PC - running & driving faster?

Tracksuit Hitman

Tracksuit Hitman

So, yesterday I thought I'd go and hop on GTA IV, and play some offline mode. I didn't log into Rockstar Social Club, because my internet wasn't working, hence the offline play. So, I went out of the safe-house that I previously saved my game in, and I ran a little, so that I could get into a vehicle. So, when I was running I noticed that the speed was much faster than usual. I got into a vehicle (a cab, to be exact) and drove down a straight road, to see if it was just an on-foot issue, and it seems not. After about 5-6 seconds of driving, the screen showed a blur (as it does when you drive fast cars, at top speed) and my cab was going totally fast. I changed the save game, and loaded a new one to see if it was just on that save game, and it seems that it's doing the same on each save game... It's going faster. It's not the 'super-run' modification, because it doesn't go that fast, but it is faster than usual. Is there a way to stop this?

The version of the game that I'm playing on, is the one from Steam. My Operating System is Windows Vista Home Premium. I do have a modification installed, which is the 'Simple Native Trainer' (Version 6.3). I checked that, and everything's as it should be (I even disabled the trainer to make sure it wasn't that).

aka geobst

Tracksuit Hitman
Remove the mods and try starting a new game.

But won't the problem come back once I re-install the modification?

aka geobst