Business's in gtav

Rjpro123

This is a post for people to discuss what kind of side missions and bussiness owning would be amazing to include in gta v like for example vice city stories, those types of bussiness just like 1000 times better

I'm playing vice city stories right now, I know old right haha, but I love how u can take over businesses ad modify them and basically the whole concept of money and rackets, I think they probs will to this in gtav. Post more opinions !

I can definitely see them expanding on VCS's empire building. After all, V will be about the pursuit of the almighty dollar in present day southern california. So, once you get the money... how do you maintain a criminal empire? In today's economy?

You use the money you earn to buy businesses. They could either be used as fronts, or ways of laundering your hard earned cash. V will be about dodging the tax man, so maintaining your empire will be very important.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

Yes defiently levo, it's probably going to be a huge part of te storyline, maybs you can own the whiskey a go go or what ever it's called as seen in the trailer, like balled of GT own clubs and work odd jobs for them, that would be amazing

I'm playing vice city stories right now, I know old right haha, but I love how u can take over businesses ad modify them and basically the whole concept of money and rackets, I think they probs will to this in gtav. Post more opinions !

GTA VCS in my opinion is better than Iv in terms of storyline and fun :3

(poor vic)

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

Yes defiently levo, it's probably going to be a huge part of te storyline, maybs you can own the whiskey a go go or what ever it's called as seen in the trailer, like balled of GT own clubs and work odd jobs for them, that would be amazing

After IV, I'm ready to play as a leader. Sure Niko was a cool guy. But he wasn't really that ambitious. I want to play as a go-getter... just like Tommy Vercetti was.

I really enjoy stories when somebody has nothing... and makes it something. Rises above it all and comes out on top. Setting up a successful criminal empire in today's world would be just that. Beating the system, and saying "f*ck YOU" to THE MAN.

user posted image

Nice, rags to riches is always the story behind the gta series exept 4 where u get you know semi rich, tommy was the best character in the series not because he was voiced by Ray L but because he wanted to take the town by the balls. I want gtav to have all the stuff in peviouse game and much more like car modding from midnight club to animals like Rdr, and include the business type of gaming in scarf ace like dealing drugs earning huge amounts of money, being the boss.

i wanna be a boss. a powerful ass dude that just runs sh*t. IV got boring, you were always someone's bitch or helping roman...

I was talking about this earlyier in another topic.

Yeah I'd love for it to come back, and it seems likely with the whole drive for money vibe we've seen so far.

And as Leve said it'd be nice to play as a bit of a Go-Getter like Tommy, or Vic. Though that's what I liked about Niko, is that he didn't want to controll anything, he wanted to make money and live life, though I think it's time for a change. What allways fooled me though is that at the end of TBoGT they had the perfect time to reinstate some form of empire construction, to some extent.

Nice, rags to riches is always the story behind the gta series exept 4 where u get you know semi rich, tommy was the best character in the series not because he was voiced by Ray L but because he wanted to take the town by the balls. I want gtav to have all the stuff in peviouse game and much more like car modding from midnight club to animals like Rdr, and include the business type of gaming in scarf ace like dealing drugs earning huge amounts of money, being the boss.

I just want to be a boss again. The question is though, what will our protagonist specialize in? Drugs? Robbery?

Once you get the money, then you get the power (and the women). But once you get the power, it's that much harder to protect it. Your empire, your "baby" that you have built from the ground up. You will need thugs to protect your assets, a good lawyer, ect.

Once you become champion, then all is left is defending your title.

@Mr.c TO the J: Like Tommy yes, but not Vic. Vic was pushed into a corner and basically forced to become a criminal. Tommy however, chose the corner.

Edited by Leve-O

user posted image

GTA VCS was one of my favorite GTA's because of that specific feature. Business's returning in GTA V would be huge. The only problem I had in past GTA's with that is getting it under attacked. If they bring business's back in GTA V we should have more in it. We should be able to make your gang/family etc,guard the place instead of you needing to go to it all the time just to save the place or you loose it..

It might be just like VCS with all different types of criminal bussiness, like from a crack house in the gang part of ls to big buildings in downtown, but if the protagonist is the middle age dude then it might be rich to even richer.

GTA VCS was one of my favorite GTA's because of that specific feature. Business's returning in GTA V would be huge. The only problem I had in past GTA's with that is getting it under attacked. If they bring business's back in GTA V we should have more in it. We should be able to make your gang/family etc,guard the place instead of you needing to go to it all the time just to save the place or you loose it..

Scarface: The World Is Yours had the right idea. But unfortunately the guards you hire to protect your businesses were weak as f*ck. Here's how I want it to work in V:

1. Earn the money from your employers in order to jumpstart your empire

2. Invest money earned in order to purchase businesses

3. Once you have enough money, start purchasing business. Strip clubs, carwashes ect.

4. Decide what businesses you want to use as fronts. Example: A fast food restraunt could be part of a drug smuggling ring

5. Money laundry. Very important. Either funnel it through your legitimate businesses, or take it to a cleaner or your lawer for a % decrease in profits

6. Begin hiring thugs to protect your assets

user posted image

Yeah Vic was forced into it but he rose to the occasion, and got sh*t done. Ruling Vice for two years is no small feat ethier (assuming he was in control in '86 still) especially since it was based off Miami and those where the Cocaine Cowboy days.

