Saving system on GTA V

Gulpix

Hi guys i've searched this and i noticed that nobody made a thread about this:

Do you guys like the idea of saving by sleeping in your bed like GTA IV or do you like the flying icons on GTA SA GTA VC GTA III ? Or do you suggest another way for saving smile.gif

Ex Hellraiser

I think they will keep sleeping as the mode for saving, and I've no problem with it.but gta iv also had auto save, which will obviously stay in gta v. but there also have been topics about wider ranges of save points, like sleeping in the car you are currently in, or sleeping in a bus stop or nearby park bench, which would also be fun. They would be a good idea if you are drunk, do you don't have to drive drunk to your house. Just sleep it off in the park! tounge.gif

i like the way it was in IV. it makes the game seem continous . this is because when your not playing the game, your character is asleep, which makes sense. to save while stood outside by running into a marker doesnt make any sense. is the protag just stood there for ages waiting for you to turn the game back on???

i also like the idea of being able to pay a nightly fee to sleep/save at a motel when you are on a long drive through the countryside/desert.

It takes SO f*cking long to save in GTA4 it bored me to tears. Its like watching an old person. And God help you if you saved once too many and have to save again and again so it can be daytime.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Jasper Petrol
I would like the old save system

They should bring back only being able to save the game at the church (because, as the poster outside states, Jesus Saves). In addition you could only save (in GTA2) if you had enough money.

I like GTA and Saints Row

You should be able to save anywhere at any time. You shouldn't have to go all the way to your nearest safehouse just to save. This feature was in Chinatown Wars and Red Dead Redemption so I see no reason why it won't be the same with V. Sleeping should still advance time though.

You should be able to save anywhere at any time. You shouldn't have to go all the way to your nearest safehouse just to save. This feature was in Chinatown Wars and Red Dead Redemption so I see no reason why it won't be the same with V. Sleeping should still advance time though.

yeah I agree with this

icon14.gif

Halo_Override

Sleep in a safehouse = passes eight game hours, saves your game, restores your health.

Sleep in your car = passes four game hours, saves your game, but with no healing.

That's what I'd love to see. (But I'm not expecting it.)

Ruthless_Villain

yeah I agree with this

icon14.gif

Exactly! I hate it when i don't want to play anymore or I have to leave but can't save because i'm not in the right spot. It's retarted that i have to go to a certain point to save. What if i'm in a hurry? Please fix this!

Exactly! I hate it when i don't want to play anymore or I have to leave but can't save because i'm not in the right spot. It's retarted that i have to go to a certain point to save. What if i'm in a hurry? Please fix this!

Turn autosave on?

It takes SO f*cking long to save in GTA4 it bored me to tears. Its like watching an old person. And God help you if you saved once too many and have to save again and again so it can be daytime.

You don't have to save to skip time, just lie down and exit the menu. It will still skip 6 hours.

Ruthless_Villain

Turn autosave on?

You don't have to save to skip time, just lie down and exit the menu. It will still skip 6 hours.

Even if I turn autosave on it isn't going to save until it gets to a certain point. I would just like to be able to control my own saves.

Turn autosave on?

Even if I turn autosave on it isn't going to save until it gets to a certain point. I would just like to be able to control my own saves.

I'm sure it auto-saves after every mission. As for outside of missions, taking a taxi to your safe house and saving takes around 30 seconds max.

Turn autosave on?

I'm sure it auto-saves after every mission. As for outside of missions, taking a taxi to your safe house and saving takes around 30 seconds max.

And it takes 10 seconds max to press pause and click on save. No matter what way you put it, there's no logical reason to force the player to go to go to another location just to save. There's no benefits to it whatsoever. There are benefits to being able to save where you want, even if you see them as small. Plus what if there are no taxis around? GTA V isn't GTA IV. There will likely be varied environments this time round. What if I'm in the mountains or any other area that's far from either a taxi or a safehouse? Just give me the ability to save when and where I want. There's no downside to it.

