Mod Protecting License

jovco111

Every day on GTAForums, I read about stolen mods, stolen models, and textures that belong others. So I thought, why there aren't really strong rules to protect the propertie of modders?

My idea;

My idea is to launch an site, where modders can get an MPL license. They just send an mail and in two days you get your license. This license protect your mod by the following rules;

-If your mod is uploaded without your permission, the uploader will get an warning.

-If your mod is edited or published without your credits, he will be banned from every site that suport this MPL license.

How to protect an mod?

Your mod will get his own, unique license. The license will be delivered in an .dat file. In this .dat file there is information about the creator, name mod, name game... and of course the license code. If you found your mod uploaded or edited, without your permission, he will get an message, and maybe he will banned. It's impossible to edit this .dat file, because every mod has his own code.

What do I need?

To let this system work, I need support from the biggest mod networks, like gtamodding.com and gta.net. Maybe this idea will later support sites like nfscars.net and other mod sites.

What do you think?

If you got any ideas, tips, questions, or want help, please leave an comment!

TELL WHAT YOU THINK!

thats a very very very very VERY bad idea we got enough problem with the russians ways of using a forced installer

besides in all honesty you can't legally claim copyright on mods as modding is not that allowed by rockstar and most mods are vehicles converted to other games sure you can claim it as your own mod but not legally

mods are not supported by rockstar which means you can't legally put copyright rules on them you can do it but it won't have any legal effect

Edited by zzcool

Download an examplefile here.

Soon I will launch an BETA site.

well good luck is till think it's a very bad idea but oh well

thats a very very very very VERY bad idea we got enough problem with the russians ways of using a forced installer

besides in all honesty you can't legally claim copyright on mods as modding is not that allowed by rockstar and most mods are vehicles converted to other games sure you can claim it as your own mod but not legally

mods are not supported by rockstar which means you can't legally put copyright rules on them you can do it but it won't have any legal effect

It's not forced, it's an option. And it's no install file, it's an file with information, i'ts not an executable file. And by the way, i'm am bad in English because i'm from the Netherlands, not from Russia. Check the example file and you see. Open with Notepad to see what he contains. No spyware, an trojan horse or other Russian ways to joke. However, great you comment my idea. And about the legality, this whole site goes about modding, and I dont have the idea that it must legal, so we can go to the minister of justice when someone stolen an mod. The only thing needed is support from the main gta sites, like this.

GRTZ