Niko, Roman, Brucie dead?

gtafreak103

leik oh em jeez!

Not every car is reused, there have been plenty of newly designed cars too. The reason they're not completely new and have new looks, is because look at the cars of this year and next, compared to '08. Not much difference there, is there? Cars being reused says nothing, and is a moot point to whether GTAV is a new Era or not.

As for RAGE, they could have finally hit a new mark in it's development, and so it's nothing like GTAIV's use of RAGE, or even RDR's.

And like I said, with what R* stated with GTAV pushing both systems to their limits, that just shows me that they want to at least get one last game out, because what they're shooting for can no longer be properly expressed on this gen. of consoles, so it's the last but they want people to see what they can do in the future.

NO cars were reused in GTA IV from the III era. And you're kid of contradicting yourself. If it is SUCH an improvement, why would they use the same quality car models from IV?

As for the engine, that has meant nothing in the past. SA's engine was VASTLY improved from VC, in the same way you're saying V will be from IV, so my comparison still stands. And in the past it hasn't been "improved" versions of the same engine for new eras, it was all out new engine.

Were any of the protags. from III to IV in the games after they were in their original games? That is my question.

Claude was in San Andreas.

What fact? The fact that I gave out my opinion, you didn't commented on it and all you could say is "you sound like you started playing GTA on Vice City", yeah? Go troll someone else kid.

Oh and Lazlow doesn't count as a character, since he is the exception of the GTA universe.

He is the only character who is a real person.

First of all kid, don't call me kid. You're the one who didn't play GTA until SA. Second of all, your immaturity stands out like a sore thumb when you get all pissed off over one post like you did. Thirdly, you don't even understand the definition of trolling, so don't use the word.

Fourthly, I didn't use Lazlow as an example of a returning character linking the games, I simply stated he was also in IV. You misunderstood the post entirely, and then try to argue over the point that you missed. Good job buddy.

R* said no characters from GTA III would be in GTA IV, so, that pretty much means they DON'T consider LazLow a character, and that makes sense right? Since he is basically the series co-writer as far as the radio station dialogue goes, so, he is in the games more as a "Cameo" than as a character.

He's a radio personality, not a story related character. This has been discussed many times before.

Edited by leik oh em jeez!

I don't mean to harp on the issue but does anyone know of any protag. that appeared in any game after their debut? To my knowledge it hasn't happened and with that I say why expect it to happen now? I don't remember Claude in SA. When? I don't know.

Lazlow not being a real character kind of proves his point, seeing as no story-related characters crossed from the III era into IV.  There's no way to know whether V is going to be a new era or not, since this is the first time Rockstar has released two numbered games on the same generation of consoles (excluding GTA I & II).  I can't imagine them leaving the IV characters so soon, but I guess we'll find out.

R* said no characters from GTA III would be in GTA IV, so, that pretty much means they DON'T consider LazLow a character, and that makes sense right? Since he is basically the series co-writer as far as the radio station dialogue goes, so, he is in the games more as a "Cameo" than as a character.

With that said, I don't have an opinion if characters from GTA IV will appear on GTA V, R* will just decided it if it fits or not... I see no reason for the whole "era" discussion. R* used it loosely. If the character fit and it will give something more to the game, I'm sure we will be seeing some old faces, if R* feels an all new experience is needed, then no.

All this debate about eras is pointless.

I agree about Lazlow being nothing more than a cameo, so I guess we were pretty much debating on the same side of the arguement.

As for returning characters, if any do, I don't want it to feel forced; A lot of people speculate Packie being in GTA V, but that doesn't mean he should be popping out from every corner of the story. Actual characters shouldn't feel like cameos.

@Jeeebuuus: We weren't talking about protagonists, just characters in general. But to answer your question, Claude is the only protagonist (with the exception of Episodes/Stories characters) to appear in another protagonists story.

Edited by AlecOfTheWest

I don't mean to harp on the issue but does anyone know of any protag. that appeared in any game after their debut? To my knowledge it hasn't happened and with that I say why expect it to happen now? I don't remember Claude in SA. When? I don't know.