Ruthless_Villain

Turn autosave on?

And it takes 10 seconds max to press pause and click on save. No matter what way you put it, there's no logical reason to force the player to go to go to another location just to save. There's no benefits to it whatsoever. There are benefits to being able to save where you want, even if you see them as small. Plus what if there are no taxis around? GTA V isn't GTA IV. There will likely be varied environments this time round. What if I'm in the mountains or any other area that's far from either a taxi or a safehouse? Just give me the ability to save when and where I want. There's no downside to it.

Thank you sir!

Hi guys i've searched this and i noticed that nobody made a thread about this:

Do you guys like the idea of saving by sleeping in your bed like GTA IV or do you like the flying icons on GTA SA GTA VC GTA III ? Or do you suggest another way for saving smile.gif

The bed thing is good, with IV they decided to stay as far away from floaty icons as much as possible.

It's good that way.

Turn autosave on?

This is very true, touche.

Although I think they wont use a anywhere-save feature. I think they'll probably find more ways to utilize the sleeping way. Maybe hotel/motel stops etc. But yeah if they did include the anywhere save, that would be great for many reasons. I was just stating that in IV, considering the taxi's and size, I didn't find it a problem really.

Edited by Dystopia

Turn autosave on?

Then what would the safehouses serve as a purpose for? They are considered as only "save areas".

1st world problems.

Back on topic im fine the way it is, don't really care either way.

Harwood Butch3r

We should be able to save from the menu IMO. Keep the traditional safehouse method (It wouldn't remove the purpose of safehouses as we still need to change clothes and use the TV) and auto save, but if I'm out in the middle of nowhere I don't want to trek it back to the nearest safehouse just to save.

This pissed me off to no end in SA.

Why not add a "skip to destination" thing, so you can quickly get to your safe house and save. Another thing is that they already have auto save for after every mission, so why use the quick save anway?

Why not add a "skip to destination" thing, so you can quickly get to your safe house and save.

A taxi ride can get you to your safe house in no time. wink.gif

It would be cool if we had a system for cars that was similar to the campsite system in RDR. Maybe if we have a four door car, we can pull up to a safe place (Have a "You can't park here" system if you're on the road) and use the car to save. I like the idea of having to go to sleep to save properly; it adds to the immersion. It can be annoying sometimes though.

If it was a flying icon, I would want it to be a DVD/BluRay or USB Stick Icon because of the time setting (2012). Otherwise, I would like the sleep in bed like GTA IV. Autosaving? DEFINITELY!

Save Systems on previous GTA's (with my favourite ones in brackets):

GTA1 - None

GTA2 - Church

(GTA III - Entering a building with the doors closing)

GTA VC - Cassette Icon

GTA SA - Diskette Icon

(GTA LCS - CD Icon)

GTA VCS - Large Diskette Icon

(GTA IV - Sleep in Bed)

GTA CTW - Click on Couch

Manual saves would be sweet. Imagine playing a mission where you have to kill a very important guy and it's crews you kill the crews you have low health the important guy runs across the street and a car comes from nowhere and hits you and you die. The auto save will probably take you back where you have to kill the crew, but with manual save you could save when there is only important person left so if you do die you go where you saved. How about the chase missions how are you going to leave the mission area and get a taxi go to your safehouse to save it will tell you the guy escaped or you left the mission area.

Something new should be tried this time. I don't know even if I am close but there can be list full of options in safehouse and an option to save selecting which our progress is saved. Maybe an icon would be the key to trigger this list.

user posted image

Turn autosave on?

Then what would the safehouses serve as a purpose for? They are considered as only "save areas".

Places to change your clothes, places to advance the in-game time, places where you can refill your weapons/ammo, places where you can get vehicles out of your garage etc.

Maybe, like, just go out at night then.

Or are you afraid of the dark?

---------

Back to the topic:

The current save system is fine - it adds a little more realism, is as much as you return to your home when you're done doing whatever the hell it is you do. The safehouse system works really well.

Signatures are dumb anyway.