How should aircraft preform in V?

llpalm08

I was thinking back to SA and how much I liked the planes on there but comparing the heli's to the ones on IV I can see a massive improvement so what improvements should be on the planes. Heres what I think:

Hydra/Military Jet:

Handling - sort of a cross between the Hydra on SA and the VTOL on SR3 where you can drive along the ground to get out of the hangers but you can then take off by going vertically and then when you close the landing gear you start going into the fast speeds. While the landing gear are down I think it should preform in a similar way to the Heli's but slightly slower and when your in jet mode I think a similar style to the way the VTOL's fly on SR3

Damage - I think that for damage on the Hydras I would like it to dent like the heli's on IV with the possibility of breaking the rudder (the steering) and if you crash into a building head on it should blow up.

Jet Planes (private/commercial):

Handling - I think these should handle like they did on SA with a slightly more free flowing motion on the smaller jets and a bulky slower motion on the commercial ones (if the commercial ones make a return that is)

Damage - I would like to see the wings come off in 4 different sections so if you lightly graze the bank tower you loose about 30cm off the end of one wing and it makes a slight difference in the balance, if you hit it with the wing lightly but more than a graze then a coupple of meters should shatter, if you hit it hard but not close to the plane then it should come half off then if you crah land and hit a tree that is not far from the main hull of the plane then the wing should come off entierly.

Light aircraft (cropdusters/bi-planes/spitfire looking planes):

Handling - Light aircraft should feel like a slowed down version of the military jets and be very free flowing in flight.

Damage - Similar to the Jet planes but on a smaller scale so instead of 4 breakaway points 3 would do (tip of the wing, half ing and the whole wing)

Good call. I hope there is a learning curve to be able to fly each plane like a pro, much like the helicopters and cars in IV. The damage you mentioned sound good enough for me too, I just hope that if you fly a plane directly into a solid structure it doesn't just bounce off.

I'd like it to be so that if say, you just scraped the ground, the plane would get dragged down and gradually disintegrate. biggrin.gif

Like that, uh, plane that went into the water. I'd like to show a vid of it, but my tube is broken sad.gif

Edited by jaysteels

L71cGcK.png

The damage on the planes really should be improved (and not only explode, when u crash), as u said. Imagine that u r going to crash land in a mountainous area, u hit some rocks, wings come off, the fuel in the wings ignites behind u while u sliding with the fuselage into a small forest, snap off some trees in the middle of nowhere...having a 5 min. walk until ur in the civilisation back in a form of a small farm where u can get the next vehicle.

Also u should be able to get into the wreckage and look around smile.gif

I'd like it to be so that if say, you just scraped the ground, the plane would get dragged down and gradually disintegrate. biggrin.gif

Like that, uh, plane that went into the water. I'd like to show a vid of it, but my tube is broken sad.gif

You mean this video?

I would love to see the jets break apart depending on impact instead of just a black shell.

There are a lot of good ideas here but most have been discussed in the Aviation Thread. Give it a look, lots of good thoughts.

Exactly, it's better if it's kept in one topic. Locked.