Multiple Protagonist Evidence!

LotusRIP

Here is some clues I have found in the trailer that point towards multiple protagonists in GTAV, with potentially 5 protagonists... Hear me out here.

I think there is a strong link between the colours of the cars and the characters driving them.

To make things easier, here is the list of proposed characters for reference

A) "Ned Luke" character BLUE CAR CONVERTIBLE

B) "Ned Luke" brother or cousin BLUE CAR

C) Black guy #1 (Coloured sweater, sunglasses, ?white singlet chased by cops)

D) Black guy #2 (Jet ski, bouncer, real estate agent)

E) Hispanic guy RED CAR

Now, check this out:

We all know the "Ned Luke" character driving the blue convertible:

user posted image

These Red and Blue cars are shown together, also colliding at some point in the storyline:

user posted image

user posted image

The 4WD and Blue car shown together regularly:

user posted image

user posted image

Now look at the driver of the blue car (not the convertible), who I believe to be related to "Ned Luke" who also drives a blue convertible:

user posted image

He sure looks alot like the guy driving the blue car here:

user posted image

Who is shown alongside a character ( C), who looks a bit like this guy:

user posted image

Now, the other black guy (D) who appears in the same shots as some of these vehicles, is also shown various times throughout the trailer:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The hispanic guy and the "Ned Luke" relative shown here at the bank robbery, alongside "Ned Luke" himself:

user posted image

I think there is a pattern here in the trailer... what do you guys think? I've circled some other sightings of the recurring character appearances in the trailer, which all support the theory pointing to 5 different important characters in the game. I don't think they would introduce us to other characters without telling us the protagonist first, so it's safe to say in my opinion that these 5 characters are all playable throughout the game at some stage or another.

PS. What about these cops? It's a long shot, looks only vaguely like the characters I've identified, but who knows...

user posted image

icon14.gif

Edited by LotusRIP

How does that suggest 5 protagonists though? All of them could be NPCs who have a significant role in the storyline and the protagonists hasn't been revealed, for all we know but good analysis nevertheless.

Thanks guys, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong once we find out more about V to disprove this theory - but thought I'd bring something new to the table. After seeing the link between the red and blue cars something just clicked.

It seems that "Ned Luke" and his relative, both in blue cars, work together as a team. I get the impression the hispanic guy (red car) double crosses them at some stage maybe... and looks like the hispanic guy is also about to assassinate our real estate agent guy (character D). maybe we need a new trailer.

Long_Haired_Boy

Yeah because D all black people look alike. sarcasm.gif

But Good Job. I see what your doing. I mean its pretty obvious will have more than one playable characters.

However, I know Rockstar is hiding some even more big and saving it for a later date to talk about!

The only thing I don't understand with the 5 protagonist theory is. How would it work? When would you switch and when you switch where would you pick up? I'm assuming that when you switch to a new character you will return to having all the safehouses, weapons and cars you had from when you were last playing that protagonist but it just doesn't all add up to me. I don't see character switching like COD. Working in an open world game like GTA. In RDR you switched characters after you had already beaten the main story and since you played as Johns son you just inherited everything he had and you could continue the stranger missions you had already started so it made no real difference. so I just don't see how it would work in GTA. And I wouldn't like it at all. The game would not feel as "open world" if I all of a sudden had to switch characters and not be able to continue to play with all the stuff I had aquired with one character until I reach another point in the story. I hope all these rumors are false.

I'm putting my money on the greatest possibility still being that DLC will allow the multiple protag angle. The main game would be rather unique in creating a switch in the game and story, BUT, Episodes successfully incorporated one map and two story lines, one disc!!

The only thing I don't understand with the 5 protagonist theory is. How would it work? When would you switch and when you switch where would you pick up? I'm assuming that when you switch to a new character you will return to having all the safehouses, weapons and cars you had from when you were last playing that protagonist but it just doesn't all add up to me. I don't see character switching like COD. Working in an open world game like GTA. In RDR you switched characters after you had already beaten the main story and since you played as Johns son you just inherited everything he had and you could continue the stranger missions you had already started so it made no real difference. so I just don't see how it would work in GTA. And I wouldn't like it at all. The game would not feel as "open world" if I all of a sudden had to switch characters and not be able to continue to play with all the stuff I had aquired with one character until I reach another point in the story. I hope all these rumors are false.

Those are good points for it not being multiple protags., its been said many times before, but I think those other characters in the trailer are just other friends or enemies of the protag.

