Parking Spots and Garages

TrialzGTAS

After playing TBOGT, I sense that there are LOTS of unique vehicles. There is only one save spot permitting 2 of your cars to stay in, and its really frustrating that you couldnt buy a storage garage (like an area where you took a vehicle to after Drug Wars) to store your cool unique cars.

What should be suggested is that we have houses and apartments purchasable in the game.

Then, being able to buy portions of a parking garage.

Of course still have the 2 parking in the front yard.

Double garages that are typical.

Remember in Vice City? The Sunshine Autos had lots of garages to store cars in! Why cant we own one of them!

Any opinions, and other methods that COULD be possible in R*'s next installment of GTA?

Yeah. That's a good idea. It's always frustrating not being able to store all your cars and having to sacrifice cars to put other ones in.

I'd love for there too be garages at your safehouses that have open and close.I know in GTAIV there where some neighborhoods in alderney that had houses that had garages and niko could drive in the garage and I believe if you exited the car and left the garage the door would close.I want something like that in GTAV especially a garage that has a door that leads into the safehouse.I hated how in san andreas there was no door that lead into the into garage from inside that house seems like it would save a little more time if there was a door that lead into garage.

And like I said before the option to leave the garage door open or close like a panel in the garage at the safehouse.I didnt like how you always had to park on the street and risk having your car hit, bit it was NY so I I understand why there where street parking spaces.

My name is John McCain and I approve this message.

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

I think that if money is going to be such a big factor in GTA V then I think cars will be involved more in the money aspect so I hope there are Garages to store the cars and possibly an underground carpark that you can buy to store atleast 2 of each type of car in. If there is a big storage place you can keep cars like that then i hope there is also somewhere that you can sell cars at by loading them up on a vehicle transporter lorry and then driving then having to go somewhere in the back o' beyond style place for V and unload them into a sort of scrapyard looking place where you sell them to a shifty looking guy for something like 100-10k depending on the make and damage.

I think that if money is going to be such a big factor in GTA V then I think cars will be involved more in the money aspect so I hope there are Garages to store the cars and possibly an underground carpark that you can buy to store atleast 2 of each type of car in. If there is a big storage place you can keep cars like that then i hope there is also somewhere that you can sell cars at by loading them up on a vehicle transporter lorry and then driving then having to go somewhere in the back o' beyond style place for V and unload them into a sort of scrapyard looking place where you sell them to a shifty looking guy for something like 100-10k depending on the make and damage.

Something like in GTAIII, right?

Something like in GTAIII, right?

Yeah, something like that, possibly with the crusher aswell if the cars are too damaged to salvage parts from or not able to be sold back on.

After playing TBOGT, I sense that there are LOTS of unique vehicles. There is only one save spot permitting 2 of your cars to stay in ...

Did you know that, in TBOGT, you could use Niko's various parking slots around the city to store more cars?

... it's really frustrating that you couldn't buy a storage garage (like an area where you took a vehicle to after Drug Wars) to store your cool unique cars.

None of the GTA:IV trilogy of stories were a rags to riches story. That, apparently, was a creative decision by Rockstar. Being able to buy places didn't supposedly fit with any of the plots, which sucks from the player's point of view, but there you are.

What should be suggested is that we have houses and apartments purchasable in the game. Then, being able to buy portions of a parking garage.  Of course still have the 2 parking in the front yard.  Double garages that are typical.

Remember in Vice City? The Sunshine Autos had lots of garages to store cars in! Why cant we own one of them!

Any opinions, and other methods that COULD be possible in R*'s next instalment of GTA?

Back in Liberty City/New York City, space is at a serious premium, hence all the on street parking. It was authentic to the location. I think parking will be quite different in GTA:V. In Los Santos/L.A. there are no problems with space. Houses will have garages, or at the very least driveway parking. Apartments will have parking lots of some description, so we should expect them to have reserved parking slots. I doubt we'll see much on street parking if any at all.

The crucial bit is that the safe house locations and the parking that goes with them will probably be dictated by the story. Given, that the story is supposed to be all about the "pursuit of the almighty dollar", it's probably reasonable to assume we'll have some nice safe houses with good parking options.

But it would be nice if late in the story, you have the option to buy some kind of extended parking facilities, be it extra spaces at one or more of your safe houses or a business that gives you plenty of parking slots.

But it's all about if it fits the story.

Edited by meson1

Drunk Russian 9

Back in Liberty City/New York City, space is at a serious premium, hence all the on street parking.  It was authentic to the location.

Yea okay, finding a space in the street in Manhattan is absolutely impossible. Trust me, been there done that. Hence why there is so many parking garages in the city. How hard would it have been to make it a purchasable asset?

I prefer to put my cars into a garage, like in the GTA III era. In IV some taxi or something always pushed out my cars from my parking spots. I really hope that they keep this feauture! Cant se a reason for taking it away.

I want a lot of unique cars, like The Truths hippe van! Loved to collect special cars in previous GTA's.

• 4 weeks later...
Lock n' Stock

Had no idea there was a topic on this lol. My apologies. All I have to say is...

Garages > Parking Spaces

I just would like to be able to put more than 2 vehicles in the garages if R* does bring garages back, I remember in SA I was able to fit 3-4 cars and 2 motorcycles in 1 garage (yes it was difficult) lol every time I wanted a specific car I would have to pull most of the vehicles out of the garage then put them back in lol