Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,949 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gezim

The Last of Us

meta187

I sort of liked the uncompromising part of only having the one ending but having a choice on the ending is so ingrained in our current gen gamer ethos and expectation that I can't help but imagine it playing out a different way as an option.

Booze

I agree, it felt really weird to me not being able to walk away from the operation. In fact, I tried to, but the door was closed, so I came back to the doctors and was like "Uhm... I seem to have locked us in, any chance you guys got the key?" It kind of broke the immersion a little bit. It did give Joel more character, but maybe that would've been better done using a cutscene.

Did they expect all players to want to save Ellie or did they want you to go through the experience of being forced to save her?

meta187

@Booze T: I think it was more or less the lead writer saying, "f*ck what you want. This is my story to tell and this is what happens." Which I oddly respect on some level. Bioshock - Infinite kind of took the same route.

Edited by meta187

Rebel

I'm glad there was no choice for once. I'm kind of tired of having to pick my own path and finish a story, only to play through it once again picking different choices to see what I missed. My feeling is, if you have such a fantastic story like Last Of Us you don't need to put all of those choices into it because it would kind of ruin the entire experience. Maybe I'm a little bias because I'd of pulled the same stunt Joel did anyway.

meta187

I'd agree to some degree. Had the writing been flimsier or I'd cared less about the characters a few more options would have been a nice distraction from mediocre plot development and two dimensional protagonists but this game really carried itself all the way through the storyline as something compelling, despite being in a genre setting that's being done to death as of late.

paul

I'm glad there was no choice too. Although I would prefer if it were Joel to shoot the doctor and not me, he was the one who decided to shoot up the hospital after all, know what I mean?. Regardless, I only hesitated for a couple seconds with my gun up to do the deed anyway.

cp1dell

You guys shot the doctors?

sh*t...I brutally executed all three of them with melee. I thought that's what you were supposed to do.

Joel slowly places the doctor with the scalpel's hand down, calming him. Then quickly grabs it and cuts his throat.

Then the one over by the table, he smashes her head into the edge.

Then the third guy will cower and beg for his life, saying to just take the girl. Joel grabs him by the collar and lifts him up, then takes his head and smashes it against the wall.

sh*t guys, real sorry. Wasn't thinking.

Edited by cp1dell

Booze

You might want to spoiler-tag that a little bit.

meta187
You might want to spoiler-tag that a little bit.

Right. ^

Also the doctor with the scalpel is the only one who forces you to kill him the other two will stand there rightfully sh*tting their pants doing nothing if you pick up Ellie and leave them alone.

the_grizzly_man

Just finished the game. Wow. How powerful is that ending. Truly wonderful game. Gonna play again on hard.

the_grizzly_man

Have theory about the ending...

Ellie is really downbeat on the approach to the firefly hospital. Later, after Joel has saved her and they arrive at the town, Ellie checks her bite wound. The wound looks worse. She knows she isn't immune. Medical dictaphone at the hospital says she's infected but it has mutated and has no trace in the brain. Ellie knows she's infected and won't survive that's why she's adamant she wants to go through with getting to the fireflies even though she must know she won't survive - she's hoping her death will lead to a cure.

josephene123

Ellie is really downbeat on the approach to the firefly hospital.  Later, after Joel has saved her and they arrive at the town, Ellie checks her bite wound. The wound looks worse. She knows she isn't immune.  Medical dictaphone at the hospital says she's infected but it has mutated and has no trace in the brain.  Ellie knows she's infected and won't survive that's why she's adamant she wants to go through with getting to the fireflies even though she must know she won't survive - she's hoping her death will lead to a cure.

I heard that some people were saying the bite looked worse and I thought the same too, but then I went back to when we first saw it and imo it looks exactly the same, maybe it looks a bit more red because of the lighting but otherwise I don't think it grew or anything

Finite

Ellie is really downbeat on the approach to the firefly hospital. Later, after Joel has saved her and they arrive at the town, Ellie checks her bite wound. The wound looks worse. She knows she isn't immune. Medical dictaphone at the hospital says she's infected but it has mutated and has no trace in the brain. Ellie knows she's infected and won't survive that's why she's adamant she wants to go through with getting to the fireflies even though she must know she won't survive - she's hoping her death will lead to a cure.

