McDonalds

ldee

Seriously I mean come on. KFC has far better chicken, and Burger King has much better beef. The only burger that isn't inferior is the Filet-O-Fish and come on who eats fishburgers besides half-assed vegetarians, and let's face it those guys have better, non-fast-food choices for their fishy needs.

I've eaten at those 3 chains in the UK, Asia and Australia, which is where I concluded their beef-and-chicken inferiority from. Solid enough credibility if you ask me. I don't know about Europe, but I might just check it out when I go there next year and it will probably be the same. Maybe it's different in the USA, but I doubt that.

So why do you people even like McDonalds? Or are the huge crowds there just the tasteless bunch?

G1T

I've eaten at those 3 chains in the UK, Asia and Australia, which is where I concluded their beef-and-chicken inferiority from. Solid enough credibility if you ask me.

So that makes you right and those that prefer McDonalds wrong?

FWIW, I would agree but some just prefer the overall taste. That's personal preference and that's why we have the choice to eat there or not in the first place.

Burger King has got to be my favorite fast food joint. Five Guys and In 'N' Out burger are pretty great burger joints in my opinion. All I have around here is Five Guys because In 'N' Out burger is only on the west coast I believe. But I was able to try them out when I was in Vegas. Good stuff.

While I agree that McDonald's is the inferior brand of burger here, you're hardly a connoisseur of all things fast food just because you've eaten in three different areas of the world. It entitles you to a broad opinion, sure, but I wouldn't brand you an expert by any means. I prefer the fries from McDonald's and the burgers from BK. Can't they just merge and call themselves a name that isn't as crappy?

leik oh em jeez!

I eat at McDonalds all the time and can assure you are right. Most of it tastes like pure preservatives. We eat it because it's cheap.

That said, the premium chicken isn't bad, and neither are the McGriddles.

To me Burger King has far better beef and fries, chicken depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I want a breaded chicken sandwich, I'll go to McDonalds. If I want grilled chicken, I'll go to BK. Only thing I EVER get from Hardees for lunch/dinner is a Monster Thickburger, or Chicken Club.

Wendy's is good, but WAY too expensive. They recently made some of their burgers 25% bigger, and 60% more expensive. Yeah, sure, NOW it's a good deal. monocle.gif

KFC and Chick-fil-a are great, but there's not many of them around here. Taco Bell is to die for if you get the right food. For me, the Chicken Quesadilla, Grilled Stuft XXL Steak Burrito, Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Chicken Chalupa, Volcano Taco, and Chicken flatbreads are good. Just about everything else is meh.

Plus, kids seem to go crazy for McDonalds, not sure why. I've always preferred Burger King.

Edited by leik oh em jeez!

We eat it because it's cheap.

This is why most people eat it. KFC has better chicken, but their value menu sandwich the Snacker is very dry and has too much bread. Wendy's value menu is lacking in quality choices, Burger King is decent but can be very greasy. McDonald's angus burgers and premium chicken sandwiches are actually pretty solid for what they are.

It's too bad most of you don't have Whataburger, which originated here in Texas and is mostly only in the south. They make some mean f*ckin fast food. Their honey bbq chicken sandwich is, for my money, the greatest single sandwich in all of American fast food. Here's a photo:

user posted image

Homemade honey barbecue sauce, swiss cheese, soft bun (not a fan of the toast option), and three huge chicken strips. Not a cut chicken filet like you find on most sandwiches, but three actual giant strips that they normally use in their chicken strip combo. Truly amazing sandwich. Life changing, even. It's like the first time I heard the Beatles.

Edited by Forty

usZpdN9.png

leik oh em jeez!

That does look fairly good, makes me wish we had some of those around here. Also makes me want a Honey BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger, or Chicken Bacon & Swiss.

Micky D... I started there when the cheese burgers were 18¢ and the fries a dime.

I like the quick service, the construction of the simple burger with cheese and pickle.

The Fries (chips) are the the best (when salted).

The Nuggets taste like Chicken at Micky D. I once got some at KFC and they tasted like plastic.

My favorite is the 1/4# with Cheese now.

I only wish they still sold Root Beer.

Burger King is always slow, and by the time I get their's the meat is either cold or at best warm. BK fries always taste 'off'. But they do have Root Beer.

So I get my burgers and fries at MD and RB at BK. smile.gif

I don't go to Wendy's because of the their cheap tricks. The menu said it was $1.50. I ordered a Cheese Burger and was asked if I wanted pickle, catchup, etc. The Buggers charged me $2.00, as they charged extra for condiments sad.gif

We have a something here in Manchester, I think it's called Southern Eleven (maybe a play on the American 7/11 chains, I don't know) that sells food from the southern states of America. Really tasty, really... ehh, authentic, I'd go so far as saying. I can't say it's true to life because I've never had real southern state food, but I imagine it's pretty damn close. A lot of the meat they use has this amazing hickory flavour that just dances on your tongue, it's heaven.

LoveMediaExecutive

I don't care too much for their big value meals at McDonald's but I do like those cheeseburgers on their dollar menu, plus I drop in just for drinks as around here they have all their large drinks for a dollar.

