South Park: The Game

SIKKS66

Yes you read that correct.

South Park RPG coming from Obsidian

Parker and Stone are writing the script, performing the dialogue and overseeing development.

THQ and Obsidian are working together to create South Park: The Game. Scheduled for release in 2012 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the game is a full-scale RPG made in collaboration with series creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

According to GameInformer (who got the world exclusive reveal on the new game), South Park: The Game will cast you as the new kid in South Park, tasking you with making friends and defending the town from threats.

More details will be revealed in the January issue of GameInformer magazine. South Park: The Game is due for release in 2012.

...right.

Thoughts?

Could be pretty f*cking sweet but I'm not sure how. Sounds like it could be... original.

user posted image

I for one am looking forward to it. Since its being overlooked by Matt and Trey I think they will not let it be some sh*tty cop out

user posted image

Obsidian is making this? I expect a really buggy game. I'm interested in this, but not $60 interested. I'll wait til its 30 bucks or less.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

too bad it's not coming to pc, I'll have to wait to see what it's like when it comes out, could be good, could be disastrous.

Seems an interesting idea for sure, I'll keep a look out on how it develops but not quite sure I'll be picking it up for the full retail tag.

I really hope it isn't in 3D. If I'm playing a South Park game, I want it to look like the cartoon

It'll suck.

Anything called "x: The Game" is usually your first (and only) indication you need that it will be nothing spectacular.

How's that, as an TPG, supposed to work anyway? Tell a joke involving Jews *Your originality has increased to level 20*

Effy in Chains

It'll suck.

Anything called "x: The Game" is usually your first (and only) indication you need that it will be nothing spectacular.

How's that, as an TPG, supposed to work anyway? Tell a joke involving Jews *Your originality has increased to level 20*

I wonder if they will get away with such jokes in a game rather than a show?

Zs936OL.gif

I really hope it isn't in 3D. If I'm playing a South Park game, I want it to look like the cartoon

That's the first thing I thought. SP looks like that old schhool cut-out animation - even tho it's all CGI. It'll look stupid in 3d.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

Seems like Parker and Stone want to break into a new genre of entertainment. Could say they've conquered television, cinema and most recently Broadway. Videogames bring big bucks and by bringing in Obsidian (a company with considerable RPG experience) they seem to be taking this seriously. I just really wonder how the story will pan out. They'll have to tread a fine line between current South Park fans and the universe they've created and bringing in the neutrals who just want a damn good game.

I'm off to download Chef's Love Shack lol.gif

user posted image

Low hopes. The show is funny, but I don't see how they can really drag it out into a game. Making movies into games rarely works so I don't see how they plan to make a 22 minute 22 second show into a game. confused.gif

pkmTc.gif

Same...but how would this be done? I mean, I would really hate to see a South Park game in 3D...Imagine how disgusting it would look...Take this for example;

How do you make a game out of it? I love the show, but I'm positive this will fail. turn.gif

They could always use cel shaded cartoony graphics so it will be 3d but still look flat and like the show.

Look at simpsons game, Mabye something like that

I was really, really hoping Obsidian was keeping themselves busy with the next Fallout game.

I could not be more disappointed right now.

Slosten.gif

Could be interesting... the last South Park game I played was "South Park Pinball" at the movie theater, and that was pretty funny.

They already made a South Park: The Game. It was on the N64 back in, I think 97 or 98...

Multiplayer was actually pretty fun.

Edited by darthYENIK

I sure had fun in ''South Park Let's Go To Tower Defense Play'' so this maybe won't be as bad as you think.

Seriously, why are you guys whining about it already? I understand the PC version complains but has any of you seen a glimpse of the game?

Effy in Chains
Low hopes. The show is funny, but I don't see how they can really drag it out into a game. Making movies into games rarely works so I don't see how they plan to make a 22 minute 22 second show into a game. confused.gif

But there are a sh*tload of episodes.

Zs936OL.gif

i will get it when the price drops. Any game from obsidian is horribly buggy. Fun to the point it dont matter, but come on, the random freezes,crashes and lags on fallout 3 and new vegas are so bad its pretty funny. Love those 2 games to death, as there the ultimate RPGs. But still... But obsidian is learning from there mistakes on releases. Sadly a developer that small working on this project means that they *may* not be working on fallout 4 and its being made by some one else. Hope the new devs dont kill the game series...

EDIT: Just realized that fallout3 was not made by obsidian but by bethesda themself. My bad... smile.gif

Edited by ccrogers15
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The show is good,but I dunno if the game will be good.We'll just have to wait.And darthYENIK,thanks for the vid.Never knew there's a game based on SP.

They already made a South Park: The Game. It was on the N64 back in, I think 97 or 98...

Multiplayer was actually pretty fun.

That game had some the best weponry ever in a FPS. No boring f*cking M16's and AKs. Pss covered snowballs and shrinking rays.

The SP was actual decent aswell and infused some good classic story's (megasrtisen and the turkeys comes to mind)

user posted image

The nerds whining and guffawing in commentary represent everything I dislike about gaming.

user posted image

Loved Southpark (N64) and Chef's Love shack as a kid.

Seems pretty interesting, i'm going to stay hopeful here and hope it turns out to be a decent game.

Gameinformer's front cover seems pretty cool though.

user posted image

s0h607k.jpg