Cop Fighting: Evolution

TrialzGTAS

We all know we had a lengthy cop fight in our GTA career. As for every GTA, we are sure to ask ourselves what will be different? I know it was only one trailer, but from speculation, and observation, what do you think we can expect in V?

They better change it a lot. The police AI in V was sorely lacking. If you dont believe me go into the cluckin bell at star junction and see how long you can just shoot a few guys and hold off THE ENTIRE NYPD POLICE FORCE with a few handguns and some grenades. Usually it goes on for so long that I get bored.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

They better change it a lot. The police AI in V was sorely lacking. If you dont believe me go into the cluckin bell at star junction and see how long you can just shoot a few guys and hold off THE ENTIRE NYPD POLICE FORCE with a few handguns and some grenades. Usually it goes on for so long that I get bored.

The police AI in IV was better than any other GTA, ever. Stop trolling.

grovestreet2010

I did that. I was at it for an hour and then I ran out of ammo. They weren't really that bad, they just ran in without caution.

I never stay inside of a building more than 15 minutes... Im usually on the streets for 3 damn hours.

I just hope they can do something with the shotgun cops. They ONLY GET ME WHEN I RELOAD, AND GET HIT BY A COP CAR!!!!

Wow, thats like someone saying "this sandwhich is good but could be better." and then you come along and say "ITS THE GREATEST SANDWHICH EVER, STOP TROLLING". Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Other people are allowed to have opinions.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Vegetarian Piranha

i love the cop chases though, they are so stupid which makes it really fun. reminds me of the cops in Dukes of Hazzard.

The cop AI has been like that forever. I used to do the same thing you mention in the pizza stores in VC. The pursuit AI was massively improved in IV compared to past games but they are just as dumb as ever when they have you backed into a corner. They need flashbangss or need to be programmed to rush in larger groups that aren't as easy to spray down.

Wow, thats like someone saying "this sandwhich is good but could be better." and then you come along and say "ITS THE GREATEST SANDWHICH EVER, STOP TROLLING". Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Other people are allowed to have opinions.

I think your being a jackass for publicity and attention lol, everything you say is anti gta and R* yet you claim your a "FAN".

I think your being a jackass for publicity and attention lol, everything you say is anti gta and R* yet you claim your a "FAN".

Look , most of Zee's posts are borderline trolling but he brought up a valid point. IV's police AI was terrible if you were in building like that clucking bell. They just waltz in single file to be sprayed down. They need to develop some strategy for counteracting you being in a one way entrance building. Like flashbangs , moving in larger groups that aren't easy to just hose down or a combination of both.

The-San-Andreas-man

Look , most of Zee's posts are borderline trolling but he brought up a valid point. IV's police AI was terrible if you were in building like that clucking bell. They just waltz in single file to be sprayed down. They need to develop some strategy for counteracting you being in a one way entrance building. Like flashbangs , moving in larger groups that aren't easy to just hose down or a combination of both.

And make it really hard? Maybe at 6 stars it gets that difficult, but at 1-4 stars it shouldn't be too hard, it should be fun. I do think the police AI could be improved though.

And make it really hard? Maybe at 6 stars it gets that difficult, but at 1-4 stars it shouldn't be too hard, it should be fun. I do think the police AI could be improved though.

How about SWAT teams use flashbangs and they only star showing up at 4 stars ? In IV NooSE really didn't use any special tactics at all. They just crouched. I can accept the beat cops being dumb as rocks but once special teams start showing up they need to be more of a threat.

Your opinion is not worth sh*t to any of us members on this forum anymore. No one takes you seriously.

TheShogunOfHarlem

The cop AI has been like that forever. I used to do the same thing you mention in the pizza stores in VC. The pursuit AI was massively improved in IV compared to past games but they are just as dumb as ever when they have you backed into a corner. They need flashbangss or need to be programmed to rush in larger groups that aren't as easy to spray down.

I'd rather not see Cop AI rush my position regardless of numbers. It's a fundamentally stupid tactic. They should be more cautious and flank when the advantage is theirs and retreat when it's not. Suppressing fire is a must and any tactic that forces you out of cover would be optimal. I do like the idea of flashbangs and would add tear gas and frag grenades as some cover busters.

The M32 MGL would be a perfect riot gun.

user posted image

Hahaha, hilarious analogy biggrin.gif

We have heard your opinions about how sh*t GTAIV was millions of times, we see you don't like the greatest game of the franchise, so let us, who do like it, have OUR opinion... You whine about the best parts of the game...jesus.

they should do it so when u get 6 stars jets with rockets, tanks, 5 swat teams and the army come after u, and if u survive that they send........ CHUCK NORRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather not see Cop AI rush my position regardless of numbers. It's a fundamentally stupid tactic. They should be more cautious and flank when the advantage is theirs and retreat when it's not. Suppressing fire is a must and any tactic that forces you out of cover would be optimal. I do like the idea of flashbangs and would add tear gas and frag grenades as some cover busters.

