I can't sleep...

Cosmic Gypsy

My nights consist of lying in bed for hours on end with my eyes wide open.... boredom consumes ever fiber of my being.

any suggestions? yawn.gif

Just whip it out.

u talkin about my dick or my stash?...

i have done both. yawn.gif

Just don't sleep for one nigth. You will sleep like a baby on the next night.

That's what I do. In fact I'm doing that now.

Yl8KS.jpg

That does tend to work.

If you really want to sleep but your mind isn't relaxed enough, try to focus on breathing slowly and evenly. I mean really focus, so much that it's mostly all you think about- breathing slowly in and then back out. You can feel your mind relaxing as it happens and before you know it, you're really drowsy or flat out snoozing. I try it myself often.

usZpdN9.png

i just might have 2, might sort my sleep pattern out, unless i end up hibernating for days on end

@forty... my mind is cruel and riddled with unwanted paranoia and hypercondriac like perspectives, focusing on slow heavy breathing is the type of thing that triggers involuntary brain twitches and maybe mild panic attacks, honestly.... im weird.

ffs its past 7, next thing i knows its gona be daylight... suicidal.gif

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

Noob_Noobersson

start doing lots of heroin....it will knock you right out...

One small side effect to watch out for.....it might just ruin your life.....but you will sleep like a baby.....

Try get yourself in the mood for sleep before actually getting into bed. Take a nice warm shower or bath, drink a nice warm glass of milk, I don't know, just don't drink any caffeinated drinks just before bed and don't play video games or anything like that could stimulate your mind and keep you awake. Try tiring yourself out during the day. Go for a long walk outside. Do some exercise. As soon as your head hits the pillow, you'll be out. It works for me everytime.

Pop some sleeping pills. It's what I do when everything else fails. By everything else I'm thinking about every suggestion so far and after this post. EVERY SUGGESTION.

can't sleep

clown will eat me

anyway, relax your mind. If you're thinking or concentrating on something, anything, then you aren't gonna sleep. You need to relax the mind in order to sleep.

LongHairedFreakyGuy

This has been a major problem for me for years now, ever since I can remember, and probably one of the major factors of my depression. As a kid, no matter how much I'd done during the day, such as school and then hanging out with mates afterrwards, I'd still go to bed and lay there for hours, even stressing myself out to extreme due to it.

I have an over-active mind, and find myself just laying there and thinking about everything and anything, thus not being able to relax my mind.

Check some of my post-times on here, and you'll see some are at like 5 in the morning and whatnot. confused.gif

Edited by Butters 2011

More physical activities during the day bud.

More you worry and think about it, the more likely you won't sleep.

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.

I tried that a few years ago.

Now I'm nocturnal.

I tend to smoke a fat skunky and pull my dickhead until i fall asleep, i've always struggled to get to sleep, weed helps me sometimes but even when i'm high my mind refuses to settle, i find that putting on a movie you have seen alot of times helps, i can virtually recite the beverly hills cop series, jay and silent bob strike back, naked gun series and airplane 1 and 2 from memory because i've watched them so many times to fall asleep. Excercise helps aswell, i find that when i sit around doing nothing all day really comes back to f*ck me when it's bedtime, i think my body struggles to differenciate between lying in bed playing xbox all day and lying in bed trying to fall asleep, i've been known to go for 3am runs or some weight training in the garden, my neighbors must think i'm mad.

user posted imageuser posted image

I can never get much sleep no matter what, I'll lie there for a few hours then get some sleep until its bright outside which wakes me up but I just don't feel like getting out of bed, I hate it, I've tried going to bed a lot later than before but it still doesn't work. I feel tired but then when I go to bed i end up just tossing and turning for ages.

Just stay up until you naturally fall asleep with the TV/ Laptop on it's good if you're listening to a move or program because the conversations become boring after a while and then you nod off. Works all the time for me, try not forcing yourself to sleep, it never works for me.

I do loads of activities during the day, going on MW3 from 10pm to 2am. Get in bed and watch TV for hours and hours, but i never get to sleep. All i do is stay awake 'till the next days night, then fall to sleep. Then i have a nightmare (halucinating because of me being to sleepy) then i stay up for hours again, till the nightmare goes away. Then can't get to sleep again, then it just continues again and again, i can't sleep at all -_-

LongHairedFreakyGuy
...then fall to sleep...i can't sleep at all -_-

Bit of a difference between having no sleep at all, than having a nightmare and being too afraid to go to sleep. TBH, your whole post screams contradiction.

haha, thanks for the suggestions... i ended up goin to sleep at like 8 o'clock in the mornin only to have my mate come round and wake me up at 11 o'clock...

same thing tomorrow i guess.

I do loads of activities during the day, going on MW3 from 10pm to 2am. Get in bed and watch TV for hours and hours, but i never get to sleep. All i do is stay awake 'till the next days night, then fall to sleep. Then i have a nightmare (halucinating because of me being to sleepy) then i stay up for hours again, till the nightmare goes away. Then can't get to sleep again, then it just continues again and again, i can't sleep at all -_-

I remember you being pretty young, no? gaming till 2 am? O.o (I probably sound like an old man now) when I was your age... tounge.gif

also, just saying, watching television/playing games will make it harder for you to fall asleep, bright environments and/or screens will make your brain think it isn't time to sleep at all (it creates a chemical substance) thus making it harder for you to fall asleep...

read a book?

read a book?

i have read quite a few books in my time, only a few i have actually enjoyed... 99% of books are terrible in my view sad.gif

maybe if i had the book of Style Wars or a book about cultivation, that would interest me. but.... meh. it would either grasp me to the point where i would forget about sleeping, or id get bored after a couple pages.

EDIT : style wars doesnt have a book whatsthat.gif

i must be imagining things.

Tracksuit Hitman

This sounds very similar to what I used to feel, and sometimes still do feel. I'm paranoid a-lot. An example is if I hear a slight bang from my neighbours cupboards or stairs, I sometimes feel as if someone's inside my house who isn't supposed to be. I hate sleeping in the pitch black, therefore use my TV's standby light in order to have some light in my room. It's worse when I'm in the house alone for quite a while, as I'll keep going downstairs frequently to make sure nobody's there, and to make sure nothing strange is going on.

I also felt the sleep problem you're having, I sometimes still do. You're either not tired due to having long periods of sleep when you do eventually fall to sleep, or you're suffering from a minor case of insomnia. The reason I say a minor case of the insomnia case is because people with vital cases can't sleep for months, even years which can lead to other serious impacts on their health and lives. You on the other hand are having a few hours (or days) troubles, which shows that you can't fall to sleep due to some problems. It could be anything, it could even be due to stress-levels, or even your energy levels.

I have to ask. Do you drink fizzy drinks/sugary drinks (such as Coca Cola or Red Bull) before going to bed? Also, are you under any kind of stress, from minor to vital cases of stress which could be causing you to have problems sleeping?

aka geobst

read a book?

i have read quite a few books in my time, only a few i have actually enjoyed... 99% of books are terrible in my view sad.gif

maybe if i had the book of Style Wars or a book about cultivation, that would interest me. but.... meh. it would either grasp me to the point where i would forget about sleeping, or id get bored after a couple pages.

find a good author, but you want books about cultivation? O.o errrrrm I prefer thrillers or sth like that....well, for each their own preference of course confused.gif

read a book?

I'm assuming style wars is a graf DVD?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Graffiti-Books/lm/1O8DB5PRRWA5B

user posted imageuser posted image