more and it should be updated more but its fine at the minute. Visit it less. It's not like you can go to any site for GTA news at the moment, every site is going to be guessing or wrong, just wait for Rockstar to say whatever.

Every time I visit GTAV.NET all I see is that big 'Is Ned Luke our protagonist?' headline.

Firstly, its not really confirmed as such, and secondly, there has been plenty of other small events like magazine articles and VGA awards (although both were a let down).

I say a minor update is made briefly covering various mediums which GTAV was not mentioned (mags and VGA) and perhaps a debunk of a couple of faked maps and pics... and what about the 2405 theory? the news article 'Is 2405 our release date' seems to hold as much light to it, and confidence, as the Ned Luke thing.

Haha its been chessing me off for two weeks now so your're not the only one here..

I remember the IV site was always updated with news every other fortnight or so, specualtion or not, however ever since V it seems the staff have lost enthusiasm for GTA and cant be bothered too. There have been many worthy news posts.

Mapping Los Santos topic

Dan Houser about the VERY big map

gta5info keep traffic coming because they stoke the flames of each rumour so come on GTAV.net guys get it together.

Haha its been chessing me off for two weeks now so your're not the only one here..

I remember the IV site was always updated with news every other fortnight or so, specualtion or not, however ever since V it seems the staff have lost enthusiasm for GTA and cant be bothered too. There have been many worthy news posts.

Mapping Los Santos topic

gta5info keep traffic coming because they stoke the flames of each rumour so come on GTAV.net guys get it together.

Not sure about that. I don't remember posting any speculative items on gta4.net. At least not anything like the '2405' nonsense.

The big difference between now and then is that back then we had genuine news emerging on a regular basis. One month after the IV trailer, we had 2 enormous magazine previews to dissect and several more previews announced. 1.5 months after the V trailer and we have nothing. Zilch!

The two items you mentioned are certainly newsworthy, but it has nothing to do with a lack of enthusiasm. I don't have as much time as I used to, sadly. I'll have a chat with the other news posters and find out what's going on. We may need to bring more posters on.

We should, at least, have a new layout soon..

Sent from my ayePhone

undeadMonkey93

Meh. The Ned Luke story is the only bit of speculation since the trailer release that's had any substance. If you want to read baseless rumours and speculation just search GTA V in Google News.

I never visit GTAV.NET so I honestly don't care about the article. Null vote for me.

caprisig.jpg

It annoys me a lot. It is speculation like everything else on the forum. And,personally, I dont think Ned Luke sounds anything like the voice in the trailer.

i dont know why are you guys so upset about this . i am not trying to defend myself since i found it but we pretty much got concrete proof on this . hell the man even closed his twitter account ! no prob if it goes away from the main page but imo it was news worthy since it is the only info that we have so far(apart from rockstars)

It annoys me a lot. It is speculation like everything else on the forum. And,personally, I dont think Ned Luke sounds anything like the voice in the trailer.

It could be the EQ settings on the audio that does that. His voice sounds a little different because something like this is going on with the audio in the trailer. If you decrease the mid levels in his demo reel you can make him sound like in the trailer; inversely, you could amplify the mid levels on the trailer to make him sound like in the demo reel.

Yes I'm sick of seeing Ned Luke. Should we bump down that headline and add something which is only rumors. No!

Think about it... you've been waiting for weeks for something new to appear on the front page and one day you see that the front page is updated but to your disappoint you read "Rockstar might be giving new information at E3 rumors say." And then you're all disappointed. It's better to wait for quality updates, either new information which have been confirmed or speculations which makes sense. This Ned Luke thing is nothing but speculation but it's a GOOD ONE! They do look the same and they sound pretty much similar.

Mapping Los Santos topic

Not sure about that. I don't remember posting any speculative items on gta4.net. At least not anything like the '2405' nonsense.

The big difference between now and then is that back then we had genuine news emerging on a regular basis. One month after the IV trailer, we had 2 enormous magazine previews to dissect and several more previews announced. 1.5 months after the V trailer and we have nothing. Zilch!

