Have you ever been this excited for a game?

Chaise

I don't think i've ever been more excited for a game before. Sure there's been a lot of great games released over the years, like GTA IV and RDR, that i was pretty excited about, but i can't remember ever being quite this excited for any other game before.

So was wondering if you guys felt the same way, have you ever been this excited for a game before?

nah im not as excited as i was for GTA4 and that game i was EXTREMELY excited for. So excited that i overhyped myself and faced disappointment, but non the less the game was still amazing, just a little disappointing for me. I was excited due to the fact that it was in Liberty City and i live right near NYC. So for GTA V i'm gonna remain calm so i can fully enjoy the game when i receive it.

I was probably most hyped for GTA San Andreas and possibly eqaully hyped for GTA IV.

I am feeling the same for this too.

Yes. Gran Turismo 5.

- [- No Fear. No Limits. No Equal. -] -

- [- Ride For Life -] -

Digging deep. It's not just an expression that's thrown around the locker room at halftime. It's a way of life. A daily code that drives a champions existence. It's not always glamorous. It's not always blue skies and sunny days, and its certainly not always welcome. But love it or hate it, to become a true champion take pure, unrestricted commitment.

I haven't gotten my self hyped for a game in years after one too many let downs, but I cannot help but get hyped for V. The wait for the release date announcement is almost killing me.

I haven't gotten my self hyped for a game in years after one too many let downs, but I cannot help but get hyped for V. The wait for the release date announcement is almost killing me.

Haha, I'm about the same as well, haven't really been that excited about any game since RDR, but I'm so excited for V, brings back good memories happy.gif

Just goes to show how good a job R* is doin marketing V, the trailer announcement really surprised and excited me and my hype still hasn't died down much since.

Vegetarian Piranha

i was really hyped about forza 4, but GTA V makes that hype feel like nothing.

I really wish I werent this hyped for GTA V, i enjoy games more when I dont know much about them. I werent too bothered about Skyrim and werent thinking about getting it but on release day I went down Tesco and saw one left on the shelf so decided to get it and Ive only played GTA IV once since buying it because of how much better it is than I as expecting.

Haha, I'm about the same as well, haven't really been that excited about any game since RDR, but I'm so excited for V, brings back good memories happy.gif

Just goes to show how good a job R* is doin marketing V, the trailer announcement really surprised and excited me and my hype still hasn't died down much since.

I kinda expected the announcement, I thought it's been long enough since GTA IV but I still had a massive grin on my face when I saw the logo on Rockstar's site. I am just praying they announce the release date (or even a month/peroid) sooner rather than later, need a date to look forward to now.

Black Sunshine

I've been going through major depression, and haven't been able to find purpose in anything. I've contemplated suicide many times, mainly because there's really nothing to look forward to.

Then the GTA V trailer was released. devil.gif

Sure, at least a few times. Out the top of my head; MGS4, Pokemon SoulSilver, GTA IV, GTA San Andreas, Arkham City, Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest VIII...

There's probably more, but I forget.

same feeling about gta3, vc , sa , and iv ,,, ..

what he said

I get so psyched about every GTA game. But then again I am like that with every Rockstar game.

Grand_Theft_Peanut

the last time i was this hyped was for MW2 and Halo Wars. Was so keen to play but this out does that by far... im so pumped for this

The one game I was this hyped about was Hitman Blood Money, which turned out to be a major disappointment. It was actually the fact that the devs promised a lot of great features and improvement, which they couldn't maintain in the end or were just turned out to be some half-arsed attempt. I'm not worried about this at all with R*. I was very excited for IV, but Liberty City was my least favourite location, my excitement came from the fact that we never seen something like euphoria before.

More excited for V, because I love Los Angeles and California in general, the countryside, everything. The characters seem more to my liking too, based on the casting calls and the one narrative in the trailer.

My hype is on the floor..I'm too sick of this annoying waiting for some infos or screen.

I think Rockstar doesn't know where stop with his "information control".

I love R*..I was so hyped for every GTA game..but this time,i'm starting lost interest until we'll see something more than trailer analysis and fake previews and exclusives of magazines..

My hype is on the floor..I'm too sick of this annoying waiting for some infos or screen.

I think Rockstar doesn't know where stop with his "information control".

I love R*..I was so hyped for every GTA game..but this time,i'm starting lost interest until we'll see something more than trailer analysis and fake previews and exclusives of magazines..

Lot of people seem to think this way, but it's only been a month since the trailer, which actually barely is some time in entertainment, not to mention it was the full on #1 trailer of the game. We probably get some info in december, or january, which would still be generous compared to the rest of the industry.

The frustration probably comes from the fact that there are a lot of unanswered questions, but still better than 80% of games' trailers where we get pre-rendered cutscenes, or some 30 second teaser with the game's title WHOOSH-ing into the screen on some black background. You know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Zip87

I was more excited for VC & SA, but that is probably more to do with my age, I'm more cynical & world weary these days. That's not to say I didn't get butterflies when I pressed play on the GTA V trailer video for the first time. I'll get that same feeling x3 when I finally get the game in my hand.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Does Skyrim count? I mean, I use to stay up for day's playing Morrowind and Oblivion...and when it was early 2010, I was starting to get real excited because I saw the pretty huge graphical improvement's in game's since Oblivion, and we still saw nothing until the end of the year.

Last time I was this excited was for San Andreas. Heres why:

When GTA 3 came out, I didn't have a ps2 (had only the original PS), so wasn't as excited.

I got GTA 3 in 2002, loved it to bits. Then I realised VC was already out and it was even better (no wait = no hype).

San andreas was really hyped up for me because I could get it in Day 1 (which I did tounge.gif).

GTA IV I was hyped, but didn't have a ps3 or xbox 360 at the time. Bought the game and a ps3 6 months later.

GTA IV TLAD didn't really interest me. TBOGT was hyped, but I had no xbox360 so couldn't get it in day 1.

GTA V: I am definitely getting on release day. Day 1 purchase = HYPED

Marginally less excited than I was for IV to be honest, but I'm sure that will change over the next month or so.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Marginally less excited than I was for IV to be honest, but I'm sure that will change over the next month or so.

Quote.

If you're feeling hyped up about GTA5 right now, prepare to be blown away when the first details are revealed. You're going to be twice as hyped than ever before! I have information about GTA5 and I'm telling you, it's MUCH different from previous GTA games. Just wait and see when new information has been revealed. But don't expect any new information this year... possibly in January but cannot say with certainty.

4thosebout2rock

I remember being so excited for IV I don't feel as excited for this but I know I will when a date is given to us.