Do we really need SF and LV in GTA V?

Screewdriver

Do we "need" pieces of bread on top and bottom of our sandwhiches? Do cars "need" tyres? Do bloody fish "need" water to breathe! YES, you ponce! Of course we need San Fierro atleast in a game about California. Las Venturas take it or leave it but i feel like SF is such ancool city and so far has gotten the crappiest rendition of a city made yet. I loved SA,mbut that version of SF was rubbish.

I agree. SF had the most untapped potential. Which is why I made a Concept based in it. And I do want to see it in the future. Maybe in VI we will see a reimagined Northern California since V is a reimagined Southern California?

I dont really think we need SF and LV in GTA V and I think it might be better not to have them in V but might be good to have them as DLC addons with stories based in that DLC city. The thing is people think that R* have to have them 2 other cities to make V perfect because of San andreas being a whole state but the thing is if we saw Vice City in the trailer rather than Los Santos then we wouldnt be having disscussions about multiple cities as Vice was just Vice.

Official General

I would love to have San Fierro and Las Venturas in GTA V again, but my instinct tells me that we won't be seeing the same map in GTA V as the one in GTA : San Andreas.

I don't think we need Las Venturas, but I would very much hope we get San Fierro or a fictonalized version of San Diego at least, and other smaller cities and towns. I would love a huge, detailed Los Santos, but there definitely has got to be other cities included. I'm pretty sure Rockstar is gonna include at least one other city or two, I don't think its gonna be just Los Santos with surrounding areas with countryside.

Whatever the situation is, I wanna see more than one city, I want one major city with two smaller ones, its good to have variety. I really liked the fact that in San Andreas you were able to travel to another city for a change of scenery or maybe cause some havoc there. The freedom to do stuff like that just makes the game more re-playable.

I don´t "need" but I "want".

This.

If there are multiple cities,I would see 2 minor cities "look alike" San Diego and San Bernardino and some small towns around the country side (Palomino's Creek,Angel Pine,Dillimore,Blueberry)

I would only like LV anyway, but the problem I had with SA is SF and LV felt largely neglected like they were an excuse for a large map.

I mean people are concerned that because it's just LS it'll somehow lack variety, but things have changed since SA . IMO maps don't need more than 1 city to have variety. Like AceRay said the map will probably be so big and diverse even without SF and LV most people wont even give it a 2nd thought.

Lets remember it's a brand new location. Not SA HD.

I would only like LV anyway, but the problem I had with SA is SF and LV felt largely neglected like they were an excuse for a large map.

I mean people are concerned that because it's just LS it'll somehow lack variety, but things have changed since SA . IMO maps don't need more than 1 city to have variety. Like AceRay said the map will probably be so big and diverse even without SF and LV most people wont even give it a 2nd thought.

Well said. I think that's the problem here. People think that V will just have an HD remake of the LS from SA whither SF and LV just cut off the map. When that's not true. LS is different and will not lack variety!

Official General

I slightly disagree with you Miami. I admit that San Fierro was in San Andreas was a bit neglected and more should have been added to it, but I still really liked the feeling of being able to leave one city and go to another different city with a completely different feel. Thats what I liked about SA, the 3 cities each had their own different feel to them, when you wanted a change of scenery you just go to another city, for instance you could swap the hustle and bustle, and gang violence of Los Santos and go to a more peaceful, slower moving, tranquil San Fierro. Or just go to the bright lights of Las Venturas. I liked that variety and I would like to see that in GTA V at least to some extent.

However, I don't mind a massive, detailed Los Santos, but I would still like to see at least one other smaller different city, with rest being towns and countryside.

I think we going to see more then one cites as the trailer has gave me a clue that on the number plate of the car it says San Andreas if the game is just based on Los santos why don't they put the number plate as that so. They will be other cites probes not SF or LV probs some different cites like San diego

On the top of GTA4 license plates, you can read "State of Liberty", but you don't play more than Liberty City and Alderney.

It's because current US license plates come with the name of the state, not of the city.

I kinda feel like the city will be great, but the countryside will be really useless and only there to make the map big. I really hope there is something on the other side of it. Whether that is SF or LV or maybe a completely new city, it doesn't matter I just don't want the countryside to feel tacked on.

I think it's possible to make the game great with just Los Santos, but it's also possible that it will just end up like the whole heap of other games set in an LA type setting...

I think we going to see more then one cites as the trailer has gave me a clue that on the number plate of the car it says San Andreas  if the game is just based on Los santos why don't they put the number plate as that so. They will be other cites probes not SF or LV probs some different cites like San diego

On the top of GTA4 license plates, you can read "State of Liberty", but you don't play more than Liberty City and Alderney.

It's because current US license plates come with the name of the state, not of the city.

Ok cool don't no that something that I've learned new

I think we going to see more then one cites as the trailer has gave me a clue that on the number plate of the car it says San Andreas  if the game is just based on Los santos why don't they put the number plate as that so. They will be other cites probes not SF or LV probs some different cites like San diego

Yeah I didn't know that the license plates in IV. Said state of Liberty I always thought they said Liberty city lol

Yeah I didn't know that the license plates in IV. Said state of Liberty I always thought they said Liberty city lol

It says "Liberty City" too, but in the place where the license number should be. wink.gif