Multiple Protagonist Evidence!

LotusRIP

The one with the purple shirt does appear more than once, but I'm sure that's mere conicidence.

You mean the 2 black guy's with very different purple shirts.

One is a Shirt, (with buttons and collar and eveything), the other is a T-Shirt.

WTF guy's this topic is tripe.

No idiot. The Black guy in the purple tee-shirt with the scarf. He's in a bunch of scenes, but it's probably because he's a civilian

-snip-

I disagree with the black character. Looks like normal peds or a possible connection to one. I would have to say the one that is walking past the dealer/other black guy in alley may hold significance.

The one with the purple shirt does appear more than once, but I'm sure that's mere conicidence.

The only two characters I think will play a major role is the NDE-LUKE look-alike and the Hispanic guy in the Red Car and during the robbery/pursuit.

All the other characters, especially the black guys, may either be pedestrains or minor characters. Maybe one is the main protagonist or is siginificant to the story line. Not all black people are the same. You are ignorant if you think that; it is also very offensive. At least two of those characters are a different skin color; one is lighter the other is darker; howcan it be the same character?

Now, what really puzzles me is what the OP discusses about the POs (Police Officers). Granted; they could play some siginificance in the story but it looks like it may only be to chase the player or their friends/enemies. I have heard rumors though that you MIGHT play as acop in GTA V, but I'm not discussing that further.

why the hell did you quote the WHOLE OP?

-snip-

I disagree with the black character. Looks like normal peds or a possible connection to one. I would have to say the one that is walking past the dealer/other black guy in alley may hold significance.

The only two characters I think will play a major role is the NDE-LUKE look-alike and the Hispanic guy in the Red Car and during the robbery/pursuit.

All the other characters, especially the black guys, may either be pedestrains or minor characters. Maybe one is the main protagonist or is siginificant to the story line. Not all black people are the same. You are ignorant if you think that; it is also very offensive. At least two of those characters are a different skin color; one is lighter the other is darker; howcan it be the same character?

Now, what really puzzles me is what the OP discusses about the POs (Police Officers). Granted; they could play some siginificance in the story but it looks like it may only be to chase the player or their friends/enemies. I have heard rumors though that you MIGHT play as acop in GTA V, but I'm not discussing that further.

why the hell did you quote the WHOLE OP?

I'm still learning this damn quote button blush.gif

leik oh em jeez!
I'm still learning this damn quote button blush.gif

Don't quote big posts like that, just reply. Or edit out the pictures.

If it's episodic content in a DLC, then I'm all for. I'd rather them just use one character for the base game.

Vegetarian Piranha

i was watching a Ross Kemp documentary last night, it was about the gangs in LA and how the blacks dont get along with the latinos vice versa.

the reason the 2 became enemies had something to do with a deal gone wrong or something. so something like that might happen in V.

Thanks for your analysis Lotus.

anyone think that they might only have so much done at this point and just rehashed come peds/cars? thats what I'm thinking...

GRINCH ASS BITCH
anyone think that they might only have so much done at this point and just rehashed come peds/cars? thats what I'm thinking...

That's exactly what I was thinking as well; what we've seen in the trailer is an early beta version of the game. Most of the cars don't look like they're fully rendered (most of them don't have reflections either) and you can see the same reused pedestrians in a few different scenes.

I guess we're just going to have to wait for the next trailer to compare the two (assuming the next trailer uses a "newer" version of the game). I think it's a given that they made the first trailer long before they actually announced GTA:V, so you never know.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
HURR ALL BLACK PEOPLE LOOK THE SAME

Is this what you're trying to imply OP...? whatsthat.gif

Luckily I won't be ignorant. Chill kid.

Anyway, the second and third screen cap. icon14.gif

Didn't notice the red convertible car in the back, man that is just proof that it's more then one protag. I believe it's good because it was in IV, only downloads.

Can't wait. suicidal.gif

Foreword: I've only read the thread's name, so if I get anything wrong, feel free to flame me to death.

