Better car to buy

Ex Hellraiser

Ex Hellraiser

Ok, I'm going to be buying a used car, all of these are generally mid-late 90s. I wanna know which would be best, in good condition.

Acura Integra

Mitsubishi Eclipse

Honda Civic/CRX

Chevy Beretta

Chevy Camaro

Ford Mustang

Dodge Neon

Ford Focus

anything else in this similar range you can think of

leik oh em jeez!

Not the Neon. Out of those options I'd go with the Mustang, or Camaro.

Really depends on condition though.

Ok, I'm going to be buying a used car, all of these are generally mid-late 90s. I wanna know which would be best, in good condition.

Acura Integra

Mitsubishi Eclipse

Honda Civic/CRX

Chevy Beretta

Chevy Camaro

Ford Mustang

Dodge Neon

Ford Focus

anything else in this similar range you can think of

The Honda Civic and CRX are your best bets out of that list. Your worst buy would be the Beretta by far (virginmobile and an unreliable POS).

Ex Hellraiser

Yeah,i just need a small-ish car for school and work. mustang would work, but camaro is kinda stretching it confused.gif

What kind of budget are you working with? Along with the initial price, you need to also consider gas and insurance, and if the age listed in your profile is accurate then you're not going to have a fun time trying to insure a Mustang or Camaro. Personally I wouldn't be interested in much of anything on that list, but like Senex said, out of the possible choices I think a Civic or CRX would be your best bet. You're going to have a hard time finding a CRX at a good price that's worth buying, though.

Slosten.gif

Ex Hellraiser

Well I'm looking under $2500, and I get great grades and my brother is in military right now, so I can get some of the best insurance rates of someone my age, and that isn't my worry, cuz my parents have that covered lol. And most of these get pretty good mileage...

But I agree, the civic has been at the top of my list lately.

I would like the crx, but yes, it is hard to find good running ones...

leik oh em jeez!

The thing with CRXs and Integras is a lot of dumbasses think they're cool and try to buy them real cheap, repair the cars themselves even though they have no idea what they're doing, and then spend more money on ricing them out than they do on repairing them, not to mention being "cheap" two doors, they're the cars a lot of people buy just to beat on. And quite often a car that was built to get great mileage and be driven by grandma just can't take the strain of being driven by 18 year old f*cktards that think it's cool to do dumb sh*t.

I had one friend with an SLK and a CRX, he treated the SLK like gold, but continually beat the sh*t out of the CRX. Any problems with the SLK, and he made sure to fix it right. Problems with the CRX, and he'd take a hammer or welder to it until ran again. The problem is that a lot of people are the same same way. And some cars are just on everage not taken care of nearly as well as other cars, if that makes sense. While Mustangs and Camaros are also beat on quite often, people are generally more careful with them, and they were pretty much built to be beat on.

I hope at least some of that makes sense to you. While I don't like them, I'm not even trying to talk bad about the cheaper 'tuner' cars, just trying to warn you that if you are looking for one, try to get one that was a single owner and has been taken care of.

My step brother got a Del Sol for $300 and it's been nothing but problems for him. Of course he happens to be one of the dumbasses I was talking about, but either way the car has had major problems since the start.

Depends on how each car is specced. I'd go for a V8 Camaro or Mustang. They can be found in the 2500 range (mid 90's at least) Doubt you'll find a higher specced integra or eclipse for that price. CRX's are fun cars that can be had cheap. Good CRX's aren't too hard to find if you know where to look.

uYW1Olw.png

Ex Hellraiser

Well just so you guys all know I'm not a dumbass driver and I'm real careful with the things I get. Though the problem is that the people who are selling the cars aren't nessesarily careful. I also am taking auto tech classes and I know a very good mechanic

leik oh em jeez!

Very good to hear. But keep in mind that even if the seller isn't a dumb ass, most mid 90s cars aren't single owner. Make sure to check the car out good, and if your friend is a mechanic, you might even want to bring him with you to check out the car or test drive it. He'll probably be able to tell if there's something wrong with it.

