What happened to packie?

mediocore

Maybe he was included in the final scene for a couple of reasons:

1) He's one of the few IV supporting characters who didn't really have a ending to in story in the main games, and that was what the closing cinematic of TBoGT was about.

2) The fact he leave town points to how his story mirrors Niko's: like Niko, he has had his family torn apart and people close to him killed, so he's leaving to go somewhere where Things Will Be Different.

Yea Things Will Be Different, I see what your suggesting and I agree but he couldnt have been the guy talkin in the trailer and he didn't look anything alike the other characters feautured in the trailer so what's his role in this?

I understand why he'd wanna leave but what's his role in V, I guess we,ll just have to wait and see but it's always worth speculating..

John The Grudge

Why the hell would Packie be in GTA V? He was a rubbish character anyway. I wanted him to get killed in GTA IV.

1) He's one of the few IV supporting characters who didn't really have a ending to in story in the main games, and that was what the closing cinematic of TBoGT was about.

2) The fact he leave town points to how his story mirrors Niko's: like Niko, he has had his family torn apart and people close to him killed, so he's leaving to go somewhere where Things Will Be Different.

The main character can't be Packie, because both 4 & 5 take place in

present day. So unless Packie magically aged 20 years, it's not him.

I doubt he will be in 5. I agree with what Staten said. They were just ending

his story. Where he goes and what he does is open ended, it's

all up to you. They left it open - like the ending of the Sopranos.

Lol.

sigh.gif

talk about wishful thinking... I don't really care about Packie at all, so I wouldn't miss him confused.gif

Edited by Mikey_Navaja

Halo_Override
Why the hell would Packie be in GTA V? He was a rubbish character anyway. I wanted him to get killed in GTA IV.

Funny how nearly everytime someone posts with The Truth as their avatar, I end up agreeing with them.

I Am Jeff Terry

"everything is comin up Milhouse!"

I can't see characters not crossing over, I think Packie will be there and Niko will be there, or at least we will hear about him.

G1T

tenpennyisplainevil

the old dude is completely not Packie, not even relative. but Packie does look like one of the heist ppl

The main character can't be Packie, because both 4 & 5 take place in

present day. So unless Packie magically aged 20 years, it's not him.

I doubt he will be in 5. I agree with what Staten said. They were just ending

his story. Where he goes and what he does is open ended, it's

all up to you. They left it open - like the ending of the Sopranos.

Lol.

sigh.gif

Good points, however there is not enough info available to know whether the old guy is the protagonist or not, the narrator might be an imortant friend of the protagonist for all we know.

Two different eras, having old GTA characters is impossible. We never saw a character from the 3rd era in the 4th, only Claude's clothes as an unlockable.

They don't look alike anyway.

Truth. He's gotta be in the game in some form, all due to the credits in TBoGT. Why else would they show Packie like that?

And we never would have known Luis was nearly definite to be the second episodic protagonist, if it weren't for his appearance in TLAD's credits. Not saying Packie will be a protagonist, but I'm just saying.. credits.

They were probably going to make a 3rd DLC and gave up on it. Who knows.

Hydro_PlayboyX
Two different eras, having old GTA characters is impossible. We never saw a character from the 3rd era in the 4th, only Claude's clothes as an unlockable.

im not sure if v is in new era because we saw jerry kapowitz, game runs on same engine nd there are same car models

Since Niko arrived the McReary family got ruined.Packie knew staying around Niko would mean certain death so he left the city bored.gif

"They might be related."

.....really?

Packie is irish. Ned luke, is not.

Because Packie sounded totally Irish, didn't he?

It's Irish-American. Packie just had a bit of heritage.

Halo_Override

The McReary family is the Roy Earle of GTA IV.

Written well enough to start with, but then apparently handed off to a B-team who screwed up the casting and execution so badly that it actually makes the entire game worse by association.

"They might be related."

.....really?

Yeah, because Michael Hollick was totally serbian.

Buffalo Soldier

He probably went to Dublin to help his family or something, or Northern Ireland - so a few years down the line if Rockstar ever base a game in the UK/Ireland, he should appear.

At the end of BoGT, Packie McReary is seen heading for the airport. One can only speculate he was heading to SA.

We know Niko Belic had a plane ticket there.

"They might be related."

.....really?

No, his character is Italian-American. But he's an associate of an Irish mob, does that count?

And Packie left for Ireland. You could hear him talking about going to Ireland after he gets drunk.

"They might be related."

.....really?

No, his character is Italian-American. But he's an associate of an Irish mob, does that count?

And Packie left for Ireland. You could hear him talking about going to Ireland after he gets drunk.

McReary. Sounds pretty irish to me.

De Silva. Sounds portugese/brazillian/hispanic to me.

"They might be related."

.....really?

McReary. Sounds pretty irish to me.

De Silva. Sounds portugese/brazillian/hispanic to me.

Who's to say that's his Name? Everyone calls him that because of the Rush Casting Calls but they have never been proven True and if they are True Rockstar could have changed it.