I kind of prefer Long John Silver's chicken to KFC's nowadays plus the local Walmart has some really good popcorn chicken in their deli, the local BK's seem to have gone down hill a little in terms of meat on the bun, last few times I got a Whopper the bun was twice the size of the patty itself. The local Subway sandwich shops are always good, Taco Bell has their five dollar boxes which have are just perfect, and as someone said Wendy's has gone up in price but I've found a much better substitute with Steak N' Shake, although in French Fry category my favorite is Checkers/Rallys.

If I could chose the perfect combo of best fries and burgers, it would be Steak N' Shakes well made and inexpensive burgers with Checkers/Rallys fries, with Strawberry Limeaide from Sonic! biggrin.gif

leik oh em jeez!
We have a something here in Manchester, I think it's called Southern Eleven (maybe a play on the American 7/11 chains, I don't know) that sells food from the southern states of America. Really tasty, really... ehh, authentic, I'd go so far as saying. I can't say it's true to life because I've never had real southern state food, but I imagine it's pretty damn close. A lot of the meat they use has this amazing hickory flavour that just dances on your tongue, it's heaven.

Take some chicken, a few different BBQ sauces, throw it on a charcoal grill, and you've got authentic southern food. Fried chicken isn't so easy to recreate... No one makes it like my grandmother does. You can use brown eggs instead of white eggs, too. They always taste better at my grandmother's house but that might just be because they're fresh.

You should also try bison steak. It's f*cking great. Like a very lean beef steak, but better.

Isn't that why I'm asking you guys? The Captains Obvious here.. since when it takes an expert to tell that McDonalds feels lower quality with less juicy beef patties and those sponge-like tasteless chicken patties. And BK/KFC has better sauce and filling as well. That's to me.

G1T

You guy's have reminded me of something I think is weird.

How come:

Popeye's, and Long John Silver

Sell CHICKEN... I would think by their name they would be selling Fish.

Whimpy's does sell burgers, as it should...

There actually is a huge difference between USA Mcdonalds and Europe Mcdonalds. Portions are way larger obviously but the real difference is that the beef is actually very good quality. I tried the Angus Deluxe while visiting the USA. I totally expected the same pieces of sh*t that are served in Europe. I was wrong though, it was a great burger. Too bad I can't have anymore now... haven't visited any Mcdonalds ever since too. It is not cheap here either, it is way overpriced and filled with disgusting chemicals.

Anyone ever tried a hamburger from Dairy Queen in the states? I've always wondered if they were any good.

fV9tG4b.gif

A lot of the meat they use has this amazing hickory flavour that just dances on your tongue, it's heaven.

Here in the U.S. if you serve people food that dances on their tongue you are usually in line for a massive lawsuit.

Take some chicken, a few different BBQ sauces, throw it on a charcoal grill, and you've got authentic southern food

LOL that's all there is to it, eh? sarcasm.gif

Anyone ever tried a hamburger from Dairy Queen in the states? I've always wondered if they were any good.

Dairy Queen is the kind of place you go to for their desserts called Blizzards. f*cking amazing.

user posted image

Only thing I love from McDonalds

user posted image

Hot and spicy McChicken, son! Word.

usZpdN9.png

Only thing I love from McDonalds

user posted image

Hot and spicy McChicken, son! Word.

It's called McSpicy in my country actually.

You know what's better than a McSpicy? A Double McSpicy.

user posted image

I actually like it.

I like the fries but more specifically the angus burgers.

In a country where you only get to choose between KFC and McDonalds, the latter wins. Not to mention, KFC has far less outlets than McDonalds. If I'm craving for a burger and fries, I'll visit McDonalds. I always opt for the McChicken meal. If I'm craving for some good, fried chicken, I'll visit KFC and grab one of their buckets. Their popcorn chicken is good too, but the quantity is not worth the price.

I actually just ate KCF's popcorn chicken today. Prices are cheaper in Mcdonalds though which is why I prefer Mcdonalds than KCF.

Long John Silvers' Chicken and Fish Combo beats the sh*t out of everything else.

Yeah, I'm a fast food fanatic.

Well I personally prefer KFC, and it's probably my favourite fast food outlet. You just can't beat the chicken. In fact screw the chicken, I could just eat a plate of the delicious skin. McDonalds does have very sh*t burgers, they're always so horribly dry the only thing that savs it are the fries.

But, if I found myself in a city centre with a choice of all the fast food joints I'd still have to go for good ol' Greggs.

Just to be clear I'm not calling Greggs fast food.

I go to McDonalds a sh*t load for one reason, its fast food! I go to BK and it takes 20 mins for my meal to be ready...

Never mind the sauce they put in the Big Mac. sh*t dam, its like crack lol

I like cooked chickens from Morrisons. So KFC doesn't do it for me. Burger king and McDonald's are both sh*t food too, but I like the taste. So yeah, I eat them.

Having said that, at the price of fast food meals these days, I do prefer spending the very little extra cash and having a meal in a restaurant.

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.

Do you know, you really have an awful way of expressing yourself with coming across like a massive douchebag.

I like McDonalds its my favorite fast food joint. Burger king leaves a nasty after taste, and i only eat chicken when cooked in the oven... like an actual chicken.

Edited by Darrel

I prefer a McDonald's Burger to anyone else's with BK coming in second. You just can't beat those McDonald's burgers. There like heaven on your tongue but I do prefer BKs fries by just a little. And Wendy's has that good boneless chicken