...That could be, but that's all been done as GTA's past. To make things the way GTA4 had been envisioned is that you experience THE CITY and MAP from different angles and perspectives. That's how it works, folks. That's the plan Rockstar would be shooting for with the concept

leik oh em jeez!

Heads up: Not everyone in the trailer is a protagonist, and not every black guy in the trailer is the same person, or even same two people.

I think the black guy running from the cops is not the guy with sunglasses on. Different forehead and brow. The guy on spedo and realistate and possibly sweater are all skinny so they could be same guy, not sure.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

The blue cars aren't even the same. It looks like 3 different cars (one of them actually looks like a blue version of the red convertible).

Black Sunshine

They just need to release new information already, to stop all of this madness. confused.gif

The Nefarious

I think you should've just posted this in the trailer analysis thread since this will probably get locked.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

Heads up: Not everyone in the trailer is a protagonist, and not every black guy in the trailer is the same person, or even same two people.

exactly right. None of those black guys look alike

I like how you think 3 or 4 different black guy's are the same guy.

You should not leave your house too often.

There is evidence of nothing here.

HERE IS THE HOLY GRAIL MOMENT !!!!!!

ITS A "PULP FICTION" Type story. Multiple Protaginists.

All coming to a final BIG TIED IN ending.

I'll accept your applause now!!!!!

oblivionskate
Yeah because D all black people look alike. sarcasm.gif

But Good Job. I see what your doing. I mean its pretty obvious will have more than one playable characters.

However, I know Rockstar is hiding some even more big and saving it for a later date to talk about!

Im black and I hate when people that aren't black say "you look like" "he looks like" "they look like". Im like WTF they look nothing alike! are you drunk!!!

Im black and I hate when people that aren't black say "you look like" "he looks like" "they look like". Im like WTF they look nothing alike! are you drunk!!! 

I know! people always say i look like this kid named tyler.. but when i ask why they just say "cuhz your both tall and black" im like -___-

Edited by DXfan01

The red & blue cars & their occupants are like the pills in the Matrix. We'll have to Choose one of them.

Quality find! But, I think we're only going to have one protagonist, the Ned Luke guy. I think if there were multiple protags, there would be multiple narrators. But in the beginning, the narrator seems to be answering a question. Maybe he's in interrogation and future trailers will have other peoples stories. Idk. Multiple protags would be interesting but annoying. I think it would be better to do something like EFLC. All the stories intertwine with each other.

As for the Blue and Red Cars, very suspicious. Could symbolize two warring powers, kinda like Bloodz vs. Cripz, but not.

Who the F knows! R* needs to release more info. They're making us sound like conspiracy theorists.

If they were to do multiple protags, like others said, you should choose the storyline you want to follow, and they all have the same ending.

I hope there's a broader civilian library than there was in IV... I saw the black guy with the scarf a lot haha

Edited by brs320

I know! people always say i look like this kid named tyler.. but when i ask why they just say "cuhz your both tall and black" im like -___-

I hear you man. I'm not even that dark skinned for a black dude but people will say I look like other black dudes they know , but I'll meet them and we look nothing alike.

DON'T QUOTE THE WHOLE POST, PLEASE - Barguast

I disagree with the black character. Looks like normal peds or a possible connection to one. I would have to say the one that is walking past the dealer/other black guy in alley may hold significance.

The one with the purple shirt does appear more than once, but I'm sure that's mere conicidence.

The only two characters I think will play a major role is the NDE-LUKE look-alike and the Hispanic guy in the Red Car and during the robbery/pursuit.

All the other characters, especially the black guys, may either be pedestrains or minor characters. Maybe one is the main protagonist or is siginificant to the story line. Not all black people are the same. You are ignorant if you think that; it is also very offensive. At least two of those characters are a different skin color; one is lighter the other is darker; howcan it be the same character?

Now, what really puzzles me is what the OP discusses about the POs (Police Officers). Granted; they could play some siginificance in the story but it looks like it may only be to chase the player or their friends/enemies. I have heard rumors though that you MIGHT play as acop in GTA V, but I'm not discussing that further.

Edited by Barguast

The one with the purple shirt does appear more than once, but I'm sure that's mere conicidence.

You mean the 2 black guy's with very different purple shirts.

One is a Shirt, (with buttons and collar and eveything), the other is a T-Shirt.

WTF guy's this topic is tripe.