There's reason I said move and not rush. I want to see tactics applied. Like a flashbang flying in and them immediately capitalizing on it by moving in. I've never thought of tear gas before. How would it work ? Would it simply blur your vision or go as far to actually damage you ?

We have heard your opinions about how sh*t GTAIV was millions of times, we see you don't like the greatest game of the franchise, so let us, who do like it, have OUR opinion... You whine about the best parts of the game...jesus.

The cops AI blindingly rushing your well defended position single file is hardly the best part of the game.

The cops in IV were really good, however, they were too stipid and suicidal. The cops should also use the PIT manouver too.

How about SWAT teams use flashbangs and they only star showing up at 4 stars ? In IV NooSE really didn't use any special tactics at all. They just crouched. I can accept the beat cops being dumb as rocks but once special teams start showing up they need to be more of a threat.

not downing what u said but SWAT officer's are (or were) beat cops. if it can be implemented they should revamp the cop AI drastically. If you barricade yourself in a building that has stairs...and SWAT is called...they should have the ability to flashbang and rope in via helicopter and swarm ur barricaded a$$ biggrin.gif. SWAT should have better weapons and tools with a subtle change in tactics. cops for the majority use the same tactics no matter... I for one think that cops should be more challenging. we'll get use to the difficulty after some time of playing

they should do it so when u get 6 stars jets with rockets, tanks, 5 swat teams and the army come after u, and if u survive that they send........ CHUCK NORRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could everyone get off chuck norris nutsack already? I think the love affair over him is too much.

Mr Bubbleguts

I pray that you can get beat up by multiple cops at the same time, and police dogs are in. That would reflect what goes on today, cops are cowards... Oh yeah cops should be allowed to choke hold you too

G1T

Im not really fussed about the AI Police I think they where great as they gave funny police chases and some of the stuff they would say was really funny, But the shootouts are good yea there stupid enough to get killed but its not like they have a limted number of police officers is it? , But I do see where most of you are oming from saying they should be a bit smarter and im sure rockstar will tweak it abit. Im hoping the army comes back in V haaha :')

TheShogunOfHarlem

There's reason I said move and not rush. I want to see tactics applied. Like a flashbang flying in and them immediately capitalizing on it by moving in. I've never thought of tear gas before. How would it work ? Would it simply blur your vision or go as far to actually damage you ?

The cops AI blindingly rushing your well defended position single file is hardly the best part of the game.

Okay, I see what you mean and it would be just fine. I'm assuming you mean doing door breaching and room clearing tactics.

As for tear gas, It's shouldn't do much damage if any at all. It's primary focus as you suggest would be temporarily blinding/blurring your vision and affecting you mobility. (like a variation of getting drunk in GTA 4) Of course Gas mask should be able to protect you if you have one.

I would hope that GTA 5 would have some non-lethal weapons and riot police tactics.

Trying not to get butt-raped here D=

What!?! I want to be challenged. AI should at least be competant and be capable of using all the weapons the MC is able to use.

Edited by TheShogunOfHarlem

Okay, I see what you mean and it would be just fine. I'm assuming you mean doing door breaching and room clearing tactics.

As for tear gas, It's shouldn't do much damage if any at all. It's primary focus ass you suggest would be temporarily blinding/blurring your vision and affecting you mobility. (like a variation of getting drunk in GTA 4) Of course Gas mask should be able to protect you if you have one.

I would hope that GTA 5 would have some non-lethal weapons and riot police tactics.

Yeah room clearing tactics. The way you described tear gas would be pretty cool. Make it start out not stumbling you but simply blurring your vision. The longer you stay in it the worse the affects get. To what you said about non lethal weapons , I hope the police get tasers and batons.

TheShogunOfHarlem

As for tear gas, It's shouldn't do much damage if any at all. It's primary focus ass you suggest would be temporarily blinding/blurring your vision and affecting you mobility. (like a variation of getting drunk in GTA 4) Of course Gas mask should be able to protect you if you have one.

Yeah room clearing tactics. The way you described tear gas would be pretty cool. Make it start out not stumbling you but simply blurring your vision. The longer you stay in it the worse the affects get. To what you said about non lethal weapons , I hope the police get tasers and batons.

Agreed.

A funny thought just came to me, what if some normal civilians carried non lethal weapons like mace/pepper spray or stun guns. (Cops should carry air tasers)

Agreed.

A funny thought just came to me, what if some normal civilians carried non lethal weapons like mace/pepper spray or stun guns. (Cops should carry air tasers)

In Saints Row 2 random civilians would carry tasers and mace/pepper spray. It was pretty funny to go and punch a guy and he would just tase you out of nowhere. I would definitely like to see that in GTA.

Edited by J-B