1. 1. Big map or More content

• Big Map
    • More content
    • Other
    • Hell no(just a joke)

More content AND A big map.

That's pushing current gen consoles to the limit

The_Mario_Man

I'm really not seeing where people get the idea that a larger play environment means less content. At the time of its release San Andreas was friggen huge, and boasted the most content of any GTA. I think V will be more or less the same story.

When have they done anything less?

Edited by The_Mario_Man

vertical limit
Why not both ?

Exactly, why not both?

I mean look at how games are developed nowadays.

LA Noire - 3 disks

Battlefield 3 - 2 discs with HD Pack

Both

There's no reason why they can't take advantage of each console to an even greater degree than what they did with IV, it's the next logical step.

GTA isn't like the tart of the gaming industry Call of Duty which hasn't fundamentally changed since 2005.

idc if its 30 discs, as long as its a good and very fun game. and better than gta iv

I'm sure you'd be the first one complaining if there were 30 disks. I'm glad I have a PS3 along with a 360, any game that needs disk swapping on 360 I get for PS3. It just seems like a pain in the ass.

idc if its 30 discs, as long as its a good and very fun game. and better than gta iv

I'm sure you'd be the first one complaining if there were 30 disks. I'm glad I have a PS3 along with a 360, any game that needs disk swapping on 360 I get for PS3. It just seems like a pain in the ass.

Same here. I like my 360 and PS3 but if GTAV is 2 or 3 discs on the 360 I'm getting it for the PS3. If R* can make a nice sized map like San Andreas with a good amount of activities for the PS2 then why can't GTAV have the best of both worlds.

The only reason I purchased GTAIV for the 360 is because all my friends had a 360.

They should make the map as large as it can possibly be WHILE sustaining the graphics and the content intended for the game. RDR boasted a map 4 or 3 times larger than San Andreas, but then again, RDR was mostly countryside. I would expect San Andreas size AT LEAST, and preferably a lot more. No step backwards! Always expand the map!

For me the map size would have to be at least as big as GTA4 but with more variety,

For me GTA4 was too much city/town space,

to give you an idea on how big GTA4 really was, is that for all the missions including the expansions, each mission had a unique location

I'm sure a lot of you no GTA4's liberty city like the back of your hand, but I still have to refer to the main/mini map, which is something I did not have to do in previous GTA'S (even though SA was bigger?)

For me, an open world sandbox game map has to be a well designed playground. That might sound a bit silly but from day one it needs to be built with fun in mind, every area should be designed with what the player can do there in mind. Many many open world games either don't do this or just failed miserably at it, Rockstar rarely (if ever) mess this up but IV's Liberty City lacked variety. Honestly, I'd be fine with a map the size of SA as long as it was packed with Rockstar's level of detail and had as much variety as SA. I'm hoping it's a bit bigger than SA though, to accommodate for a bigger main city if there is just the one and as much hills, countryside, desert and moutains as their is city.

''Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.''

largest - means that its going to be bigger then GTA IV

most ambitious - means content, story, etc.

there you go.. biggrin.gif

blowtorchrepair
More content AND A big map.

limits are there to be pushed

Out of open world games, seems like GTA runs the smallest...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads...ame-worlds2.jpg

lol that comparison is completely wrong, burnout paradise was no where near that big.

I've seen that before and there is no way that half a street in Burnout Paradise is larger that a whole region of WOW. WOW needs to be bigger and BP needs to be smaller.

OT: where is detailed map?

ikillionaire ii

As a 360 player if it is multiple discs as long the whole map is on one disc (like la noire) then I dont mind how many discs there are

If they're trying to one-up RDR, improved the graphics above RDR, and contain an intensely detailed city like GTA IV then that's truly incredible. RDR was huge and pretty, but most of it was wilderness.... having a giant-ass city will really push it.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Yeah, that bullshi­t comparison map is always flaunted by the usual jackasses. Just skimming over the damn thing for more than ten seconds, you'll easily be able to pick up on just how out of proportion it is.

tetragrammaton
Out of open world games, seems like GTA runs the smallest...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads...ame-worlds2.jpg

According to that image, 2 city blocks of Burnout: Paradise is as big as Portland as a whole. There's no way this is correct.

Yes, and compare roads on SA and Burnout: Paradise, in Burnout, they are so big compared to SA, so its incorrect

For JC2 the same, they have to equal the road widht´s on all games. Then we will have a real comparison!

Speaking of BIG MAPS, you should check mine out some time, it's HUMONGOUS!!

Anywho, seriously, I think it won't be unlike most GTA games or even RDR, you'll have to travel some baron expanse to get where you need to go. Take the wind turbine farm from the trailer, I watched and paused the trailer a few times, and there's only really that one road you see animated with a truck on it. Where are those satellite dishes from San An PS2?

The map is begging to be explored further, that's what is keeping my interest, I need to see more of the SANDBOX!