San Andreas movie

acmilano

Well i was reading topic about new Scarface movie and watch the link and on that site was also news about Earthquale movie named San Andreas:3D.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=84795

Quote:

[T]he hero is forced to go on the road to reconcile with his children and his estranged wife, who's moved away and taken up with another man a la John Cusack's character in "2012." (According to a person who's read the script, the "San Andreas" hero makes the trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco using some rather, er, unconventional transportation.)

Read more: New Line Developing Earthquake Film San Andreas: 3D - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...5#ixzz1fZiwpbrQ

So what "unconventional transportation"that be,mothership?

I could only imagine when people in theaters start yelling:Where is CJ!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I remember a mention of it already, Who's producing and directing? I wonder because Roland Emmerich LOVES these movies, and he's bound to get involved in another one

• 3 years later...
ROCKSTAR MANIC

When I First saw the name for the movie. I was shocked to see that they used San Andreas. First thing i thought, its Grand theft auto. But obviously it was related to the Fault that is in California. One thing that still is in question? Why a rehash of the movie 2012?

Bloody hell, what the f*ck is wrong with you, you f*cking bellend? Bumping a 3 year old topic.

• Like 1

Because they started working on it again or something i think, Mr Scratch. saw the trailer yesterday. saw The Rock and the name and thought it was about GTA too. alas its not. just another disaster movie.

Edited by Majestic81

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Great, so there goes our hopes of a movie called 'San Andreas' and being about CJ and the gta story. Obviously the name Grand Theft Auto can't be used because it has already been done in 1976. Rights to the movie name belongs to Warner Bros. So San Andreas would have been a good name for a gta inspired movie. What would they call a gta movie now? Homies?

Wouldnt worry much about the name. if there will be an SA based movie. which i think is unlikely in the first place. but even if there is i dont think the name will stop them.

Edited by Majestic81

Eh,one of my first posts and first topics. Feeling nostalgic... Anyway I wouldn't mind to have Dwayne Johnson in a role of Carl Johnson if that ever happens. It seem s to be an OK disaster movie by the trailer:

Still,it would be interesting if there is some small reference to the game in this movie,like The Rock wearing white top tank. Also,could see someone mix that trailer with this song,for fun:

GrindingOnDatNRG

They'd make a lot more money and it'd be a better movie if it was actually about the GTA San Andreas. Surely one day there will be a GTA Movie, it has to happen eventually. I know Rockstar Games go on about how games are another way to tell a story to a movie but like come on, if there's ever been a good base for a movie it's motherf*cking GTA! But I don't really want it to happen unless Rockstar Games make it and actually do it properly. Because otherwise it'd probably get wrecked and it would tarnish the series as we know it. Like GTA V did. :p

Edited by GrindingOnDatNRG

Rockstar made GTA V though.

They're not in the movie business anyways. they wont succeed. it'll only work if it has good story telling. other than that it'll just be a trashy action flick. and GTA IV and its episodes are the only games where i saw a movie worthy story. the rest were all mediocre to say the least.

Edited by Majestic81

• 2 months later...

"One day I will think of this as just another job. After all, this is what I do."

Rockstar made GTA V though.

They're not in the movie business anyways. they wont succeed. it'll only work if it has good story telling. other than that it'll just be a trashy action flick. and GTA IV and its episodes are the only games where i saw a movie worthy story. the rest were all mediocre to say the least.

ever heard of Rockstar entertainment ?

and Rockstar can make good storys : Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto Vice City

• 2 months later...

Here's a third trailer, released two weeks ago.

I can tell this movie is gonna be good, but it isn't getting enough advertising on tv or posters on bus stop shelters :/

Edited by ZeusMowat_278

• 2 weeks later...

The Rock steals a lot of vehicles throughout the film. There's a joke in there somewhere...

• Like 3

So you saying that Mr. JOHNSON commit GRAND THEFT AUTO in SAN ANDREAS movie :lol:

Saw this today. Was a pretty decent disaster movie. sh*t goes cray cray.

Left the theater satisfied.

In all honestly,it wasn't bad movie. Lots of CGI distruction and all others visual effect.

Also, we could now headcannon that this is the resason why map in GTA SA and GTA V are different :)

Edited by acmilano