Things that need to be changed

ArienMC

This isn't a wish list. This is list of things we come up with that we think need to be fixed or removed from the game. One of the biggest things that needs to be fixed is doing back flips on bikes. Why the hell does the bike spin around horizontally when your flipping backwards vertically? I don't know how many times that has happened to me in GTA IV and caused me to crash. What are some more things like that, that need to be changed?

Edit: Another thing is when you're free falling without a parachute I think you should be able to control your body, and be able to do flips, and spins, etc while in the air. I hated how it was just the same animation every time in GTAIV.

Edited by ArienMC

You need to be able to get food (and thus health) at your safehouse instead of having to go out and buy it. Jeez, doesn't anybody in Liberty own a refrigerator?

Also, bikes shouldn't pop up at a 90 degree angle when we bump into a trash can. confused.gif

pkmTc.gif

- Less sensitive "Euphoria-Balancing" trigger mechanism, Lets be honest... Euphoria is cool as f*ck, but the system is far from perfect. Everytime a car bumps into your character, the character can't balance himself and falls like a piece of sh*t... They need to make it less sensible, meaning only REAL hard bumps would turn on euphoria balancing.

- No more canceling the phone call if I'm hit.

- No more "invencible drivers", if the game doesn't want me to headshot someone, then find a clever way to do it. It breaks my immersion everytime I see a dude jump on the car, land 4 shots in his head and he just drives away so I can chase him.

- Less sensitive "Euphoria-Balancing" trigger mechanism, Lets be honest... Euphoria is cool as f*ck, but the system is far from perfect. Everytime a car bumps into your character, the character can't balance himself and falls like a piece of sh*t... They need to make it less sensible, meaning only REAL hard bumps would turn on euphoria balancing.

- No more "invencible drivers", if the game doesn't want me to headshot someone, then find a clever way to do it. It breaks my immersion everytime I see a dude jump on the car, land 4 shots in his head and he just drives away so I can chase him.

I agree with the first two. But I've never had a problem with the 3rd. In GTA IV I could always head shot people while they were driving, and get a OHK.

TheShogunOfHarlem

This is a parachute problem that goes back to GTA SA. When your parachute clips a building or any other tall object it completely disappears and you fall to you death. (in some cases) I'd hope they take a realistic approach and have you dangle wherever you get your parachute snagged on. I also would like to see emergency reserve chutes as well.

this is probably a repeat for me but you shouldn't be able to drive after smashing into a light post at 10000000km/h lol or driving straight into a curb and hopping it like it was nothing... I'm pretty sure your rims would be messed out like crazy. Again I know this is to the more realistic side of things and this is just a game but I would still like to see something close to this... it has been greatly improved from SA to IV which I enjoyed very much

this is probably a repeat for me but you shouldn't be able to drive after smashing into a light post at 10000000km/h lol or driving straight into a curb and hopping it like it was nothing... I'm pretty sure your rims would be messed out like crazy. Again I know this is to the more realistic side of things and this is just a game but I would still like to see something close to this... it has been greatly improved from SA to IV which I enjoyed very much

I agree. I think the damage to the cars needs to be changed. If I'm going full speed in the fastest car in the game, and crash into a brink building, I shouldn't be able to drive away in that car. It should be totaled.

Shotgun cops in multiplayer. It seems every time I get a good rampage going in multiplayer a goddamn shotgun cop comes outta nowhere and practically snipes my ass with it. Sometimes they even one shot me with it from well over a hundred feet even though I have at least half my armor and full health. Another problem I have with the cop AI in multiplayer is that it seems once they start drive-bying you they become more accurate from their vehicles than on foot which is just annoying. However it does seem like they fixed most of that in RDR.

Edited by J-B

inflamedeyeball

I agree with the first two. But I've never had a problem with the 3rd. In GTA IV I could always head shot people while they were driving, and get a OHK.

Maybe I'm not not getting what you guys are talking about, but there was at least one mission in IV where you chase someone who's invincible until he drives past a given map point. The mission was called "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle". It did break the immersion for me.

For as dumb as the cops act sometimes they are surgeons with both pistols and shotguns at ranges that are unrealistic. Particularly if your on a bike making your escape, they could tone that down. Also if you shoot someone as they are exiting their car they won't respond to being shot until the animation completes, it looks silly and is unnecessary.

You need to be able to get food (and thus health) at your safehouse instead of having to go out and buy it. Jeez, doesn't anybody in Liberty own a refrigerator?

Yeah, call Pizza this and let them deliver right away biggrin.gif

Have the ability to balance on top of a vehicle without falling off instantly, even if the car is only going like 5 mph.