But still I get what you mean, and it seems like this could be going ethier way, he [The Narrator] could have ethier wanted to stop and said "Screw it I'm going back," or he could have been forced back in.

Personally I hope he chooses to go back and just goes for the easy money before the bad economy gets to him.

Back On Topic:

One thing I hope they change is the buildings, in VC it was basically a blank lot almost with some building that seemed like it was added last minute and would 100% change depending on the business you ran there (I had more brothels than you could shake a stick at) I think they should retain the same layout and over all style and be part of the map so to speak, you could still get attritions and upgrades for it of course.

Also I’d like there to be legit business ventures too, that you could use as cover businesses to keep the heat off, though of course less of the illegal activity would be happening there.

Also every now and then the cops should raid your places, you could reduce heat by stopping what ever is going on there, or by paying them off or doing missions that reduce your heat.

Imagine the strategic opportunities of shifting heat from one area in town to another to prioritize your main money making businesses. It would be awesome IMO. That or frame the competition. tounge.gif

@GtaOutKast Yeah some sort of Gang Management should be in, you should be able to up grade there guns and training so they can defend the place without you, and you should be able to order them to make some "Hostile Takeovers" too.

@Leve-O (You ninja'd me) Yeah I think that money Laundering shoudl play a big part in lowering heat you take from the cops, same with running legit fronts. Though some buildings should get fronts, like say some trailer in a trailer park you use to make drugs in (it'd be a early business) shouldn't have that optiont for obvious reasons.

Immagine running a cocaine ring out of a night club. Dance and drink all night while pushing product. cool.gif

Edited by Mr.c TO the J

I do give credit to Vic though. He was a softie, but he got the job done. He seemed like he was more accepting as to who he was during the drug deal. But unfortunately, he put his trust in the wrong person. Diaz.

Tommy though, didn't take sh*t from anybody. He was focused on what he wanted, and by God he got it. I'd like to think he's still running Vice City with an iron fist.

@Mr.c TO the J: Hell yeah, that would be awesome! And after the end of the night, one of your thugs hands you a briefcase of the night's earnings. Then time for laundry! biggrin.gif

Edited by Leve-O

user posted image

* READ THIS POST PLEASE IT CAN MAKE A CHANGE FOR YOUR POST *

If you think about it, but not 5 seconds but a long time, yes.. it's a good idea but only if there are gangs?

If there are gangs like in GTA SA it's possible the gangs have their own clubs and buildings. The gangs are hangin' out at there clubs and buildings and things like that but sometimes it's a bit annoying because when you're doing a mission or playing then you have the message *YOU BUSINESS IS UNDER ATTACK*.

So yes, maybe!

IM SICK AND TIRED OF BIENG A SLAVE

i want to own buisnesses in this gta, i want to feel like a boss, i want limo drivers crews, bodyguards, drugs empires, rackets prisons, rival crime syndicates who fight with you, prison sentences for your criminal empire, breakouts etc.

im sick of running from a to b and having NOTHING to spend our money on

china town wars did the drugs trade perfectly but they just never implemented a organised drug disrtibution.

i want to own buisnesses in this gta, i want to feel like a boss, i want limo drivers crews, bodyguards

GTA's gameplay is based around driving and gunfights, if you end up with poeple who drive and fight for you, what's left?

We shouldn't forget that GTA is a game, an action game, you're a criminal, but a criminal who gets on the field and gets his hands dirty.

A lot of people like to say Vercetti was in charge whereas Niko just followed order. Well, play Vice City again, you'll find that Tommy is pretty much the same, even after Diaz is dead and Tommy starts his businesses, he deos errands for the bikers, for the Love Fist, for the cubans, for the haitians.

But we can't be in charge in GTA, because we always control the protagonist, we drive, we shoot, if you have guys that do that for you, you won't have anything to do and it'll be boring.

Car washes. There we will be able to launder our money.

And have Saul as a lawyer? wow.gif

lol, I love when people get my Breaking Bad references!

But yeah, would be cool to hire a lawer in V by looking at advertisements and calling them.

user posted image

@Tipper: But you won't have these privileges at the beginning of the game. That the whole fun of a criminal empire... building it from the ground up!

Also, I'm not saying the protagonist will be completely useless when he becomes boss. Since Rockstar seems to be going realistic lately, I think by the end of V we will have a "mini-empire" if you will. Nothing like Tommy's... just something that will provide a comfortable lifestyle. Know what I mean?

user posted image

After IV, I'm ready to play as a leader. Sure Niko was a cool guy. But he wasn't really that ambitious. I want to play as a go-getter... just like Tommy Vercetti was.

I really enjoy stories when somebody has nothing... and makes it something. Rises above it all and comes out on top. Setting up a successful criminal empire in today's world would be just that. Beating the system, and saying "f*ck YOU" to THE MAN.

Amen dude, dont let the man bring you down!