2 days till more information?

UpTheImps

You've probably seen this article,

Historic Issue 65 Cover

In which there is this quote.

Elsewhere in issue 65 we run down all the juicy details on Grand Theft Auto V

Could this have any new information that isn't just snippets from the trailer with a bunch of guesses? 2 days till we find out. (29th)

What d'you guys think?

"Let's go, let's bounce baby! An' When I say bounce I don't mean bouncing literally I just mean..."

"I know what it means Yusuf."

"It's a term from the street meaning you have to walk, but if you don't get that it's a bit like rolling. You have to roll, not like a fat man rolling, it means actually just walk."

"Can we just go?"

there will be no new info i can garauntee it. It will be all speculation.

If it were really new info Hideo Kojima would be pushed back to another issue. GTA is a much bigger topic that would be cover story material, not some asterick fine print bullsh*t

ShnePmW.jpg?5

No new info. Probably just rumor roundup. R* would never give exclusive GTA details to magazine which doesn't feature its headlines. GameInformer somewhere beginning the next year will get exclusive official details.

If it were really new info Hideo Kojima would be pushed back to another issue. GTA is a much bigger topic that would be cover story material, not some asterick fine print bullsh*t

Hideo will talk about MGS: Rising and MGS: 5, so that's why he's on first page. He's as important as GTA V.

"Życie ostre jak maczeta" (Life as hard as machete) - Waszka G

No new info. Probably just rumor roundup. R* would never give exclusive GTA details to magazine which doesn't feature its headlines. GameInformer somewhere beginning the next year will get exclusive official details.

Yeah, Just like TBOGT, I remember reading up on that before it came out.

Hideo will talk about MGS: Rising and MGS: 5, so that's why he's on first page. He's as important as GTA V.

Not even close.

Not even close.

Sorry, but, MGS > GTA any day of the week. Not that they should be compared like that, nor should their developers, but your comment reeks of ignorance.

Anyway, there shall be no new info, just read what it says.

''Elsewhere in issue 65 we run down all the juicy details on Grand Theft Auto V.''

I disagree completely. Its not that he is un important. But MGS isnt a series that is known for innovation. It also isnt as tight lipped as R* is about their games.

Therefore any new info about a game that we dont know sh*t about, a game that will probably break sales records, a game that will possibly change sandbox gaming would for sure take the cover place. Sry buddy but Hideo has nothing on the GTA franchise. But thats not saying hes less important. Just less "wanted" from the public.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Not even close.

Sorry, but, MGS > GTA any day of the week. Not that they should be compared like that, nor should their developers, but your comment reeks of ignorance.

''Elsewhere in issue 65 we run down all the juicy details on Grand Theft Auto V.''

My post is not ignorrant, I'm big fan of mister Kojima and MGS, but GTA IS bigger game. You can't compare exlcusive game that sells 5 mil on system and a blockbuster that sells 25 mil. Plus, majority of magazine article will be interview about something else than MGS5, thats for sure.

If OPM got exclusive deal with R* to publish first article on it GTA would be on frontpage, no doubt about that.

Not even close.

My post is not ignorrant, I'm big fan of mister Kojima and MGS, but GTA IS bigger game. You can't compare exlcusive game that sells 5 mil on system and a blockbuster that sells 25 mil. Plus, majority of magazine article will be interview about something else than MGS5, thats for sure.

If OPM got exclusive deal with R* to publish first article on it GTA would be on frontpage, no doubt about that.

Of course, no doubt about it. GTA V would pretty much remove anyone, but that's something to do with fame and popularity, not importance necessarily.

MGS and GTA are epic masterpieces in their own right. Two completely different games and

experiences.

MGS is AWESOME. Dont get me wrong. But its not a game that breaks the mold with every edition. This is obviously my opinion so i apologize if i pissed anyone off. But i will bet anything that GTA V info would oust MGS info anyday.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Stop with the f*cking MGS V GTA debate...both games are different genres and both as great as each other.

Did no one notice it states, "we run down..." possibly just meaning that they're posting their own thoughts on the current details that we have, meaning the Trailer.

Stop with the f*cking MGS V GTA debate...both games are different genres and both as great as each other.

Did no one notice it states, "we run down..." possibly just meaning that they're posting their own thoughts on the current details that we have, meaning the Trailer.

Yea someone mentioned the run down thing.

I didnt mean to start a flame war.

i strictly meant it from a marketing stand point. Not a quality stand point. both games are awesome and equaly important. icon14.gif

ShnePmW.jpg?5

MGS is AWESOME. Dont get me wrong. But its not a game that breaks the mold with every edition. This is obviously my opinion so i apologize if i pissed anyone off. But i will bet anything that GTA V info would oust MGS info anyday.

Well, you haven't pissed off anyone with that statement, it's just that it's extremely wrong. You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean that your opinion is valid.

But, if you feel like you do, I'd like to know how exactly MGS hasn't been innovating.

Not even close.

Of course, no doubt about it. GTA V would pretty much remove anyone, but that's something to do with fame and popularity, not importance necessarily.

Yea, thats what I meant. Both great franchises, just, GTAV one exclusive headline would get them much bigger sales of magazine. GTAV is already announced, everybody is just waiting for first exclusive hands on, while interview of Kojima mentioning MGS5 is not as important. It is more important than anything else this month though...

tbh imo its so obvious there's not going to be any new info.

Reasons why:

1. No Front Page Exclusive Story

2. They say they will run down all the gta V info meaning stuff

gathered from the trailer (i.e. Setting is Los Santos) and they will also

probably talk about the official announcement from Rockstar.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/arti...nouncement.html

"Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California."

Basically what NYC Patrol said. I can bet anything that all they are going to do is talk about things we already know or have discovered by way of the GTA V Trailer Analysis on here. Don't know why people are expecting some new info.

caprisig.jpg

Well, you haven't pissed off anyone with that statement, it's just that it's extremely wrong. You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean that your opinion is valid.

But, if you feel like you do, I'd like to know how exactly MGS hasn't been innovating.

Ok well IMO

GTA 3 was the first huge sandbox game. It took elements from classics like LoZ OOT and made the first believable city that wasnt just a back drop. It sh*t all over linear gameplay. Redefined the word "replayability". And on top of that created a story that felt not only believable but compelling. GTA3 is the first game that made you feel like you were playing a badass movie.

VC and SA elaborated on this and kept the core feeling while challenging new possibilities.

IV was the most detailed city of its genre and will probably always be held in high regards due to how much detail each building and street have.

MGS was very detailed. It had a stellar storyline and revolutionary mechanics in 3rd person shooter/stealth.

I wrote a very detailed comparisn of the two and realized how different the games are. So to call one more innovating is dumb.

OP:If there was new GTA V info it would FOR SURE take precedence over MGS/Hideo because there is a much larger demand for GTA info than MGS. Thats just how it works

Edited by deffpony
ShnePmW.jpg?5

Another magazine in the UK already ran it "GamesInformer" latest issue has a Run Down of Grand Theft Auto V information, it's really just a 4 page spread of the trailer, various screenshots from the trailer and them talking about things from the trailer and previous rumours such as the "GTA to be Set In Hollywood" rumour from earlier in the year, etc.

Magazines and websites like to overdramatize. My guess is also, that it's just an overanalisys of the details in the trailer and a lot of speculation. If they actually had some exclusive info, then don't worry they'd say so.