That would've been plausible had I not gone back to verify the extent of what it looked like when the game opens to when it finishes, there is little to no difference in the wound and seeing as the story takes place over a course of ten to twelve months it's highly unlikely that this is in fact the case.

Ermac

I don't know if this has been posted already, but it made my day.

user posted image

Corndawg93
I agree, it felt really weird to me not being able to walk away from the operation. In fact, I tried to, but the door was closed, so I came back to the doctors and was like "Uhm... I seem to have locked us in, any chance you guys got the key?" It kind of broke the immersion a little bit. It did give Joel more character, but maybe that would've been better done using a cutscene.

Did they expect all players to want to save Ellie or did they want you to go through the experience of being forced to save her?

That was originally going to be cutscene but someone on the team pushed so hard for that to be gameplay, they succeeded

nigelhere9901

Some direct-feed screens.

The game looks absolutely amazing. It's animations though, are inconsistent, sometimes I get blown away by the context sensitive animation system, but sometimes the animations are just too quick, too agile. Just a tiny immersion breaker, I think Uncharted 2 and 3 also had this.

cp1dell

F*ck guys, really sorry about the lack of spoiler tags. Hopefully that didn't spoil it for anyone.

meta187

The game looks absolutely amazing. It's animations though, are inconsistent, sometimes I get blown away by the context sensitive animation system, but sometimes the animations are just too quick, too agile. Just a tiny immersion breaker, I think Uncharted 2 and 3 also had this.

I did have a sort of collision issue earlier. I'm doing my 2nd play through and I followed one of those thugs protecting the guy who ripped you off. Anyways, I'm stealthily walking down the stairs behind him as he's walking down the stairs, I'm literally close enough to breathe on his ass (because I'm crouching) and no prompt pops up to grab him for a stealth kill, so I say "f*ck it" and swing a bottle at him. The bottle goes directly through him! Not once but three times. He finally walks down to the platform connecting the stairs and somehow hasn't noticed all of this so because it's a flat surface the strangle option pops up again and I complete the kill. Still, it all felt very awkward and silly.

Edited by meta187

Freakorama

I haven't listed this video on my channel yet but here it is early for yoo guize.

Corndawg93

So no more copyright crap then

Freakorama

I hope not.

JOSEPH X

Who is this forum reportable to? because I'm sick of these indecent images and nothing seems to be getting done about it - even though many have complained. If you want to have a debate over what is art and what is an indecent image, then you should have that debate with the people responsible for policing these forums.

Way to crap all over a thread, man. What a shame.

Corndawg93
Who is this forum reportable to? because I'm sick of these indecent images and nothing seems to be getting done about it - even though many have complained. If you want to have a debate over what is art and what is an indecent image, then you should have that debate with the people responsible for policing these forums.

Keep complaining dude freaky don't care

JOSEPH X

Keep complaining dude freaky don't care

Well I know he doesn't care. I'm more troubled by the moderators not caring either.

Finite

Can we please move past this? Freedom of speech and all that malarkey.

JOSEPH X
Can we please move past this? Freedom of speech and all that malarkey.

No.

Freakorama

Does anyone know if there's a limit on how many shivs/health kits you can carry at once?

I Googled but there weren't any answers.

buzbegone
Does anyone know if there's a limit on how many shivs/health kits you can carry at once?

I can only craft three each.

Corndawg93

You get 3 shivs and the total uses do them are 3 so you can them 9 times

Freakorama

Isn't it kinda funny how you can carry multiple Molotov cocktails, literally dozens of bottles of alcohol but only one empty bottle at a time?

I was kinda hoping the brick slot could be upgraded for multiple bottles/bricks.