Website Comments and Critisism

BnB

GentlemanSquid

Is this your first try? It's good if it is.

The design needs a little work, it clashes a bit. Such as the header doesn't go with the brick background.

In your CSS you have given every element a capital, I wouldn't recommend that as some browsers don't like this sort of thing. Also, try better at naming them, as giving name like 'sh*ts' may become confusing when you add more elements. Call them stuff like 'container', 'nav-wrap', 'nav-container', etc.

A good way to do this is to look at other sites and how they structure them. To do this use Google Developer Tools for Chrome (already installed), or Firebug for Firefox. If not just view source on the page of the site of your choice.

Edited by gta_talk

Is this your first try? It's good if it is.

It's my second try, but the first one had only one page and you couldn't call it "website".

The design needs a little work, it clashes a bit. Such as the header doesn't go with the brick background.

The design was always a problem, it took me a long time to come up with this design idea and even longer to make what I imagined. For example, I couldn't find a background so I had to adjust one myself. In my opinion the design is a matter of taste.

In your CSS you have given every element a capital, I wouldn't recommend that as some browsers don't like this sort of thing. Also, try better at naming them, as giving name like 'sh*ts' may become confusing when you add more elements. Call them stuff like 'container', 'nav-wrap', 'nav-container', etc.
Yeah, giving every element a capital was a big problem later. For instance, when I uploaded the files the html didn't load the css file because it was case sensitive. I never had this problem before. The CSS naming was never a problem it never got confusion but, it might get later as you said.

A good way to do this is to look at other sites and how they structure them. To do this use Google Developer Tools for Chrome (already installed), or Firebug for Firefox. If not just view source on the page of the site of your choice.

I already have Firebug installed, it's very useful and handy. I use it sometimes for stuff like Youtube videos, twitter live feed and other things. However, good sites are complex they use java script and other stuff sometimes unlike me. I like to keep it simple probably because I know only HTML and CSS. lol.gif