Lebanon Fire A Rocket At Isreal

vertical limit

I don't really wanna be biased but Israel is superior militarily and the UN can't let them abuse their powers. They gotta fight terrorist, not bomb crowded cities.

Problem is, how do you combat the actions of irregular groups? You've got to respond somehow, but when you're responding against Gaza- which is one of the most heavily populated and urbanised places on earth, then regardless of what you do, you're going to bring civilians into the firing line. Especially seen as Hamas (and for that matter Hezbollah in Lebanon) actually use civilian buildings and areas as the points for attacks on Israel- intentionally using civilians as human shields. To be honest, everyone has a dig at Israel (and, God knows, I've accused them of use of disproportion aggression enough times over the years) but you've also got to understand how difficult the predicament that they're in. That said, actions such as the continued aggressive building in Arab areas of Jerusalem is like a red flag to a bull.

The Israeli's will not go back to the 1967 borders EVER. The borders are just not defendable in a strategic standpoint. All population centers would be within easy artillery range of attacking forces and the Jordan rift valley which is the best natural defense Israel has would be out of their control. Going back to the pre 1967 borders wouldn't even be close to getting a peaceful situation anyways. Only Jordan, Turkey, Tunisia and Egypt out of the middle eastern countries recognise Israel as a legitimate state along with a few of the small gulf emirates.

Very, very true. There are a number of theories presented as to how Israel could maintain pre-67 borders- van Creveld suggests sea-borne active missile defence and an escalation of construction of the Gaza "peace wall". Whilst you're right about few of Israel's neighbours recognising them, even fewer are in any position to confront Israel militarily, regardless of borders. The issue is more down to the large numbers of Israeli citizens living in occupied areas.

Edited by sivispacem

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Obviously more in the news since there's never really "Peace in the Middle East"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45520030/ns/wo...a/#.Ttku87JC80M

Keep on topic or just go away, please. Pakistan isn't even in the bloody Middle East, it's in South Asia.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Well, I don't know about that, I live in the USA! hahaha

(joke allowed I hope) I just was looking over the news, and I felt rather then create topics on it, paste it here)

Need a Berlin Wall built to keep sides with issues at bay, I say that in jest, but it's maddening

[This might help some like me who never travel...http://www.mapsofworld.com/physical-map/world.htm]

Edited by Slamman