• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jestic

• EncryptedReality

• nkjellman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breakable lampposts video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwGCnMTpzU&feature=youtu.be

Beta 3 'World Enhancement' announcement.Release: August 2012 - Improved overall graphics - Remade timecyc - Far distance for trees and lights - Las Venturas updates - Interiors - Races - Prop

-REMOVED POST-

Hi everybody!! I'm new in this forum... and I really like... (sorry if my english is incorrect... I'm italian biggrin.gif )... anyway, me and Alex106, a user of the forum of GTA-Expert.it, we created a car... a GTA IV's van with the badges of the trailer of GTA V... (the van of the robbery).. here the photos:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...543406377_o.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...584899253_o.jpg

what do you think? is well in GTAIV: SA you think? smile.gif

Fantastic! Congratulations! You guys did a great job with this mod! Can't wait to get it tomorrow and play it in MP!

Still wondering, tho...I remember I read some good couple of pages ago someone's post saying they found a way for adding ped paths. What's up with that? Seeing how the trailer had no focus on that, I'd assume there are still no peds. Still, that won't ruin my excitement completely!

SkylineGTRFreak
His question isn't completely descriptive, but let's say he asked how is Rhino in a sense of completion: well it's finished by now and fully functional, i think you will all enjoy it, there is more but i won't reveal for the sake of fun when you get the mod on the 1st.

Well, I rather wanted to ask how the wheels work with my method or if you used another way

It has 8 wheels all functional, and it works as good as it can. Up to 12 is possible, but the extra 4 could result in being bugged a bit

Yea, i told blaster about that, but it's possible to make 10 wheels

Flitskikker
Fantastic! Congratulations! You guys did a great job with this mod! Can't wait to get it tomorrow and play it in MP!

Still wondering, tho...I remember I read some good couple of pages ago someone's post saying they found a way for adding ped paths. What's up with that? Seeing how the trailer had no focus on that, I'd assume there are still no peds. Still, that won't ruin my excitement completely!

The person that promised to make ped paths work left and never returned. However, there are static peds, groups of gang members and peds in cars.

Ash_735

Yeah, the work Heron did on the GTA3 project was much more creative and looked better, I dunno, this just looks basic and rushed. Still kinda cool, but the way you guys hyped it up, I was expecting Rockstar level of professionalism!

About trailers I think the music did a lot for the GTA III trailer, with that classical music that goes remixed in 2001 Liberty City, synchronized with action... The SA one is more turned on action and seems longer, there's more stuff to show in fact, could be a reason?

nkjellman

Turns out I'm going to be back late Agust 1st, not second.

When I get home, I will work on the III RC demo. I still need to help with Ghostown, so it can also use the EFLC advantages.

However there may be 3 issues with the demo.

-Water.dat in (root)/common/data will need to be switched with a blank one. When DLC are used, they have to use their own water.dat and you can't disable the root one.

-Train, plane, and distant light paths may not be able to be desabled and changed.

-possible placement issues and crashes may occur.

I'll work something out though.

Edited by nkjellman
nkjellman

Will EFLC be supported at IV:SA³'s launch? I need to know whether to install IV or EFLC.

Yes, like always. You have tank, nitro, ability to fly higher, more optimized, slightly better effects and more weapons. You can even use MP and play with IVSA players that use IV. EFLC is finally the prefered platform to play IVSA on. And most importantly: IIIRC Demo.

Is the demo compatible with GTA 4 1.0.4.0, or just 1.0.7.0 and 1.1.2.0?

It is tested and it appears to work, but we still recommend to use 1.0.7.0 or EFLC 1.1.2.0.

Multiplayer is only available for the latest patches.

EDIT: I'm now seeing you're talking about the demo. The 3RC demo is only available on EFLC.

III RC Demo is only on EFLC at first. If its alright with the III RC team, after I get the demo working on IVSA EFLC Version, I could port it to GTA IV.

Edit: If I can't get everything working as planned, then it might have to be a stand alone demo for GTA IV, and EFLC (main game).

PS: EFLC (main game) is what I'm going to call the locked original GTA that exists in EFLC but not a menu option. Basically that means as its just a demo, the EFLC version is the same thing as IV so it gets done the easy way.