It's not gonna happen. If they have multiple protags, they'll make multiple stories, like in EFLC. They certainly won't make you continue with another guy because "oh, this guy is leaving/died".

suicidal.gif

Foreword: I've only read the thread's name

Then I don't think you are in a position to comment on what I was posting... it's fair enough that you don't believe there will be multiple protagonists, and with that said it's all still up in the air until R* give us anything else to go by. Until then, I've done a certain analysis of the trailer that has not been done before, so I encourage you to look back at the clues I've pointed out that may or may not point towards the theory of multiple protagonists - depends who you ask.

Also, to those who say I'm being racist. Far from it. One of the black guys I've circled who appears more than once, is actually wearing the exact same outfit - so there's no question that it's the same guy, but it may actually suggest that he's an ordinary NPC. He looks strikingly similar to the guy on the Jetski and the real estate agent though, same tone of skin and slim/slender, his body shape is very much the same and his fine shaved haircut. This leads me to believe he's a character involved in the story somehow. He obviously likes the colour purple too and is quite fit (rides jetskis and works as a bouncer on the side, maybe to deal drugs or god knows what corrupted him....)

If these 5 guys are all important characters in the game, then why haven't they told us who the protagonist is???

I know one answer smile.gif

Edited by LotusRIP

Didn't notice the red convertible car in the back, man that is just proof that it's more then one protag. I believe it's good because it was in IV, only downloads.

Can't wait. suicidal.gif

It's not proof of anything.

They have a few peds availiable because they most likely haven't put all of them in yet (or atleast for the trailer).

I am very much under the impression the peds are just showcasing the ped interactivity.

Can't wait. suicidal.gif

It's not proof of anything.

They have a few peds availiable because they most likely haven't put all of them in yet (or atleast for the trailer).

I am very much under the impression the peds are just showcasing the ped interactivity.

Don't you think it's ironic that they have used the same recurring 5 characters, and not given us the vaguest idea about who the protagonist is... seems fishy

and apparently there's something in the trailer that is game changing that we've all missed, so maybe the pattern here is onto something.

Foreword: I've only read the thread's name

Then I don't think you are in a position to comment on what I was posting... it's fair enough that you don't believe there will be multiple protagonists, and with that said it's all still up in the air until R* give us anything else to go by. Until then, I've done a certain analysis of the trailer that has not been done before, so I encourage you to look back at the clues I've pointed out that may or may not point towards the theory of multiple protagonists - depends who you ask.

Also, to those who say I'm being racist. Far from it. One of the black guys I've circled who appears more than once, is actually wearing the exact same outfit - so there's no question that it's the same guy, but it may actually suggest that he's an ordinary NPC. He looks strikingly similar to the guy on the Jetski and the real estate agent though, same tone of skin and slim/slender, his body shape is very much the same and his fine shaved haircut. He obviously likes the colour purple too and is quite fit (rides jetskis and works as a bouncer on the side, maybe to deal drugs or god knows what corrupted him....)

Your still saying that different black guys are the same guy.

Yes there is the guy in scarf and sweater in 2 pics.

Jetski man is someone else and the man hammering the sale sign is someone else again.

If anything the colours may hold a hint, there is Red (car), Blue (car), Green (V Sign) and Purple (clothing).

These colours mean anything to anyone.

Vegetarian Piranha
If anything the colours may hold a hint, there is Red (car), Blue (car), Green (V Sign) and Purple (clothing).

maybe gang related colours?

Red-Bloods?

Blue-Crips?

Purple-Latino gang?

Green-Latino gang?

maybe gang related colours?

Red-Bloods?

Blue-Crips?

Purple-Latino gang?

Green-Latino gang?

Maybe this game changing hint is about the gang colours on display, maybe we get to pick which gang we want to join.

It is odd that Green (Grove street gang) is the colour of the games title.

Or maybe depending which gang we pick, determins which character we use.

But of course this is a terrible idea.