Also if you shoot someone as they are exiting their car they won't respond to being shot until the animation completes, it looks silly and is unnecessary.

That was always hilarious.

Another technical thing:

The game needs to remember pedestrians driving cars better. I could riddle a white old lady's car with bullets, catch up with her only to find out the car is being driven now by a Puerto Rican man with a couple buddies.

Maybe I'm not not getting what you guys are talking about, but there was at least one mission in IV where you chase someone who's invincible until he drives past a given map point. The mission was called "I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle". It did break the immersion for me.

Oh you're talking about when you're doing missions. My bad. I thought you meant you couldn't kill people out of cars anytime.

I'm a pretty aggressive player when it comes to shoot-out in games, I stick to cover as little as possible, I rush a lot. So what usually happens is that I almost always break the scripting by trying to shot someone who wasn't supposed to be shot at that point. I lost the count of how many times I broke the scripting in World at War, every time some important NPC was supposed to die I was already shooting the killer before the animation played out (useless, of course, because the enemy was in god-mode till the animation played out)... And as inflamedeyeball said, it breaks the immersion totally.

This happened to me Twice in GTA IV.

One time, exactly as quoted above.

The second time happened in that mission were Niko is supposed to climb on a truck and balance himself on the top of it. Before this scene plays out, there is a shootout in a alley.

Since I was pretty much rushing thru it, scoring some good head-shots and moving forward fast, I was able to catch the truck driver as he was making a run for the truck. I nailed 3 shots in his head before he was able to get in the truck, then I tried to shoot him again thru the glass... When I realized it wasn't working, I tried to shoot the tires of the truck. As you guys can probably guess, nothing happened.

Pre-Scripted scenes needs to be carefully built, to find a way to make it happen without the player being able to do anything about it. Maybe these scenes plays better on the console version, because I think aiming on the PS3/360 is harder. I'm able to easily get headshots on blind-fire mode.

So, new things that bother me:

- Shooting on the PC version is waaay too easier. I want blind fire to be exactly what it is, blind... It is a tactical strategy to try to scare the enemies into cover.

- "Weapons given in missions that aren't really designed for them". Do anybody remembers the chainsaw in GTA: Vice City? It was given on a mission where you were supposed to kill a dude with it, then, the dude starts running on the street and you can't really catch up to him because the chainsaw slow you down. I believe most players just shot the motherf*cker down.

Another example was in the Ballad of Gay Tony, you were given those timed charges in the boat mission. It was just impossible to use it, you couldn't throw it forward, only sideways, and since the charges work by somewhat calculating how far the enemy is behind and how then releasing the charge with the right timing, it didn't really worked in a mission were you are supposed to chase the motherf*ckers.

"Weapons given in missions that aren't really designed for them".

Another example is the pipe-bomb mission in TLaD where you have to throw them sideways at moving trucks. Total pain in the ass to get the timing right. On the third try I just said screw it and blew the trucks up with the shotgun.

But one thing I really think needs to be fixed is the death/arrest system. I'm re-playing GTA1 now and there's a pro and a con to either dying or getting captured. If you die you lose a life and your weapons, but your score multiplier stays intact. If you get arrested you keep your life, but your multiplier drops by half. You do get to keep your weapons and multiplier if you have a get out of jail free card, though. For this reason it's mostly better to be arrested since score matters and jail cards aren't too hard to find.

As it is now there's absolutely no incentive to get arrested. If you get caught you pay $10k and lose your weapons. But if you die you pay $10k and keep your weapons. It is always better to just fight to the death in IV since there's really no punishment for dying. Off the top of my head I don't know a fix, but some re-balancing would be nice so you would have to weigh the consequences and benefits for choosing to shoot out with the police or comply. It seems death should always be a last resort since it is more serious than just going to jail.

Similarly, in GTA1 the cops wouldn't shoot at you even at 4 stars if you just stood still and didn't put up a fight. They only shoot to kill if you shoot them. RDR gave an option when you had a bounty to comply and you could go peacefully. In GTAIV though anything 2 stars or above and the cops want you dead no matter what. Even if you put your gun away and just stand there they'll mow you down. There should be an option to give up, especially if there's some benefit like I said in the above paragraph.

"Weapons given in missions that aren't really designed for them".

Another example is the pipe-bomb mission in TLaD where you have to throw them sideways at moving trucks. Total pain in the ass to get the timing right. On the third try I just said screw it and blew the trucks up with the shotgun.

But one thing I really think needs to be fixed is the death/arrest system. I'm re-playing GTA1 now and there's a pro and a con to either dying or getting captured. If you die you lose a life and your weapons, but your score multiplier stays intact. If you get arrested you keep your life, but your multiplier drops by half. You do get to keep your weapons and multiplier if you have a get out of jail free card, though. For this reason it's mostly better to be arrested since score matters and jail cards aren't too hard to find.

