GRAND Theft Auto

MAN IN THE DARK

MAN IN THE DARK

For me name of the series mean great potential. You (player) highjack a car and then BOOM take from that car everything it have. Kill pedestrians, running from the police and of course Crash It then its over.

So much for a car any car in grand theft auto world

...Grand Theft Auto is a term in the courts. A person could be sentenced for grand theft auto. It's simply called like that.

Moved to GTA Series chat.

I've never got why stealing a Vehicle is considered 'Grand' tounge.gif

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

The cost of the vehicle is greater than $1000.

It has been a term since back when cars were just below and just above $1000 brand new.

Some cars worth a tad less were not considered as big of an issue or long term of a sentencing.

Grand is a term that is used when people mean "1000s of". Doesn't mean "big". but big is implied.

For me name of the series mean great potential. You (player) highjack a car and then BOOM take from that car everything it have. Kill pedestrians, running from the police and of course Crash It then its over.

and no GTA is not about that.

any of that is your doing, your choice.

you can chose to avoid that stuff.

unless you play the missions. Some missions require cars and well.. there is no place to buy a car.

There should be though.

The cost of the vehicle is greater than $1000.

It has been a term since back when cars were just below and just above $1000 brand new.

Some cars worth a tad less were not considered as big of an issue or long term of a sentencing.

Grand is a term that is used when people mean "1000s of". Doesn't mean "big". but big is implied.

and no GTA is not about that.

any of that is your doing, your choice.

you can chose to avoid that stuff.

unless you play the missions. Some missions require cars and well.. there is no place to buy a car.

There should be though.

State of California Anything stolen over a value of 400$ is considered Grand Theft and is a felony.

The game title comes from the crime of GTA, Grand Theft Auto. Please know how to separate art and fiction from the Real World, when crime is real, there's nothing "GRAND" about it. As it refers to crime, it just means "BIG" as in a criminal act with weight to it. Like Grand Larceny

Consider the fact that GTA2 was originally supposed to be called "Grievous Bodily Harm", another formal court name of a crime. If they stuck with it, I wonder what theme names would the next GTAs have?

Problemses?