Visual basic 2010 help

Node

Dim attribute As System.IO.FileAttributes = IO.FileAccess.ReadWriteSystem.IO.File.SetAttributes(safold.SelectedPath, attribute)System.IO.File.Copy(safold.SelectedPath, ListBox1.Items.Item(0), True)MsgBox("Files copied")

Okay, im trying to copy a file to a folder (safold.selectedpath) and i keep getting a "Access to path [safold's path] denied" as you can see im even editing the files attributes to read and write and i still get this error, the selected path isnt read only either, so whats causing this problem?

Two possible causes I can think of. First, the path to copy the file to must contain the file name. It shouldn't be just a path to a folder to which you're copying. Second, if the file exists, File.Copy won't overwrite by default. To allow overwrite, you must call File.Copy(path_to, path_from, True).

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

If the files are in system folders such as "Program Files" or "Windows" you may need to run your program as administrator.

Thanks for the reply dudes, given up on Visual basic as its a time waster icon13.gif

Started to learn c++ using "cprogramming.com"

Im currently using codeblocks as my debugger, cause vc++ is too complicated for me suicidal.gif

VB is still a fast way to make Window based apps. smile.gif

And I think you meant to say Codeblocks as IDE ( Integrated Development Environment) ?

nightwalker83
Thanks for the reply dudes, given up on Visual basic as its a time waster icon13.gif

Started to learn c++ using "cprogramming.com"

Im currently using codeblocks as my debugger, cause vc++ is too complicated for me suicidal.gif

How are you finding C++?