Like my step brother's Del Sol, he thought it just needed new tires, ended up needing most of the front suspension replaced, which was quite expensive.

Toyota Camry, First car I ever rear-ended!

Expensive to fix. Get a GM G body! They rule.

Oldmobile Cutlass.

Pontiac Grand Am, nice affordable ride

Mistubishi Galant

For what I bought; The Cutlass and Eldorado were expensive, over $4000

I like the Buicks too though. Camaro is ho-hum, firebird offers the same interior by and large, and better looks

For daily transport, The smallish cars offer more economy. My 88 Sedan Devilles cost me only $500 each, used. They needed work over a year's time, however, but you'd have money left over at those prices. They get about 25MPG tops though, just below 20 in city driving, with a 4.5 liter V8

Edited by Slamman

But when would you be fixing a Camry? tounge.gif

Agree with you on G-body cars; almost did a double-take seeing "Oldsmobile Cutlass" for a second, though.

I'm quite happy with my del sol, but i guess im also lucky finding one in a good state.

It took me a while before finding one that wasn't beaten and riced up.

Ive done more then 5000km and havent had any problems so far, only had to fill up the oil once. smile.gif

it all depends on your taste though.

Ex Hellraiser
Toyota Camry, First car I ever rear-ended!

Expensive to fix. Get a GM G body! They rule.

Oldmobile Cutlass.

Pontiac Grand Am, nice affordable ride

Mistubishi Galant

For what I bought; The Cutlass and Eldorado were expensive, over $4000

I like the Buicks too though. Camaro is ho-hum, firebird offers the same interior by and large, and better looks

For daily transport, The smallish cars offer more economy. My 88 Sedan Devilles cost me only $500 each, used. They needed work over a year's time, however, but you'd have money left over at those prices. They get about 25MPG tops though, just below 20 in city driving, with a 4.5 liter V8

Toyota Camry, first car that ever rear ended me! nervous.gif but yeah I forgot about grand ams.they'd be on my list too. My mom had a 94 v6 that I'd have loved to have, but my brother totaled it cryani.gif

leik oh em jeez!

I can never get over how sexy that Camaro is! Probably can have a lot of fun with that in Sweden.

By the way, I hate people at my school who do this:

Avoid the Neon too. That video was a perfect example of the idiots I was talking about. Instead of replacing his window or buying matching wheels, he f*cks his car up even more by doing something stupid.

Ex Hellraiser

I also hate how everyone wants to ri gTtce up their cars by having black rims...so ya know what they do? Take off the factory wheel covers to show the ugly-ass stock black rims underneath... mercie_blink.gif every other car I see nowadays is like that.even nice cars...

leik oh em jeez!

Steelies. Personally I only like on a few vehicles. For instance on a caprice, it makes it look like a police package, which looks okay. And I'm rocking black steel wheels on my Suburban right now. But I've still got the factory chrome center caps and beauty rings on it.

I hate Grand Ams and Neons, personally. I'd recommend Toyota or Honda honestly. I had tons of fun with my Camry when I had it and my Brothers first car was a CRX, absolute blast to drive.

But I've still got the factory chrome center caps and beauty rings on it.

Generally speaking, beauty rings are the most horrid looking thing ever. It's like you're trying to look like you have a wheel with a chrome/polished lip but are too cheap to buy a wheel with said lip.

uYW1Olw.png

leik oh em jeez!

Meh, looks better than straight black to me, and it's a factory wheel.

Ex Hellraiser

Well Thanks guys ill be sure to direct my searches to mostly Civics

Edited by fatal1ty619

But I've still got the factory chrome center caps and beauty rings on it.

Generally speaking, beauty rings are the most horrid looking thing ever. It's like you're trying to look like you have a wheel with a chrome/polished lip but are too cheap to buy a wheel with said lip.

Now I've read this I've just realised my car has beauty rims, haha! I kinda like them though, better than just plain black steelies.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.