Edited by Chukkles

Also, to those who say I'm being racist. Far from it. One of the black guys I've circled who appears more than once, is actually wearing the exact same outfit - so there's no question that it's the same guy, but it may actually suggest that he's an ordinary NPC. He looks strikingly similar to the guy on the Jetski and the real estate agent though, same tone of skin and slim/slender, his body shape is very much the same and his fine shaved haircut. He obviously likes the colour purple too and is quite fit (rides jetskis and works as a bouncer on the side, maybe to deal drugs or god knows what corrupted him....)

I'm not gonna be oversensitive and call you a racist because it doesn't seem like you had any malicious intent. On topic though. I'll start with C , the guy in the grey coat looks nothing like the dude running from the cops. The guy in the grey coat and the guy running have different noses , hairlines and complexions. It's harder to tell with the sweater guy due to the blurry pic. On to D , the pics of guy with the purple shirt and scarf are blurry and it's hard to pic out any facial details. We can't even get a good look at faces of the guy putting down the for sale sign and the bouncer. Just my opinion on the matter.

I've done a certain analysis of the trailer that has not been done before, so I encourage you to look back at the clues I've pointed out that may or may not point towards the theory of multiple protagonists - depends who you ask.

I saw the exact same analysis you did at least three times before.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
Don't you think it's ironic that they have used the same recurring 5 characters

Okay, I see you've avoided just about everyone else's questions and criticism, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway; where the hell do you see the "same 5 recurring characters"?

Proof would also be appreciated, not just "here's a picture of a black guy, and here's a picture of a completely different black guy, they are the same person."

Heads up: Not everyone in the trailer is a protagonist, and not every black guy in the trailer is the same person, or even same two people.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

I guess they look similar but to be honest, they just look like black people with short hair. The images aren't great and the mesh for all 3d characters is basically the same so it could just be coincidence.

Nice find with the red/blue car thing though...

You're joking right, you seriously think that in 4 years they've only managed to model a handful of new peds & cars?

so because cars are color coded to different characters in the trailer, that means there will be 5 playable characters?

what?

doesn't seem like evidence to me. i don't see proof. i see speculation and slippery slope logic.

so because cars are color coded to different characters in the trailer, that means there will be 5 playable characters?

what?

doesn't seem like evidence to me. i don't see proof. i see speculation and slippery slope logic.

If you looked at the pictures properly, you'll see those same recurring characters walking on the sidewalk while the blue/red/4WD is in the same shot. This is why it seems to have some significance.

It's all speculation until R* say anything, I won't deny that, but I could have posted another fake map and that probably would have been okay?

this is my first time so sorry if someones already mentioned this. but did anyone notice that when you pause the trailer at 1.05 the guy speeding away from the cops in the red car is tha same bold guy?

this is my first time so sorry if someones already mentioned this. but did anyone notice that when you pause the trailer at 1.05 the guy speeding away from the cops in the red car is tha same bold guy?

Yes I forgot to include that screenshot, the guy in the red car is definitely the hispanic character (in my pics, character E)

Here is some clues I have found in the trailer that point towards multiple protagonists in GTAV, with potentially 5 protagonists... Hear me out here.

I think there is a strong link between the colours of the cars and the characters driving them.

To make things easier, here is the list of proposed characters for reference

A) "Ned Luke" character BLUE CAR CONVERTIBLE

B) "Ned Luke" brother or cousin BLUE CAR

C) Black guy #1 (Coloured sweater, sunglasses, ?white singlet chased by cops)

D) Black guy #2 (Jet ski, bouncer, real estate agent)

E) Hispanic guy RED CAR

You have to much free time on your hands.

This is a perfect example of someone GROSSLY over-analyzing a small tidbit of information. It is compaireable to someone lost in the desert and sees an oasis, only when they get to the oasis they find its nothing. So what do they do? They drink the sand.

user posted image

[...]

Oh man, this is groundbreaking news. You analyze and over-interpret the trailer based on absolutely no reliable information, yet present it as evidence.