Claude appeared in GTA: San Andreas after his debut in GTA III.

Some people speculate that Claude Speed (the dude from GTA II, also on my picture <---) is the same as Claude from GTA 3, but I don't see it as such.

Edit: as far as "numbered" GTA games go, If I'm not mistaken El Burro is the only (side) character to be present in more than one GTA, he was in GTA 1 and GTA 3...

Edited by Ratone

Claude appeared in GTA: San Andreas after his debut in GTA III.

Some people speculate that Claude Speed (the dude from GTA II, also on my picture <---) is the same as Claude from GTA 3, but I don't see it as such.

Oh, I see. There doesn't seem to be any reason to believe that Tommy, CJ, or Niko will appear. Claude on the other hand could as an inside joke. Or beloved cameo if you will.

NO cars were reused in GTA IV from the III era. And you're kid of contradicting yourself. If it is SUCH an improvement, why would they use the same quality car models from IV?

As for the engine, that has meant nothing in the past. SA's engine was VASTLY improved from VC, in the same way you're saying V will be from IV, so my comparison still stands. And in the past it hasn't been "improved" versions of the same engine for new eras, it was all out new engine.

Claude was in San Andreas.

That's because the years from GTAIII ERA to GTAIV Era are so great, and different. Look at the years the cars GTAIII Era games took from, and look at how different they are from the ones that GTAIV took from. Now look at the cars that GTAIV took from, and see the cars of today, that GTAV will no doubt take from, and you see hardly any difference in them at all. The cars of today, look totally different from the cars in the 80s and 90s, there's no doubt. The cars of 2008, hardly look much different than those of 2011/12, which is why the cars in GTAIV and GTAV have the same look. If they'd made GTAV ten years from now, this issue wouldn't be one, because the cars will probably look completely different than they do now, compared to ten years from now.

And as for SA and Vice City's engines, they were the same thing. They both used the same engine, only SA beefed it up more, just like RDR beefed up RAGE compared to what GTAIV had. Just because it hasn't been improved upon engines in the past, that also define a GTA Era, doesn't mean they can't do it now? Like I said, nothing is written in stone on how R* has to go about this, they can go about it anyway they like. Just because they're doing something different now like starting a new possible Era at the end of a consoles gen., rather than at the start of a new one, beefing up an already used engine, using some of the same car models, and so forth, doesn't necessarily mean they're doing the same Era. GTAV isn't even the FIFTH game in the series by a long shot, which is another reason why it is likely to be a new Era.

I honestly think the reason why R* called the game GTA 5/Five is:

- The wordplay with money, since it's the theme of the game

- To avoid confusion with the DLCs for GTA IV.

- GTA Los Santos would sound like sh*t, GTA Money, GTA Old Protagonist, GTA Redemption, GTA Greed would suck too.

- GTA Los Santos would sound like sh*t, GTA Money, GTA Old Protagonist, GTA Redemption, GTA Greed would suck too.

I'm betting on this one; they could call it Los Santos, but the fact that we've already experienced LS makes the title sound anti-climatic (even if they redo the city); if it's the whole state, San Andreas 2 would sound equally stupid (this isn't Final Fantasy).

I honestly think the reason why R* called the game GTA 5/Five is:

- The wordplay with money, since it's the theme of the game

- To avoid confusion with the DLCs for GTA IV.

Nice. Someone who gets it.

leik oh em jeez!