However I hope I can make it all happen the way planned. If I can do this, I will be able to do GTA Stories Rage properly. Reason why is I plan to make GTA Stories Rage, EFLC only as E1 (TLAD) will be Liberty City Stories, and E2 (TBoGT) will be Vice City Stories. However I plan to have LCS Rage, and VCS Rage mods for IV as stand alone ports from GTA Stories. GTA Stories is the two mods together for EFLC. In order for me to do this, I'll need a tool to port the models, and figure out how to give each game have its own water.dat, distantlights.dat, train paths, and plane paths.

Edited by nkjellman
Will EFLC be supported at IV:SA³'s launch? I need to know whether to install IV or EFLC.

Yes, like always. You have tank, nitro, ability to fly higher, more optimized, slightly better effects and more weapons. You can even use MP and play with IVSA players that use IV. EFLC is finally the prefered platform to play IVSA on. And most importantly: IIIRC Demo.

It is tested and it appears to work, but we still recommend to use 1.0.7.0 or EFLC 1.1.2.0.

EDIT: I'm now seeing you're talking about the demo. The 3RC demo is only available on EFLC.

III RC Demo is only on EFLC at first. If its alright with the III RC team, after I get the demo working on IVSA EFLC Version, I could port it to GTA IV.

No sorry. III RC Demo is only on IVSA Addons, not a single-release.

Jestic

Edit: If I can't get everything working as planned, then it might have to be a stand alone demo for GTA IV, and EFLC (main game).

PS: EFLC (main game) is what I'm going to call the locked original GTA that exists in EFLC but not a menu option. Basically that means as its just a demo, the EFLC version is the same thing as IV so it gets done the easy way.

However I hope I can make it all happen the way planned. If I can do this, I will be able to do GTA Stories Rage properly. Reason why is I plan to make GTA Stories Rage, EFLC only as E1 (TLAD) will be Liberty City Stories, and E2 (TBoGT) will be Vice City Stories. However I plan to have LCS Rage, and VCS Rage mods for IV as stand alone ports from GTA Stories. GTA Stories is the two mods together for EFLC. In order for me to do this, I'll need a tool to port the models, and figure out how to give each game have its own water.dat, distantlights.dat, train paths, and plane paths.

water:

- use blank water.dat file in EFLC main folder

- use WATER in both content.dat to load water on top of the blank water

trains:

- vc has no trains, use empty model train in vcs

planes:

- You have 2 types: planes on ground and planes in air, just choose one for lcs and the other for vcs and blank out the model.

distantlight

- Just forget this file, make lods for lampposts and put lod vehicles furter in visualsettings.

nkjellman

Fine by me. But if I can't sort out the distantlights.dat, water.dat, and plane and train path issues, it might have to be set up as another button in the launcher, which requires file switching. However if it is another button in the launcher, it may be able to be set up so it works on GTA IV too. But if we have to do a launcher switcher for the demo, rather than using EFLC's multiple directories for DLC ability, I'll need to have a fancy launcher that switches file names for GTA Stories Rage. I just hope I can ether get the model tool from ether the LCS PC team, or VCS PC team, or permission from both of them to use the converted models from their mod. Another option is we have to make our own tool to use which is going to be a lot of work.

After I finish the III RC Demo, and Ghostown EFLC, I'll make the set up for the games. I'll use III RC and VCRage as a base, and then hopefully once I get my hands on a tool that can allow me to convert the MDL's to GTA IV format, then it will be changed to Stories.

Anyways enough talk about my project that may not happen due to not being able to get Stories models on GTA IV. I can't wait to see how full this topic will get tomorrow. I see its the most popular mod on moddb today, with that close release date. I can't wait to see how large the pile of user names on the bottom of my screen in this topic will be.

Edit:@Blaster_nl: I can do that as a work around if I can't do it the right way. However for IV SA, when its in SP mode, where TLAD and TBoGT are being used, the root/common/data/water.dat will be blank, but in MP, the water.dat will need to be switched with the IV SA one. So if DLC are being used, water.dat needs to be blank, and DLC need their own water. But for MP, IV SA one needs to be in (root)/common/data. As I'm not gonna be home before the release, you guys are gona have to set it up so the water.dat switching can occur, or so the launcher can be updated to do the water.dat switching.

