Questions on the 'Report' Button

grope_4_that_date

grope_4_that_date

I just have a few quick questions regarding the Report Button...

• Is there a limit to how many topics you can report?

• If the 'box' doesn't pop up, does that mean it's already been reported?

• Are the reports anonymous? (meaning will the person who reported it be identified)

Sorry if there is already a topic on this. I'm sure there is, but I could not find it. Thanks for the help. turn.gif

1. No. Be sure that the post warrants reporting though, don't report someone for disagreeing with you or something. wink.gif

2. Yes. A box saying "this post has been reported" and a redirect link pop up instead of the white text box.

3. The person reading the report knows who it came from, but the person whose post is reported won't know. Unless for example I report Adler in the mod forums or Murdoc in the gaming chat forums, in which case they will know I reported them because they are the ones reading the report.

Edited by fireguy109

pkmTc.gif

grope_4_that_date

Thanks fireguy109 icon14.gif And, maybe I'll throw one more question in there. cool.gif

• Do moderators like when posts are reported? Basically, does it ever get annoying?

I have been noticing a lot that the GTA5 section is being drowned in pointless topics. I've been doing my best to report the ones I think are useless, but I don't want to come off as annoying or snobby.

Thanks fireguy109  icon14.gif And, maybe I'll throw one more question in there.  cool.gif

• Do moderators like when posts are reported? Basically, does it ever get annoying?

I have been noticing a lot that the GTA5 section is being drowned in pointless topics. I've been doing my best to report the ones I think are useless, but I don't want to come off as annoying or snobby.

It only gets annoying if the person doing the reporting is excessive with it. As long as they are things warranting a report, then it's just part of the job.

No one could possibly report as many posts as Demarest used to. I was a mod for less than a year and he'd have 30 of them a day. It was insane.

usZpdN9.png

Thanks fireguy109  icon14.gif And, maybe I'll throw one more question in there.  cool.gif

It only gets annoying if the person doing the reporting is excessive with it. As long as they are things warranting a report, then it's just part of the job.

No one could possibly report as many posts as Demarest used to. I was a mod for less than a year and he'd have 30 of them a day. It was insane.

I don't mean to sound rude, but why were you de-modded?

Edited by blitz

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I'll admit, when I'm on a roll I'll report a lot of spam/hateful use less posts in a very short time. I do not however expect action to be taken at the drop of a dime, it's just flagged so it can be dealt with whenever possible. In such a case like a spam bot topic with a possible harmful link entailed, that's getting a ton of dumb ass replies I may make a few more reports so it stands out.

fV9tG4b.gif

2. Yes. A box saying "this post has been reported" and a redirect link pop up instead of the white text box.

Good job on questions 1 and 3, but #2 is not right, as if you hit "report post" on a topic that has already been reported, the only thing it does is just simply reloads the page. I have confirmed that on IE 6, 7, 8, and 9 as well as Firefox and Chrome. Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

But, as far as the Report Post thing goes, it helps the Mods/led-by's/Admins as they cannot always be online to spot problems and violations, so this gives them a heads up on the situation with the Forums...

But, the problems in the V section happens with every new GTA game-it happened in the IV section when IV was announced, the SA section when it was announced, and more than likely-to a lesser degree-in the VC and III sections when those games were announced...People posting new topics and being too lazy to use the Search function or reviewing the section to see if there is a similar topic. This problem has got worse from IV onwards, as back during III, VC, and SA'a run(and VCS and LCS for that matter), we didn't really have a problem with dumb/duplicate/non-sense topics, as people back then used the Search feature(except back when it was disabled).... confused.gif

You must have very fast internet service. My internet is pretty fast, but this still shows for a few seconds...

http://i.imgur.com/73Qms.jpg

That's what happens when I click the "report post" function on this post - link.

Just so you know. It must be nice having speedy internet. smile.gif On my other computer (really slow IE, as compared to my speedy Chrome) that screen stays up for up to five seconds.

pkmTc.gif

You must have very fast internet service. My internet is pretty fast, but this still shows for a few seconds...

http://i.imgur.com/73Qms.jpg

That's what happens when I click the "report post" function on this post - link.

Just so you know. It must be nice having speedy internet. smile.gif On my other computer (really slow IE, as compared to my speedy Chrome) that screen stays up for up to five seconds.

That looks like a PC related issue, as I get that on my Vista desktop sometimes, however, I never really see that screen on my laptop-either the XP Pro one or the Windows 7 one. As far as my Internet goes, I have Cox Communications internet with up to 15mbps download and 2mbps uploads, Plus, Cox Communications has "Turbo Boost" which automatically increases the speeds when needed.

As seen in this video, the only time that screen really pops up is when using one of the search functions: tounge2.gif

Thanks fireguy109 icon14.gif And, maybe I'll throw one more question in there. cool.gif

They like it. You are helping them. Many people get commended for doing it alot.

Yl8KS.jpg

Narcis_speed6

This is how the report window looks, so you can make a basic idea of what kind of information we receive.

user posted image

• Like 1

This is how the report window looks, so you can make a basic idea of what kind of information we receive.

user posted image

Jesus!!! THATS TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
x3FWE.png

Narcis_speed6
sh*t, now I have to go to spank room, again.
  • Like 1

They like it. You are helping them. Many people get commended for doing it alot.

Very true. I used to send PMs thanking those who would report offending posts and topics. It makes the work of staff very streamlined, especially during those 'onslaught' periods like the release of a trailer or even, god forsake, release day.

I don't mean to sound rude, but why were you de-modded?

To be honest I don't 100% remember. I think my situation changed and I was going to be without internet for a long time, so I stepped down. Never earned it back I guess. This was like, 2004 or 2005. Would be fun again.

• Like 1

usZpdN9.png

Yep, Report instead of flaming, That's best. I know since I often feel compelled to reply, and that's just not the best approach

grope_4_that_date

user posted image

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

• Like 1