That's because the years from GTAIII ERA to GTAIV Era are so great, and different. Look at the years the cars GTAIII Era games took from, and look at how different they are from the ones that GTAIV took from. Now look at the cars that GTAIV took from, and see the cars of today, that GTAV will no doubt take from, and you see hardly any difference in them at all. The cars of today, look totally different from the cars in the 80s and 90s, there's no doubt. The cars of 2008, hardly look much different than those of 2011/12, which is why the cars in GTAIV and GTAV have the same look. If they'd made GTAV ten years from now, this issue wouldn't be one, because the cars will probably look completely different than they do now, compared to ten years from now. And as for SA and Vice City's engines, they were the same thing. They both used the same engine, only SA beefed it up more, just like RDR beefed up RAGE compared to what GTAIV had. Just because it hasn't been improved upon engines in the past, that also define a GTA Era, doesn't mean they can't do it now? Like I said, nothing is written in stone on how R* has to go about this, they can go about it anyway they like. Just because they're doing something different now like starting a new possible Era at the end of a consoles gen., rather than at the start of a new one, beefing up an already used engine, using some of the same car models, and so forth, doesn't necessarily mean they're doing the same Era. GTAV isn't even the FIFTH game in the series by a long shot, which is another reason why it is likely to be a new Era.

Your argument is becoming more and more vague. The III era used the same cars from as far back as 1984 to 2001. But NO cars were reused from 2001 to 2008. So that completely wipes out your entire first paragraph.

And using the same car models, they have the same quality. Which wipes out you idea of it being a new era because of the higher quality.

GTA V will used an improved version of RAGE just like VC and SA used improved versions of the RenderWare Engine.

Rockstar only starts new eras when it makes things easier for them. In this case, it would not. They have NO REASON to start a new era.

R* has taken more time with this game than any GTA. Is that not right? Whos to say what they have done with the final product that we haven't speculated using the previous games as a reference? They could have completely mind f*cked us with something we lesser mortals could have never come up with. Speculating is fun and all but lets not forget that these are the people that brought us here. Creative geniuses I mean.

R* has taken more time with this game than any GTA. Is that not right? Whos to say what they have done with the final product that we haven't speculated using the previous games as a reference? They could have completely mind f*cked us with something we lesser mortals could have never come up with. Speculating is fun and all but lets not forget that these are the people that brought us here. Creative geniuses I mean.

We don't know how much time they've spent on it, but I would guess since they're still using RAGE and Euphoria, it's been less time than IV.

We don't know how much time they've spent on it, but I would guess since they're still using RAGE and Euphoria, it's been less time than IV.

Your right we don't know how much time. I was measuring from game to game. My point still stands.

That's because the years from GTAIII ERA to GTAIV Era are so great, and different. Look at the years the cars GTAIII Era games took from, and look at how different they are from the ones that GTAIV took from. Now look at the cars that GTAIV took from, and see the cars of today, that GTAV will no doubt take from, and you see hardly any difference in them at all. The cars of today, look totally different from the cars in the 80s and 90s, there's no doubt. The cars of 2008, hardly look much different than those of 2011/12, which is why the cars in GTAIV and GTAV have the same look. If they'd made GTAV ten years from now, this issue wouldn't be one, because the cars will probably look completely different than they do now, compared to ten years from now. And as for SA and Vice City's engines, they were the same thing. They both used the same engine, only SA beefed it up more, just like RDR beefed up RAGE compared to what GTAIV had. Just because it hasn't been improved upon engines in the past, that also define a GTA Era, doesn't mean they can't do it now? Like I said, nothing is written in stone on how R* has to go about this, they can go about it anyway they like. Just because they're doing something different now like starting a new possible Era at the end of a consoles gen., rather than at the start of a new one, beefing up an already used engine, using some of the same car models, and so forth, doesn't necessarily mean they're doing the same Era. GTAV isn't even the FIFTH game in the series by a long shot, which is another reason why it is likely to be a new Era.

Your argument is becoming more and more vague. The III era used the same cars from as far back as 1984 to 2001. But NO cars were reused from 2001 to 2008. So that completely wipes out your entire first paragraph.

And using the same car models, they have the same quality. Which wipes out you idea of it being a new era because of the higher quality.

GTA V will used an improved version of RAGE just like VC and SA used improved versions of the RenderWare Engine.

Rockstar only starts new eras when it makes things easier for them. In this case, it would not. They have NO REASON to start a new era.

