putting together a computer to use IceEnhancer...

lydianduck

Hey guys, Im looking into upgrading my current x4 955 @ 3.8ghz, 4gb ram and 6850 for an i5 2500k (overclocked as much as I can), gtx580 and 8gb RAM.

Will I be able to use IceEnhancer with shadows on 'high' and sliders at 25 (vehicle density at 50) and shadow density all the way down with patch 4?

One more thing, I really enjoy the destruction element of this game, will I experience any annoying amount of lag piling up cars and exploding them in star junction?

What do you think?

As far as the normal gameplay goes, you should be able to max the game out. Dunno about mass explosions though.

74cXSsx.png

Im not interested in maxing out the game (im pretty sure even with that system I won't be able to achieve it anyway) but im asking because all the iceenhancer videos I see on youtube are people driving around and doing pretty much nothing, so im not really sure if there's a system out there that could handle it while shooting around exploding things.

Im also asking because I've seen people with a gtx460 using IceEnhancer which is like the nvidia equivalent of my card, yet I can not get descent framerate when using it.

Anyway, I really want to make this happen, im on vacation from school and im seriously getting a job for this only purpose, so if there is any gpu that comes close to a gtx580 but still can run IceEnhancer nicely please let me know cause maybe I can save a few bucks since it's not 100% guaranteed I'll reach the needed amount of money, but I'll do what I can.

friendly luggage

You'll have no problem running GTA IV with iCEnhancer and patch 1.0.4.0. I have an overclocked ASUS GTX 560 Ti and it runs great at 1280x1024 but I'll need to lower the shadows and stuff a bit when I get a new moniter. I get a constant 40 FPS and even shooting and blowing up loads of cars the fps only goes down by like five maximum. I haven't touched the iCEnhancer settings and AO is on. If it runs good on my vard you'll have no problem on a beasty GTX 580! smile.gif

Here's some images of it on a GTX 560 Ti:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9783/ic...r13gtx560ti.jpg

Settings

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9210/se...040gtx560ti.jpg

Here's a video of 1.35 on my PC which I found was a little more demanding than 1.3. There's problems with 1.35 as car brake lights are barely visable.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, this is kinda the info I need really because there's a big difference in price between the gtx580 and the one you have and it seems like you can run it perfectly fine!

@PrometheusX, not yet because I work with commissions and this job lasts till march so I'll have to see when the time comes but I should be able to afford the system I mentioned in my opening post or at least the same with a gtx560TI instead.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, this is kinda the info I need really because there's a big difference in price between the gtx580 and the one you have and it seems like you can run it perfectly fine!

Wait there, that's 1280x1024, so if you're playing @ 1080p, it won't be the same performance.

3lIXKDi.png

Actually, I am in fact going to play it in 1280x1024 because I have a CRT monitor (embarrased) and when I get an lcd in the near future im gonna go ahead and play it in 1280x720, I rather have the details than a huge resolution.

friendly luggage

Wait there, that's 1280x1024, so if you're playing @ 1080p, it won't be the same performance.

Yeah but the 580 is more powerful than the 560 Ti. The FPS goes down to like 25 when I try it on a full 1080p TV but I just lower the shadows, water and view distance a little bit to get the fps back to a smooth level. Brainsick wanted to know how a 580 could handle it and I showed him that a 560 Ti can handle it pretty well so a 580 which is dual gpu (I think) will have no problem with high settings and iCEhancer.