Niko, Roman, Brucie dead?

gtafreak103

Remember in your first safehouse that grafitti of III era characters and that mural of III era charaters in Cerveza Heights. If V is set in a new era, doesn't that mean the IV characters are dead? mercie_blink.gif

Edited by gtafreak103

That was already spotted, you guys aren't reading as well as you should, read before posting finds!!

This is not a find, I just realized it.

Meh. It's been mentioned before, and to be frankly honest with you, I completely doubt that this is a new ERA considering all of the similarities to IV we have seen in the trailer pop culture wise.

I'm listening to Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode, and the song's beat almost perfectly matches the stomping of that guy's crotch in your sig/avatar.

Anyhoo, even if this was a new canon (which everything points to it not being), the characters from IV wouldn't be "dead" as much as they wouldn't have existed.

Each ERA is defined by a Roman Numeral. GTAIII Era, GTAIV Era, and now GTAV Era. It just means we won't be seeing Niko or Roman, or Brucie again, and frankly we probably wouldn't have even if this was a IV Era game.

leik oh em jeez!

Each ERA is defined by a Roman Numeral. GTAIII Era, GTAIV Era, and now GTAV Era. It just means we won't be seeing Niko or Roman, or Brucie again, and frankly we probably wouldn't have even if this was a IV Era game.

And new eras have always come with new consoles and new game engines. So one out of three and you assume it's a new era? Rockstar has no reason to start a new era, are you too blinded by a roman numeral to see that?

This is obviously being done differently than before, so stop looking for the same hints.

New eras, new universes, new consoles, your thinking too linear. What other game(if I'm mistaken) has previous characters in them. Off the top of my head I can't think of one. From III to VC to SA to IV, I seriously can't remember. Anybody?

Man, one day I'll understand why you people care so much about this "era" sh*t. Honestly.

R* just made GTA:San Andreas a homage to the whole "series", by putting a sh*tload of cameos... And then when GTA IV came up, all those characters didn't fit the new mood for the series, so they just left them behind.

It's just this, nothing more nothing less.

leik oh em jeez!

New eras, new universes, new consoles, your thinking too linear. What other game(if I'm mistaken) has previous characters in them. Off the top of my head I can't think of one. From III to VC to SA to IV, I seriously can't remember. Anybody?

III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS shared characters.

@Ratone: You sound like someone who started playing GTA with VC or SA, just so you know.

And new eras have always come with new consoles and new game engines. So one out of three and you assume it's a new era? Rockstar has no reason to start a new era, are you too blinded by a roman numeral to see that?

This is obviously being done differently than before, so stop looking for the same hints.

So because GTAIII and GTAIV were put out on new consoles, R* has to do the same with GTAV? It's not written in stone that each era comes with a new console, and this very well could be a new Era since R* in their announcement of GTAV, said this game will push the PS3 and 360, to their limits, which could mean they're looking to make this the last GTA of this gen. consoles, and continue with the next gen. GTAIV's engine didn't push the PS3 or 360 systems, to their limits. Era's are also defined by using the latest engine, as you said, which are always different from one another. GTAIII Era obviously used a different engine than IV, and V is likely to use a completely new engine as well, which is why it's been given the V Era mark, rather than something like GTA Vice City, where that game used the same engine as III.

@Ratone: You sound like someone who started playing GTA with VC or SA, just so you know.

Laslow? I meant protagonists.

And all of those are GTAIII Era games.

Somehow I keep thinking you said Each era is Defined by a Roman Bellic!

Nevermind

haha

I still wonder about the rumor for Michael Hollick in "5", that's why I asked if anyone knows his project itinerary

leik oh em jeez!

My god. Even the cars from IV are reused in V. Everything points to same era except for the V. And Rockstar is NOT going to waste time creating a new engine from scratch while they're still perfecting R.A.G.E.

SA pushed the limits of the PS2 and XBox, and it wasn't a new era. Consider this the same thing.