Seriously, that does hardly anything to wipe out what I said. You're either just ignoring what I'm trying to say, or just incapable of understanding what I'm trying to get past to you. What I'm trying to get to you, is that GTAIV is not that far from GTAV when it comes to the years in between, like GTA Vice City and SA were (one in the mid-80s and the other the early 90s). The cars don't look in V compared to IV, different from one another, because of the fact that GTAIV takes place in '08, and GTAV will likely take place next year, in 2012. The cars of the '08 models (in the real world), don't look much different from 2011/12 models, and that's why R* has reused GTAIV's car models, because there hasn't been such a change as there was in previous decades like say the 50s to the 60s, or 80s to the 90s.

That doesn't tell us they're using the same models when it comes to handling or anything either, they could be completely revamped and new, compared to what IV had them as.

And what is your logic/reasons for why R* can't make a new Era, when they apparently have no reason to. Do you work at R*? Do you know their reasoning behind anything new coming out, that all we've seen so far is a trailer and release statement? No.

leik oh em jeez!

Seriously, that does hardly anything to wipe out what I said. You're either just ignoring what I'm trying to say, or just incapable of understanding what I'm trying to get past to you. What I'm trying to get to you, is that GTAIV is not that far from GTAV when it comes to the years in between, like GTA Vice City and SA were (one in the mid-80s and the other the early 90s). The cars don't look in V compared to IV, different  from one another, because of the fact that GTAIV takes place in '08, and GTAV will likely take place next year, in 2012. The cars of the '08 models (in the real world), don't look much different from 2011/12 models, and that's why R* has reused GTAIV's car models, because there hasn't been such a change as there was in previous decades like say the 50s to the 60s, or 80s to the 90s.

That doesn't tell us they're using the same models when it comes to handling or anything either, they could be completely revamped and new, compared to what IV had them as.

And what is your logic/reasons for why R* can't make a new Era, when they apparently have no reason to. Do you work at R*? Do you know their reasoning behind anything new coming out, that all we've seen so far is a trailer and release statement? No.

You don't even understand your own point. Why do you think GTA IV didn't reuse cars from GTA III?

ALL of the III era games prove that they don't mind reusing cars up to 17 years old. So why wouldn't they reuse GTA III cars, only 7 years old, in IV? Because it's a new era. But they don't start over with V, because it's the same era.

And why do I think they're not starting a new era when they have no reason to? Is that really your question? To answer that, it's because they have no reason to.

No I don't work for Rockstar, but I do have basic understanding of marketing, business practices, and game design, and I also actually read Rockstar's press releases and interviews with employees. Which by most standards, would make me more informed than you with your ability to identify a roman numeral.

I'll say it again, EVERY factor points towards same era except for the V, which there are multiple already mentioned reasons to use the V even within the same era. So the only reason you have for thinking new era is a piece of evidence that could go either way.

So, the reason why GTA-V and GTA IV are in the same era is because R* didn't used GTA3 car models in GTA4... really? really? Is that the logic?

hint-hint: Playstation 2 3D Models don't look good when put side-to-side to Playstation 3 3D Models

hint-hint: Reusing 3D models don't have anything to do with continuity, all GTA games share the same car names, so, that must mean they're all on the same universe right? Reusing stuff

i posted this a while back, it also talks about the grafitti.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=ST&f=239&t=492446

Basically... with the release of IV, the gta games have become a Multiverse.

the GTA III era games(III,VC,SA) take place in a alternate reality, separate from GTA:IV (the better graphics setting them apart from each other).

Nothing has Offically been said IF GTA: V is in the same as IV, or the III era (or possibly even separate from both).

But considering that V has the same graphics, it is implied that V will be the same reality as IV.

the III area character may not be "dead", but rockstar does not intend to use the III era reality for the games anymore.

they seem to want to start fresh, a new beginning.

Edited by garinhash

leik oh em jeez!

