Map like JC2?

gtafreak103

This is Jc2's map user posted image

This is SA's map. user posted image

Now you see compared to SA's map it's bigger.Even zoomed out it's bigger. But with a new redesigned Los Santos and countryside will it be as big as JC2's map. With more city ang lots of countryside.

While JC2 was big it lacked content. Well I guess that is a unfair assumption. It did not lack content it just had too much repetitive content.

The world was massive though and to that i give them a lot of credit. Visually stunning as well.

Oh god not this again. I've put over 40 hours into JC2 messing around in the world blowing sh*t up. It's a fun game. It's landscape looks nice but there is a massive amount of copy/paste that is very noticeable.

I'd rather have a map that is smaller with more unique areas.

Edited by J-B

Maybe possible. Quality>Quantity in my eyes.

You have to think of the content of Los Angeles, its far more detailed than a couple of islands.

JC2 is a terrible game with a huge and empty map that offered no sense of exploration. Its developers should take a note from Rockstar and make the maps denser and more detailed, not just huge.

JC2 is apparently 29 times bigger than GTA SA. Did they hire 29 times as many artists to design it? lol.gif

blowtorchrepair

I played JC2 for about 3-4 hours, on and off, yesterday. It's a nice switch from GTA games and, had the game came with decent online multi-player and COOP I think opinions would be different about the game. I love the map and, although the map doesn't have the cultural detail and personality as a R* game, it's still fun military third person shooter with crazy weapons that would be such a fun multi-player theater if only... So I have high hopes for Just Cause 3, rumored to be out next year. Keep in mind that JC2 represents an Island nation mostly covered with rural villages and just a few cities (not a recreation of NYC or LA)

A map with JC2's size and R*'s detail, humor and culture, and a perfect online multiplayer/coop setup would be surreal.

EncryptedReality

Just Cause maps , as they are designed they look to me like they were generated using a application like Cityscape

The funny part is that the dimensions between those two pictures are ridiculous - IV's Liberty City is hardly as big as any of the islands in JC2.

However, IV's map is so, so much more detail that it's way better (in a way) than Just Cause 2's - quality over quantity.

8wjrzl.png

blowtorchrepair
The funny part is that the dimensions between those two pictures are ridiculous - IV's Liberty City is hardly as big as any of the islands in JC2.

However, IV's map is so, so much more detail that it's way better (in a way) than Just Cause 2's - quality over quantity.

while the Liberty City is much more detailed than the cities in JC2, the detail and overall presentation of nature in JC2 blows GTA IV out of the water.

of course, when I'm parachuting and grappling around Panau while trying to escape a military chopper's gun fire, and find health and weapons, details such as garbage in an alley or dildos in a dumpster aren't really all that important to me.

I think it will be bigger than the pathetically small GTA4. However, I dont think Vs map will be anywhere near JC2s map, it just cant touch it with lame LA as its only city

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

while the Liberty City is much more detailed than the cities in JC2, the detail and overall presentation of nature in JC2 blows GTA IV out of the water.

of course, when I'm parachuting and grappling around Panau while trying to escape a military chopper's gun fire, and find health and weapons, details such as garbage in an alley or dildos in a dumpster aren't really all that important to me.

Yeah, Just Cause 2's graphics are from another world.

But I think that it's pretty paradoxical to compare JC2's graphics to IV's details - gameplay-wise, Just Cause 2 needs to have an enormous map with less details, and IV demands detail which, then again, blocks the creators from creating a huge map.

8wjrzl.png

blowtorchrepair

JC2's map is a great illusion tho'. I'll bet that the land masses, in a plane, don't have a total area all that impressive. a good portion of that map is water, and the topography of the map, unlike mostly flat Liberty City, in large part adds a sense of exploration. JC3 could be the game, if Avalanche gets it right with online MP and COOP.

add a few cities like LC to a map like that of JC2 and you'd then have a wicked game. maybe next gen consoles will be able to handle such a creation.

GTA V has some hard acts to follow in terms of visuals. Can't wait to see it tho'. I'm sure R* will blow us all away.

Honestly I don't know why people compare Just Cause 2 to GTA, they are two totally different types of games. I know that they are both sandbox games, but one is an absurd military game and the other is a game to do with crime. I am not hating on GTA, I LOVE them both. Anyway back on topic, as has been pointed out life in JC2 is very repetitive and if we had a map the size of JC2 we would have to sacrifice the beautiful graphics.

Harwood Butch3r

As I've said before I actually found GTA IV's LC more interesting than the entire island of Panua. Sure it looked stunning, but I thought it was too big and the world felt as dead as a corpse.

I understand that people want more to explore, but I don't feel GTA needs the biggest map on the market. I'm expecting GTA V to be bigger than GTA IV obviously, but I don't care if it's not as big as games like Skyrim, JC2, Far Cry 2 etc.

Have we all forgotten GTA III and VC and how incredibly fun they were despite having very small maps? I'm not saying make a map the same size, but I'm just saying that once upon a time hardly anyone cared about map size and even still some PC games back at that time had way bigger maps than GTA III and VC, but it wasn't the biggest priority for GTA players. Things seemed to change when SA came along.

IMO GTA IV was "goldy locks" for a single city. Not too big and not too small. Just right. RDR also had a great size for a western/rural setting.

I would rather R* concentrate on finer details than making the biggest map they possibly can.

Edited by Miamivicecity

• 1 year later...
This is Jc2's map user posted image

This is SA's map. user posted image

Now you see compared to SA's map it's bigger.Even zoomed out it's bigger. But with a new redesigned Los Santos and countryside will it be as big as JC2's map. With more city ang lots of countryside.

How Did You Make Sa Map With VC And Lc I Want The Mod Plz

Good lord do you know anything about this game? GTAV is RDR + SA + GTAIV which is roughly 25-30sq miles. JC2 is 400sq miles. End of discussion.

I just want to map to be as big as it needs to be. In that I mean not just big for the sake of being big, but large enough to comfortably accommodate all the missions/side missions/jobs while still having plenty of areas to explore that are not included in missions. If it ends up as big as JC2 then so be it, but I wouldn't mind if it's smaller.

Useless bump.

Anyways, JC2 map was created using a random terrain generator and GTA V map is being hand sculpted and designed right down to the sea bed. Nothing further to discuss really.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Sometimes when I'm bored I'll think hey I wanna play JC2 just to fly around the map a bit. But then I remember it's JC2.. Within a few minutes I'm more bored while playing it. I want a big map from R*'s perspective b/c I know although it isn't the biggest its so much more detailed and unique. I like the idea of JC2's map, but hate what it actually is.

ExtremoMania
This thread is pretty old... someone should lock this instead.