How would you feel about the option

iamJack

Basically what the title says.

I personally wouldn't mind as long as it's optional, like you can select your protoganists gender and stuff like that. I wouldn't use it but I bet like 90% of the girls who play GTA would.

So would you like having the option to play as female/male?

-sorry if this has already been discussed, I searched and nothing came up apart from the 5 protoganist rumour threads which've all been locked-

Nah i wouldn't like it, it would take away from the story. Like say you could be a female in GTA IV, the story just wouldn't make any sense if you were a female lol.

I wouldn't have a problem playing as a girl after the story missions though, might be cool, but i defianiatly want a Male as the protagonist.

I'm against the idea of "choose your own protagonist" in GTA, and honestly, I doubt we will ever see it. 2 characters mean that we'll have 2 versions of every cutscene, every dialogue and so on.

Now, about one day playing as a female protagonist... I don't know.

I have nothing against leading ladies, but "action moves" have given me a bad taste as far as leading ladies go. I cannot get over the Angelina Jolie "action movies to sell clothes" or Michelle Rodriguez "I'm doing my best to act like a man" style.

If we had a female protagonist one day, I can only see a older woman working, someone like Sygourney Weaver was in the first alien. It could be a interesting idea.

If anyone can pull off a Female protagonist it's ROCKSTAR! but I will pass on that idea for right now...

But that will be something pretty damn BIG, GTA having a female protagonist, only because people whave agrue over that GTA is sexiest towards women, but this one can't be because you play as a girl dumb-dumb... Take that media!

Edited by BigAsHell856

Ex Hellraiser

Nah, just doesn't really fit in with the "rising the criminal ranks"setup of gta. Just stick to the customizable avatar in multiplayer, like GTA IV, but nothing else.That would only fit for saints row, cuz its nothing but cartoon humor.

A female protag in a GTA world would be very, very hard to get right IMO. I have no problem with them, but it's hard to get the image and voice acting right. With a male protag it's fairly straight forward to build a cool but badass looking character and find a good voice actor, but a female protag HAS to be sexy (yea, sounds cheesy I know but it's true), badass (harder than it sounds) and have a voice actress that suits her, not to mention a story that would suit her.

If we ever did get a female protag, it'd have to be Catalina from SA (and III I believe).

She was a good strong female character who has no issue getting her hands dirty.

If we had a female lead, then GTA is destroyed. After all, humping a hooker in the car and then killing her afterwards to get your money back just wouldn't make sense anymore confused.gif

If we had a female lead, then GTA is destroyed. After all, humping a hooker in the car and then killing her afterwards to get your money back just wouldn't make sense anymore confused.gif

fiesty lesbian hookers. problem solved.

If we had a female lead, then GTA is destroyed. After all, humping a hooker in the car and then killing her afterwards to get your money back just wouldn't make sense anymore  confused.gif

fiesty lesbian hookers. problem solved.

I'm starting to like this idea now.... icon14.gif

Ugh, this topic again... suicidal.gif

As a male, I'd almost rather play as a female. Its just a matter of getting the character right, but then again, gender doesn't matter in that case at all.

Rockstar always have a nice backstory for the protagonist and so they spent a lot longer on choosing the right one, however they could quite easily add the choice to choose your characters gender, by recording both voices and either generating the cut scenes on the fly or again generating both sets. Not exactly a hardship.

It doesn't matter what gender the protag is, as Rockstar would make it fit and work and lets be frank 99% wouldn't even care as you'd still buy and play it.

Some ninja Asian chick with a rockstar twist, hell yeah!

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.