So, the reason why GTA-V and GTA IV are in the same era is because R* didn't used GTA3 car models in GTA4... really? really? Is that the logic?

hint-hint: Playstation 2 3D Models don't look good when put side-to-side to Playstation 3 3D Models

hint-hint: Reusing 3D models don't have anything to do with continuity, all GTA games share the same car names, so, that must mean they're all on the same universe right? Reusing stuff

Hint hint: Read some press releases and interviews. Rockstar started anew with GTA IV because they felt they couldn't achieve the proper feel of the game using III eras characters and maps. Being in Los Santos, they have no reason to abandon GTA IV's "universe", it's much easier for them to reuse it. Rockstar has just as much reason to start a new era as you have to go outside, walk for four hours, and stare at a rock on the ground. Quit being a f*cktard and look at it from Rockstar's point of view. They're the ones making the game, they aren't going to do something like that for no reason.

I read somewhere that R* created a new "universe" for IV because they didn't feel like they could use the characters from the III era due to them being in different quality graphics.

Oh and Nilhilist, going by your theory, because for R* nothing is set in stone. Then that means it isn't set in stone that they have to use a different era with each Roman Numeral game.

I can't wait until the game comes and confirms the answer to this stupid fanboy rife. It's ridiculous and pointless. The way I see it, is that if Rockstar want characters to return, they will. I f they don't then they won't. It's pretty simple.

I read somewhere that R* created a new "universe" for IV because they didn't feel like they could use the characters from the III era due to them being in different quality graphics.

Somehow the same logic doesn't apply to Max Payne.

Hint hint: Read some press releases and interviews. Rockstar started anew with GTA IV because they felt they couldn't achieve the proper feel of the game using III eras characters and maps. Being in Los Santos, they have no reason to abandon GTA IV's "universe", it's much easier for them to reuse it. Rockstar has just as much reason to start a new era as you have to go outside, walk for four hours, and stare at a rock on the ground. Quit being a f*cktard and look at it from Rockstar's point of view. They're the ones making the game, they aren't going to do something like that for no reason.

So, in short... You confirm what I was saying, There is no "logic" behind what is an "era" in GTA or not. It's not about Numerals, Its not About Systems being released on, Its something that is left purely to R* reasoning behind it.

Roman is dead. He must be because at the wedding, he got shot.

It would be strange if Roman suddenly came asking you to go bowling. Omg hell no please let him be dead. lol.gif

Roman only works when put next to Niko. It's the idea of the character, he is the contrast to Niko that helps his character to develop and show his traits.

leik oh em jeez!

So, in short... You confirm what I was saying, There is no "logic" behind what is an "era" in GTA or not. It's not about Numerals, Its not About Systems being released on, Its something that is left purely to R* reasoning behind it.

So in short, you argue with everything I say, even if it's something you agree with? I've made my points clear. Go bother someone else, kid.

You mean the protagonists. The mural in GTA IV doesn't necessarily mean the GTA III protagonists are dead.

Rockstar said themselves they're not dead.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

sorry but youre beyond boderline retarded. closer to severely i'd say

Was that directed at anyone in particular, or were you just shouting insults at your computer again?

But when you think about, there are no distinct "eras". Even for the PS2 GTAs which shared some characters, they broke the canon with easter eggs like Claude being on in a poster in Tommy's apartment, and GTA VC action figures in Zero RC. And then there's El Burro, magical era-hopper that he is. Plus, it's worth remembering that, with the exception of the radio, III and VC only shared two characters, Donald Love and Phil Cassidy.

It is my personal belief that Rockstar just make it up as they go along. The fans put the games into nice little categories to keep everything nice and organised.

So in short, you argue with everything I say, even if it's something you agree with? I've made my points clear. Go bother someone else, kid.

No, Dumbass.

I gave out my opinion on this thread not pointing out to anyone in particular, and then you came with the "Oh you sound like someone who started playing GTA in San Andreas, hurr, durr, I know more of GTA than you hurr, durr, I'm an oldfag hurr, durr" go back to 4chan, bitch.