As it is now there's absolutely no incentive to get arrested. If you get caught you pay $10k and lose your weapons. But if you die you pay $10k and keep your weapons. It is always better to just fight to the death in IV since there's really no punishment for dying. Off the top of my head I don't know a fix, but some re-balancing would be nice so you would have to weigh the consequences and benefits for choosing to shoot out with the police or comply. It seems death should always be a last resort since it is more serious than just going to jail.

Similarly, in GTA1 the cops wouldn't shoot at you even at 4 stars if you just stood still and didn't put up a fight. They only shoot to kill if you shoot them. RDR gave an option when you had a bounty to comply and you could go peacefully. In GTAIV though anything 2 stars or above and the cops want you dead no matter what. Even if you put your gun away and just stand there they'll mow you down. There should be an option to give up, especially if there's some benefit like I said in the above paragraph.

I understand your frustration with that mission...

but the easy way is to take a car... drive them so they can't manouvre and then throw one...

But I get your point...they first time I needed to do it... I was surprised that johnny threw them so far away...

Buffalo Soldier

The Police being such girly bastards over their cars.

Honestly, this use to piss me off SO MUCH in Vice City & San Andreas and it's sort of improved a little bit in IV but it's still there - when you could be driving so fast - come to a red light and begin to slow down and you sort of bang into the back of a Cop Car and just kind of bump it, no damage done.

And they get out and start going crazy at you and you get a Wanted Level, it's even more annoying when you're the one who is being a good citizen just driving about - and THE POLICE HIT YOU first and then they still have the cheek to give you the wanted level and the un-needed chase, dick heads.

Considering you can blast by a cop going 150 mph running 30 red lights and annihilating other peoples vehicles without obtaining a wanted level, don't complain that the police react o you hitting their vehicle. It could be much worse.

Like most people have said the cops should be fixed and i agree with the shotgun cops they are annoying, and also the drive-bys the cops do at a 4 Star Level like they would do that in real life.

In real life if the police think you have become a lethal risk to public safety then they can take action with shooting out your tires or if they need to try to shoot you directly from their moving car. I've seen it happen on real life cop chase shows.

Buffalo Soldier
Considering you can blast by a cop going 150 mph running 30 red lights and annihilating other peoples vehicles without obtaining a wanted level, don't complain that the police react o you hitting their vehicle. It could be much worse.

Oh I know that, and I have no problem with them coming after me for HITTING them like properly crashing into them - but sometimes you could simply be going down a road and they pull out and you bump into them, and suddenly they get out and go crazy.

Like Taxi Drivers.. but with guns. sarcasm.gif

Ruthless_Villain

I'd really like the ability to just have the friggin guy sit! all these GTA games and building on realism and they can't add the feature we actually use everyday.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Shotgun cops in multiplayer. It seems every time I get a good rampage going in multiplayer a goddamn shotgun cop comes outta nowhere and practically snipes my ass with it. Sometimes they even one shot me with it from well over a hundred feet even though I have at least half my armor and full health. Another problem I have with the cop AI in multiplayer is that it seems once they start drive-bying you they become more accurate from their vehicles than on foot which is just annoying. However it does seem like they fixed most of that in RDR.

I agree with you.

I hate how the cops in freeroam multiplayer are ridiculously overpowered. Literally one shot from a pistol takes off half of your health/armor.

One thing that I'd like to see an improvement on is the helicopter flight physics. I like they way they handle, as they are relatively easy to control (if you know what you're doing). But being an aviation buff myself, I don't like the "auto level" that has been implemented. It seems like Rockstar did this to make it easier for your average Joe to fly, but I'd rather see the helicopter be completely under my control.

EagleStrike 20

Obviously I think the cops should not be allowed to shoot you, no matter the stars, unless you have used a gun on them previously. Even better would be if they only shot at you when you had a gun visible to them unless it was like a 6 star status.

Black Sunshine

Something like this. I found it extremely funny when I would jump out of a car that's going 1 mph, and I lay on the ground for 30 seconds. But, when I would jump out of a helicopter that's like 300 feet off the ground, and traveling 40 mph, I get right up off of my feet as soon as I hit the ground. It's really stupid.

And I think you should die easier whenever you are in a motorcycle accident. It was so damn un-realistic when you would be going like 80 mph into a wall on a motorcycle, and you get up like nothing happened.

grovestreet2010

He wasn't invincible when I played it. I managed to kill him in under 30 seconds because I was able to catch up to him and I shot him in the back. I did it at the end of the alley that you drive through after you go past the car that blows up.