Will GTA IV work for my new Windows 7 Premium?

nickelist1

Hey. I was just wondering if GTA IV is compatible with Window 7's. I got the PC game last year but never really installed it because none of my computers could play any PC games. So I decided to buy myself a Windows 7 Premium. Here are it's specs:

Windows 7 Premium SP1 64-bit

Pentium Dual Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 GHz

600+ GB of Hard Drive

4GB of RAM

Intel G41 Express Chipset

All my drivers are up to date

Please don't lock this post like my other one. I've seen modders on GTA IV and I wanted to download/make mods myself. And yes, I saw the GTA IV specs but I don't know if it'll lag or freeze like how SA always freezes on my Vista.

Edited by nickelist1

According to this topic

It looks like your specs are good to play, but the graphic driver is also important. We need info for that. Tell us the amount of graphic driver (256MB-2GB).

GTA4 is fully compatible with Windows 7.

However, don't expect it to run smoothly, if at all, on that computer.

DU8afL0.jpg

According to this topic

It looks like your specs are good to play, but the graphic driver is also important. We need info for that. Tell us the amount of graphic driver (256MB-2GB).

Okay. I've edited my post. I changed my processor because when I wrote that, I was on my laptop. But, big change. See if GTA IV still works

What graphics card do you have, if any?

You'd also need a graphics card (or a relatively new & powerful integrated chip.. which you don't) to be able to run this game smoothly.

DU8afL0.jpg

You have a intergrated GPU so you have no possibility of playing the game smoothly or let alone starting it.

Edited by jerenjls_mom

Troll --- clink ---- locked

No. I've told you before; reporting is enough. You don't have to post.

You'd also need a graphics card (or a relatively new & powerful integrated chip.. which you don't) to be able to run this game smoothly.

I've upgrade it to Intel GMA X4500. Will that work?

Any graphics card that starts with Intel will not run the game, since you have a laptop your out of options upgrade wise.

Any graphics card that starts with Intel will not run the game, since you have a laptop your out of options upgrade wise.

I have a Desktop PC and these specs are from my Desktop PC

original poster, buy a gt 240/gt 440/9800 gt

dont ever lkisten to this guy, he wants you to buy minimal outdated hardware that will still barely play the game, save a little bit and get a decent mid range card, you can wait a little bit to enjoy the game

dont ever lkisten to this guy, he wants you to buy minimal outdated hardware that will still barely play the game, save a little bit and get a decent mid range card, you can wait a little bit to enjoy the game

biggrin.gif but it does play the game, and at a decent 25+ framerate to boot smile.gif

Gts 450 or 460 would be just fine.

i agree with this, but adding this card potentially means needing to upgrade the power supply as well

http://www3.pny.com/GTS-450-1024MB-PCIe--P2932C447.aspx

http://www3.pny.com/GTX-460-1024MB-PCIe-P2919C434.aspx

Edited by unc13bud

• 10 months later...

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gp.../specifications

you would need at least 32 shader cores to run gta iv with decent LOW settings, and that is only for resolution of 1024x768, WITH A QUAD CORE. i mean, a 9500gt or 8600gt at minimum. 16 cores is onboard nforce video level

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gp...0-mgpu/features

corvettelover

EDIT:Whoops, did not realize someone bumped this from 2011.

Edited by corvettelover