Edited by nkjellman
EncryptedReality

See guys, we don't need Wikipedia any more, these guys are a living breathing book full of data available for usage!

Jestic

Fine by me. But if I can't sort out the distantlights.dat, water.dat, and plane and train path issues, it might have to be set up as another button in the launcher, which requires file switching. However if it is another button in the launcher, it may be able to be set up so it works on GTA IV too. But if we have to do a launcher switcher for the demo, rather than using EFLC's multiple directories for DLC ability, I'll need to have a fancy launcher that switches file names for GTA Stories Rage. I just hope I can ether get the model tool from ether the LCS PC team, or VCS PC team, or permission from both of them to use the converted models from their mod. Another option is we have to make our own tool to use which is going to be a lot of work.

After I finish the III RC Demo, and Ghostown EFLC, I'll make the set up for the games. I'll use III RC and VCRage as a base, and then hopefully once I get my hands on a tool that can allow me to convert the MDL's to GTA IV format, then it will be changed to Stories.

Anyways enough talk about my project that may not happen due to not being able to get Stories models on GTA IV. I can't wait to see how full this topic will get tomorrow. I see its the most popular mod on moddb today, with that close release date. I can't wait to see how large the pile of user names on the bottom of my screen in this topic will be.

Edit:@Blaster_nl: I can do that as a work around if I can't do it the right way. However for IV SA, when its in SP mode, where TLAD and TBoGT are being used, the root/common/data/water.dat will be blank, but in MP, the water.dat will need to be switched with the IV SA one. So if DLC are being used, water.dat needs to be blank, and DLC need their own water. But for MP, IV SA one needs to be in (root)/common/data. As I'm not gonna be home before the release, you guys are gona have to set it up so the water.dat switching can occur, or so the launcher can be updated to do the water.dat switching.

Or....I just put III water on top of SA water, smart huh?

nkjellman

Come to think of it, that might just work. SA doesn't have very much water.

However, the idea may only work for the demo area.

But another idea is to change the name of the root water.dat for when the DLC is used so a blank water.dat is loaded. (Change name with the gta.dat, or the launcher.)

Edit: Is it possible to have water in the IV SA LC up in the sky? You might just be able to add a simple plane of water.

Jestic

Come to think of it, that might just work. SA doesn't have very much water.

However, the idea may only work for the demo area.

But another idea is to change the name of the root water.dat for when the DLC is used so a blank water.dat is loaded. (Change name with the gta.dat, or the launcher.)

Edit: Is it possible to have water in the IV SA LC up in the sky? You might just be able to add a simple plane of water.

I know how EFLC workss, it unloads same filenames, but this doesn't work for water, probably because R* didnt look at it because tlad and tbogt have no additional water.

nkjellman

Sorry about that. It can get annoying.

But one more thing about GTA Stories. I don't want to flood the topic up so I'll keep it brief.

I'll let you know if I get support from ether the LCS team and/or the VCS team. I'm sure if I get support from them, you will be interested in joining the project.

Jestic

But one more thing about GTA Stories. I don't want to flood the topic up so I'll keep it brief.

I'll let you know if I get support from ether the LCS team and/or the VCS team. I'm sure if I get support from them, you will be interested in joining the project.

I'm not interested, I tell you now. I have the MDL importer, I don't like how it works.

Edited by Blaster_nl
nkjellman

I'm not interested, I tell you now. I have the MDL importer, I don't like how it works.

Alright then. If thats the reason, I understand. But once it gets going, I hope you can help with the timecyc's for LCS and VCS. But if I start a project, it will most likely ether be Stories Rage, or CTW Rage. I'll have to do a poll.

Ash_735

After how we've been treated from other members on the team, we're not exactly open to sharing with you guys tounge.gif

nkjellman
Payback can be a bitch

I haven't done anything to wrong them. I don't remember anyone else from our team doing anything ether. If anyone did, I'm sure they didn't mean to offend them.

I'd like to be on good terms with their team. They do great work, and are trying to make many GTA PC players dreams become a reality.