The two items you mentioned are certainly newsworthy, but it has nothing to do with a lack of enthusiasm. I don't have as much time as I used to, sadly. I'll have a chat with the other news posters and find out what's going on. We may need to bring more posters on.

New layout soon, thats a major hint into rockstar release new gta 5 info/trailers !!!!......

T R U C I D O

Well, considering that V has been given the most pathetic reveal trailer ever, i don't think the topics so far have been all that bad IMO.

New layout soon, thats a major hint into rockstar release new gta 5 info/trailers !!!!......

Or, they're making a new layout based on the first trailer.

More news or speculation on the main page would be nice.

Johnny Playert

Yeah, i think it's reasonable enough to say that the interview with Houser should be put on there. It's news-worthy enough and should be treated like an official press release.

Plus, back in the pre-SA/IV days, every interview with him was put on there.

I'm surprised it isn't on there in the first place.

And even though it seems silly putting it on there now, please do it anyway...

Edited by Johnny Playert

Not sure about that.  I don't remember posting any speculative items on gta4.net.  At least not anything like the '2405' nonsense.

The big difference between now and then is that back then we had genuine news emerging on a regular basis.  One month after the IV trailer, we had 2 enormous magazine previews to dissect and several more previews announced.  1.5 months after the V trailer and we have nothing.  Zilch!

The two items you mentioned are certainly newsworthy, but it has nothing to do with a lack of enthusiasm.  I don't have as much time as I used to, sadly.  I'll have a chat with the other news posters and find out what's going on.  We may need to bring more posters on.

Well the 2405 thing is madness, dont expect, or want, a news post on that. suicidal.gif

I was reading through the news archives out of boredom and I'm pretty sure I saw some news that was speculative in nature. There was one report on a soundtrack leak.

Fair enough I cant expect you to devote all your time to this site. What about Andy and illspirit? Havent seen them posting here lately but I know he wrote alot of the news posts on the IV site. So try getting him to contribute sometime.

As for the new layout Im really stoked about it and cant wait! smile.gif

About the dumbest poll ever, and I won't be voting. He's the actor, it's fairly certain and there's no reason to say you can debunk it, and no reason why you CAN'T play as any character, much less an older one, in GTA games or any Rockstar Games

Here's another bit to chew on, Gristle for the rumor mill... The character for The Last of Us has a beard, and he's no spring chicken, nor is Max Payne, in MP3!

So you want to see a decline in Ned Luke threads by creating a Ned Luke thread.

You're an idiot.

A new layout for THIS forum (GTAnet news or this forum in general, I mean), really nothing Rockstar is providing or endorsing...has nothing to do with GTA V, I would pretty much expect without doubt. Ask any Mod or Admin for reasoning behind the Genesis thread and Where is the Blue, and expect no answer either! hahaha

Edited by Slamman

iGrandTheftAuto

I think maybe some new information would be nice, but if seeing Ned Luke is that last thing to see at the moment then that is the last bit of information until we get more.

user posted image

i dont know why are you guys so upset about this . i am not trying to defend myself since i found  it but we pretty much got concrete proof on this . hell the man even closed his twitter account ! no prob if it goes away from the main page but imo it was news worthy since it is the only info that we have so far(apart from rockstars)

In regard to the last bit of posting, Ned Luke remains viable news, there was a report elsewhere I skimmed showing the studios in LA where he was supposed to be working to relay audio tracks to Rockstar North, I find it HIGHLY credible or probable to report on Ned Luke as the actor to voice SOMETHING in the game it's not known precisely if it's DeSalvo (sp?)

As for ^Your find, if he did close his Twitter account it was likely due to keeping things hush-hush as per Rockstar's usual non Disclosure requirements. They pick what news you pups get SPOON FED. You really can't make demands here, or anywhere.

Sorry, Charlie

Edited by Slamman