Go measure your e-dick with someone else dude.

Wtf this sh*t of "oh you sound like you started playing this or that" has to do what I said?

The graffitti in GTA IV is simply an easter egg, it doesn't mean anything. Each new era is a new universe in which the previous titles' characters never existed. The only exception is Lazlow, who I would also classify as an easter egg (although not secret).

Like Oh, Ahm, Geez.... The new engine build is for new hardware, I reported some rumored new hardware coming next year, If they get a tool kit for it, Which WILL come early for games needing development as soon as consoles release, they would have to get an engine running on the new tech.

Rockstar Presents...

M. Night Shyamalan's

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

The twist is, Roman died in the war, he was never in Liberty City, all of Niko's "friends" are ghosts who can't go on in the afterlife because their spirits are stuck in Liberty City.

Nothing to do with the topic but it's what I thought of when I read the title. tounge.gif

leik oh em jeez!

"Lazlow" was in IV also. All of the games I mentioned shared actual story related in-game characters.

AlecOfTheWest has it right.

@Ratone: Cool your jets, I was just stating a fact.

My god. Even the cars from IV are reused in V. Everything points to same era except for the V. And Rockstar is NOT going to waste time creating a new engine from scratch while they're still perfecting R.A.G.E.

SA pushed the limits of the PS2 and XBox, and it wasn't a new era. Consider this the same thing.

Not every car is reused, there have been plenty of newly designed cars too. The reason they're not completely new and have new looks, is because look at the cars of this year and next, compared to '08. Not much difference there, is there? Cars being reused says nothing, and is a moot point to whether GTAV is a new Era or not.

As for RAGE, they could have finally hit a new mark in it's development, and so it's nothing like GTAIV's use of RAGE, or even RDR's.

And like I said, with what R* stated with GTAV pushing both systems to their limits, that just shows me that they want to at least get one last game out, because what they're shooting for can no longer be properly expressed on this gen. of consoles, so it's the last but they want people to see what they can do in the future.

"Lazlow" was in IV also. All of the games I mentioned shared actual story related in-game characters.

Were any of the protags. from III to IV in the games after they were in their original games? That is my question.

What fact? The fact that I gave out my opinion, you didn't commented on it and all you could say is "you sound like you started playing GTA on Vice City", yeah? Go troll someone else kid.

Oh and Lazlow doesn't count as a character, since he is the exception of the GTA universe.

He is the only character who is a real person.

What fact? The fact that I gave out my opinion, you didn't commented on it and all you could say is "you sound like you started playing GTA on Vice City", yeah? Go troll someone else kid.

Oh and Lazlow doesn't count as a character, since he is the exception of the GTA universe.

He is the only character who is a real person.

Lazlow not being a real character kind of proves his point, seeing as no story-related characters crossed from the III era into IV. There's no way to know whether V is going to be a new era or not, since this is the first time Rockstar has released two numbered games on the same generation of consoles (excluding GTA I & II). I can't imagine them leaving the IV characters so soon, but I guess we'll find out.

Lazlow not being a real character kind of proves his point, seeing as no story-related characters crossed from the III era into IV. There's no way to know whether V is going to be a new era or not, since this is the first time Rockstar has released two numbered games on the same generation of consoles (excluding GTA I & II). I can't imagine them leaving the IV characters so soon, but I guess we'll find out.

R* said no characters from GTA III would be in GTA IV, so, that pretty much means they DON'T consider LazLow a character, and that makes sense right? Since he is basically the series co-writer as far as the radio station dialogue goes, so, he is in the games more as a "Cameo" than as a character.

With that said, I don't have an opinion if characters from GTA IV will appear on GTA V, R* will just decided it if it fits or not... I see no reason for the whole "era" discussion. R* used it loosely. If the character fit and it will give something more to the game, I'm sure we will be seeing some old faces, if R* feels an all new experience is needed, then no.

All this debate about eras is pointless.