Race Ya!?

Slamman

I actually won't race you, but I would like an informal show of hands, WHO plans to try and go for a Key To the City like contest to race through the standard missions in the shortest time? Or at least save the exploring till last?

I know this came up a while ago, or at least I believe it did, but this time I'm too lazy to dig for the topic

The Key to the City was an actual award from Rockstar, and one guy thought to ask would they do that again, It made a few people mad who were reading postings only to have the game spoiled because Spoiler tag BB codes were not in place when the frenzy began... I mean to say, they were not being used liberally ... And Mods have to make edits and warn people

It proposes a second part question... ? Will you leave GTAF once you have the game so as not to be spoiled, and if you know already?? Would you return after a given time? I ask because I KNOW some people I conversed with never came back since GTA IV dropped! haha

Probably. I had IV's storyline spoiled by coming on here before getting the game. As for racing through the storyline? I personally won't do that. I'm the king of procrastination haha

I think its a great topic, 1st person to beat the game from instaling it till final mission b4 a certain date. i rekn is the best way to go.

2nd Question Asnwer : i would rather not find out anything about the game till i can install it & find out for myself...

But trhis also raises the question will pc be realesed @ the same time as Console, this time around alot if not all PC gamers want it same time..

I for one like to enjoy the game insttead of racing to finish it...like what the hell is the point?...WHAT good comes out of it besisdes a sh*tty silver trophy?

I'm not one for 100%-ing games, I just do what I find fun and ignore what I don't. It's gonna be interesting to see how quickly people 100% it though.

As for visiting these forums when V drops, I always stop visiting a dedicated game forum about a week before release to avoid spoilers then I'll start visiting again after I complete the story, that's if I get any time to as no doubt I'll be playing the hell out of V for weeks before I even think about playing another game.

I remember at first, the leaked ACTUAL gameplay videos, though it was YouTube, anyone excitedly posting it here got in trouble, The GTAF connection with Rockstar, in a sense, Had to shun that activity, like the scanning of articles and talking TOO MUCH about Hot Coffee. No one I know was banned over it, but it did cause Mods to clamp down here

I feel like I should give it a go, just concentrate on the story, hope not to get stuck on a mission. In GTA IV if I remember, between missions you could set your cell phone for SLEEP so no calls for dating would disrupt your own activity, but once you got back into missions, you were live.

Your phone would again ring. I don't think you'll have to sift and delete this time around, it's ALWAYS annoying deleting old messages! hahaha

I'm going to take the game really slow, make it last. Pick up the details, explore, find hidden packs etc...

And yeah I'm getting away from gtaf when it comes out, too many douchebags around here ..

Already had IV, RDR and LA N's story spoiled by members from this forum, not happening again icon13.gif

IMPO:

"People who race through the game just ruin the meaning of what a GTA or any video game is. It is art; not a toy that should be used once. It is creative writing personfied through special graphics and gameplay. It is a masterpiece; it is a GOTY, lol".

No one really suggests you'll race through it to only play it once, and with MP, that's not likely given the enthusiasm over online play these days

Ill play it slowly first to enjoy it after I complete the story Ill play it as fast as possible to get the key. smile.gif

I'm going to take the game really slow, make it last. Pick up the details, explore, find hidden packs etc...

And yeah I'm getting away from gtaf when it comes out, too many douchebags around here ..

Already had IV, RDR and LA N's story spoiled by members from this forum, not happening again icon13.gif

Exactly this. When I started playing IV and RDR, i always do the first few missions which give you the tutorials and lets you go free. After that I try to do all sidequests, activities, whatever available before doing the next story mission.

Also, not even just avoid the forum, but any related youtube video, or gaming sites altogether. I got RDR IV and LA noire spoiled from youtube and some gaming communities other than GTAF, think IGN or Gamespot.

I'll actually have to force myself to just do missions, and perhaps unlock a similar New York Minute Achievement ??!!

I had 103 hours playtime in total on GTA IV and about 80 hours before I completed the storyline so I'm not one for rushing things and I like to explore Multiplayer before rushing into the missions. If there are any achievements in V like there was in IV for finishing the storyline in less than 30 hours, then I will go back and do them after, like I did in IV, but I definately won't be wasting the storyline to a game that has been awaited Sooooooo long.